District 10AAA

fanchs

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry County almost got the win last against Dickson. Dickson could not buy a basket. I over heard someone say that Hamilton was 5 of 22 from the field. They didnt go inside to their big girl at all.

It didnt look like the Dickson team I have seen play. But a win is a win.

Dickson plays Northeast in the Championship.

They better be ready if they play like they did against Henry County they will lose by 20 plus points.

Henry County almost got the win last against Dickson. Dickson could not buy a basket. I over heard someone say that Hamilton was 5 of 22 from the field. They didnt go inside to their big girl at all.

It didnt look like the Dickson team I have seen play. But a win is a win.

Dickson plays Northeast in the Championship.

They better be ready if they play like they did against Henry County they will lose by 20 plus points.

In response to your post, kbc00, I agree on one point. DC did not shoot well at all. Henry Co.'s game plan was to double team the post in the paint and cover up #3 every where she went. HC was going to let the other players shoot 'til their arms went numb. Good plan. It almost worked. Almost.

You say you heard someone say......You didn't hear squat. You are the one sitting at mid court, front row with the palm pilot, blackberry, dingleberry or whatever keeping stats. According to the official book at Northwest, #3 Hamilton, while being the focus of the HC defense, shot 22 times and scored 17 points. The other two guards shot 12 times and scored 6 points, even though they were invited to shoot by the defense.

Dickson County did try to go inside to the big girl, as you so affectionately address her. The early result was a charging foul and late was a stumble and a fall against the double team.

#34 Amelia Downs saved the day by stepping up and scoring 14 points on 13 shots, including the two free throws to put the Lady Cougars ahead for good with 4.2 seconds left in the game.

kbc00, the community knows who you are. You have berated players on the boys team, also.

The girls have won 22 games and you act like they are doomed. They shot the ball miserably against the third place team in the district that have won near 20 games themselves. The Lady Cougars still won.

kbc00, I know you are very, very familiar with this team, but I don't think you are doing any service to the team that you claim to support, just so you can appear "in the know," on this forum.

i

In response to your post, kbc00, I agree on one point. DC did not shoot well at all. Henry Co.'s game plan was to double team the post in the paint and cover up #3 every where she went. HC was going to let the other players shoot 'til their arms went numb. Good plan. It almost worked. Almost.

You say you heard someone say......You didn't hear squat. You are the one sitting at mid court, front row with the palm pilot, blackberry, dingleberry or whatever keeping stats. According to the official book at Northwest, #3 Hamilton, while being the focus of the HC defense, shot 22 times and scored 17 points. The other two guards shot 12 times and scored 6 points, even though they were invited to shoot by the defense.

Dickson County did try to go inside to the big girl, as you so affectionately address her. The early result was a charging foul and late was a stumble and a fall against the double team.

#34 Amelia Downs saved the day by stepping up and scoring 14 points on 13 shots, including the two free throws to put the Lady Cougars ahead for good with 4.2 seconds left in the game.

kbc00, the community knows who you are. You have berated players on the boys team, also.

The girls have won 22 games and you act like they are doomed. They shot the ball miserably against the third place team in the district that have won near 20 games themselves. The Lady Cougars still won.

kbc00, I know you are very, very familiar with this team, but I don't think you are doing any service to the team that you claim to support, just so you can appear "in the know," on this forum.

GO DICKSON

i

You are entitled to your opinion

Hey 10W40,

You have got to stop sugar coating it and say what you mean.

I could not agree with you more myself. I see that this entire state is all political at the highest. How can you take and make Co-Coaches of the year when clearly Northeast beat DC both times and unless things have changed, if two teams ended with the same record, the team that has won against the other normally is #1 out-right.

To give the Player of the Year award to Hamilton and not Williams of Northeast, clearly shows that politics plays a great part within this County and District. It should not have anything to do with who the family is or how long they have been within the County or District, it should be due to the performance of the athlete throughout the basketball season. The same goes for the coach as well!

No one wants to give Coach Mason-Blair her the out-right respect that she deserves as being the Coach of the year, and the same goes for the young star Kamiko Williams as well. People have written on this site that Northeast has not had a leader this year, but if you truly look back at the entire season and it was very evident throughout the District Tournament, who the true leader of the Lady Eagles was and should have been voted without a doubt as the Player of the year, even though she is a junior!

So again yes people should speak exactly what they mean and stop sugar coating things on this forum!

Congrats Lady Eagles, District 10 AAA Champions 2007 & 2008!!! Job well done!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I could not agree with you more myself. I see that this entire state is all political at the highest. How can you take and make Co-Coaches of the year when clearly Northeast beat DC both times and unless things have changed, if two teams ended with the same record, the team that has won against the other normally is #1 out-right.

To give the Player of the Year award to Hamilton and not Williams of Northeast, clearly shows that politics plays a great part within this County and District. It should not have anything to do with who the family is or how long they have been within the County or District, it should be due to the performance of the athlete throughout the basketball season. The same goes for the coach as well!

No one wants to give Coach Mason-Blair her the out-right respect that she deserves as being the Coach of the year, and the same goes for the young star Kamiko Williams as well. People have written on this site that Northeast has not had a leader this year, but if you truly look back at the entire season and it was very evident throughout the District Tournament, who the true leader of the Lady Eagles was and should have been voted without a doubt as the Player of the year, even though she is a junior!

So again yes people should speak exactly what they mean and stop sugar coating things on this forum!

Congrats Lady Eagles, District 10 AAA Champions 2007 & 2008!!! Job well done!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

My, my, how sour your grapes have become!

10W40,

I don't know how you can presume to know whether someone else has heard something or not. For the record, I heard students discussing the attempts vs shots made and the fact that they had kept up with them during the game. So it is possible that the statement was overheard.

Since you have validated the stats given with the official book, the post is accurate. You even stated that the same player was the focus of the defense. There wasn't as much info originally posted as you provided, but then not everyone has access to the same data that you obviously do. Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see what the problem is here.

From my point of view, the "you didn't hear squat" comment was used to create the opportunity to verbally attack another user. The additional information regarding the game was a good response and is what I believe that this topic is all about. But the personal attacks should be addressed with the individual that you seem to know very well, not in this forum.

And check your dictionary. You may not have liked the original comments, but they are definitely not berating.