What has happened to Claiborne Basketball...?

chs0

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> Okay first of all Claiborne girls should have NEVER and would have NEVER lost to HANCOCK COUNTY if Coach Parkey was still here..and I am sure there is alot of fans that agree with me...or am I the only one that sees a problem with that?..and About the whole coach cook issues..I've heard from many of the girls that play that they don't like coach cook and that their parents are making them play..but I guess if I never got to play untill half the team quit I wouldn't complain anymore either...Honestly I think that some of the girls that quit had chances at getting scholarships or actually getting somewhere in basketball and now that is all ruined for them...I don't think coach cook is doing a very good job as coach or they wouldn't be losing to teams that they should be beating by 20 points or more...but bottom line..I hope we don't have to watch another season like this one next year...ITS EMBARSSING!!!!!!!!!! Well Parkey if you read this I wish you were still the coach...the girls would be much better off.... /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> Okay first of all Claiborne girls should have NEVER and would have NEVER lost to HANCOCK COUNTY if Coach Parkey was still here..and I am sure there is alot of fans that agree with me...or am I the only one that sees a problem with that?..and About the whole coach cook issues..I've heard from many of the girls that play that they don't like coach cook and that their parents are making them play..but I guess if I never got to play untill half the team quit I wouldn't complain anymore either...Honestly I think that some of the girls that quit had chances at getting scholarships or actually getting somewhere in basketball and now that is all ruined for them...I don't think coach cook is doing a very good job as coach or they wouldn't be losing to teams that they should be beating by 20 points or more...but bottom line..I hope we don't have to watch another season like this one next year...ITS EMBARSSING!!!!!!!!!! Well Parkey if you read this I wish you were still the coach...the girls would be much better off.... /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

I agree, it is embarrassing and hopefully we won't have another year with Cook as the coach. We can only hope that a different coach is hired next spring and all the players that have quit will be back. And for those who are seniors this year, we feel your pain and wish that something would have been done back in the summer when the first girl walked. Unfortunately that didn't happen, but you can hold your heads high in knowing that you took a stand for what you felt was the right thing to do.

Where is the school administration in all of this? To have lost all these players, it appears they are squarely behind the coach. Something is obviously not right, but not being close to the situation I do not know if it is the coach, the players, the parents, the administration, or some combination of all or some of them. I do know it is unfortunate and will have an impact on them all.

Claiborne plays Sullivan East today. They lost to Elzabethton last night. Both teams have only won one game so far this season. Claiborne should be the favorite because of their #42. If their #42 plays poorly then Sullivan East will win.Claiborne plays Sullivan East today. They lost to Elzabethton last night. Both teams have only won one game so far this season. Claiborne should be the favorite because of their #42. If their #42 plays poorly then Sullivan East will win.

I've been following this situation on this message board for a while now and I still don't know exactly what Claiborne's coach has done to uset so many of the players. I hear general statements of her not treating the girls right, implementing ridiculous rules, picking on particulat girls to yell at, etc..... I have also heard that she had similar problems at Cook County. Could someone please answer the following questions specifically.

1) What specifically were the problems at Cook County? How many players left their program. Why was this coach hired at Claiborne if she left Cook County in shambles?

2) How many girls have actually left Claiborne's varsity team, broken down by grade? How many of these girls were returning starters.

3) What specifically has this coach done to run off so many talented athletes that claim to love basketball?

4) Does the school administration back this coach and is she expected back next year? If the administration does support her, why do they considereing all these problems?

I want to make it clear that I have no dog in this fight - I do not love OR hate Claiborne County. I just can't imagine how a coach can run off so many girls (on such a good team with tremendous post-season potential) without the coach actually threatening physical harm to the players. I would just love some SPECIFIC explanations from someone "in the know".