Showdown Tues, night at RBS

devilish

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I yield to the wisdom of the senior senator from Jackson Co. Amen Amen.

The Senior Senator is a fair and wise man. I respect his wisdom, and posts and hope that he will continue to help us keep our eye on the ball. Thank you 39 for reminding us and Thank-you SENATOR. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I hope the Parents & Fans ....on both sides conduct themselves appropriately during this game. Everyone needs to remember that it not about the parents & fans......it's about these kids playing ball. The players are under enough pressure as it is. When the girls see their role models acting total REARS how do you expect them to react? I know some of you can't stand each other but come on you are the adults! RBS has a lot of animosity towards JC for obvious reasons but come on you can't blame the Leonard's for doing what is best for their kid. At some point you have to let it go. My cousin played at Jackson County....so I have watched my fair share of games in JC. I will have to say they have a very devoted fan base a lot of good people BUT they do have a hand full of the fans that complain about everything. Even the players use to talk about how embarrassing some of the fans are. I hope the Parents & Fans on both sides remember that even though we all get into the game a little to much (me included) that our time has passed....it is time to let these kids play. If these girls don't like each other....fine....you can't make them get along but you can let them make up their own mind about what they think of someone. They shouldn't be pressured into hating (I know it's a strong word) someone because that's all they hear from their Family, Friends & Fans. Good luck to both teams.

My Prediction is the Devils by 24. RBS has a good team but JC runs the floor & they are in great condition.

red boiling by 3

If you will click the heels of your ruby slippers 3 times and say there's no place like home, you'll get off this reallity based thread and make your way back to gordonsville or kansas or wherever.

P.S. give my regards to the wizard! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

First, devilish and some others do not represent the good people of Jackson County. Next if you listen to the people that get on here, and support the failed system of Red Boiling Sports, pay attention to what they say. Just like Rome they failed to recognize, that those in charge, and those that told the one's in charge what to do did not see the end coming. Wake up and quit blaming the other schools for you problems.

I read this on the other thread and it bothered, please talk about all you want about the basketball program in Red Boiling, I didn't play basketball i'm just a fan, but when you said the failed sports in RBS that brought up a problem. I played 2 of those so called failed sports and yes football wasn't very successful, but before the last 2 years RBS was always up at the top of the district in baseball, and I believe softball went 4 straight years of winning a district championship. So talk about basketball all you want too, but not any other sports in Red Boiling because I take offense to that!

I too, unfortunately, believe JC will beat RBS. Probably pretty bad. Again, unfortunately!! I am just going to say that I can't help but get irritated when all you people get on here and bad mouth Coach White and RBS girls. Saying RBS fans were cussing their players or whatever. And maybe it happened, I don't know. But let's not sit here and act as though JC fans and players are full of class!!! Please! They do more than their fair share. As to the Laken thing, Coach White did everything in this world for her and her "demanding" mother without so much as a thank you. She and her mother both think she is going to transfer to JC and get a full ride with the Lady Vols!! Funny I know. Don't get me wrong. She is a good player, but come on!! Tech if she's lucky!! Its easy to sit there from the JC side and say "You don't blame her for leaving". But at least acknowledge that it was a pretty crappy thing to do. I too hope the RBS girls conduct themselves with dignity. However, you all must admit, it would be really hard for you all to do.

I too, unfortunately, believe JC will beat RBS. Probably pretty bad. Again, unfortunately!! I am just going to say that I can't help but get irritated when all you people get on here and bad mouth Coach White and RBS girls. Saying RBS fans were cussing their players or whatever. And maybe it happened, I don't know. But let's not sit here and act as though JC fans and players are full of class!!! Please! They do more than their fair share. As to the Laken thing, Coach White did everything in this world for her and her "demanding" mother without so much as a thank you. She and her mother both think she is going to transfer to JC and get a full ride with the Lady Vols!! Funny I know. Don't get me wrong. She is a good player, but come on!! Tech if she's lucky!! Its easy to sit there from the JC side and say "You don't blame her for leaving". But at least acknowledge that it was a pretty crappy thing to do. I too hope the RBS girls conduct themselves with dignity. However, you all must admit, it would be really hard for you all to do.

They didn't move to think they're going to get a free ride to a big college and you should be ashamed to think other wise and also ashamed for coming on here to single out a young ball player such as Laken. Like I said she didn't move to get a free ride, but to develop her talents so she won't be a bust at the college level, and hopefully be successful in high school. Yeah, RBS can win 30+ games a year, but does that get you a state championship? That's the thing, RBS takes a team to state one year returns everyone of importance and can't get out of the region, but can still win 30 games, but then Clarkrange and JC who has a few wins over 20 is able to go to state. Laken is being developed into a better basketball player by playing teams like Cookeville, Upperman, etc who are good. It's not "a crappy thing to do" to want to better your child at the sport she loves. It's not about the recognition, but it's about winning at the high school level and developing your skills as a basketball player. I as much as any Red Boiling Springs fan wished Laken would hae stayed and played, but whats done is done and that isn't going to change anything.

As for the game I thought it was a good one, RBS lost 71-51 but it was a lot closer than a 20 point game. JC started out 11-0 before RBS could bring it up to 13-10 after the 1st, at half time it was about a 7 point game, and through out the 3rd and most of the 4th it was a 10 to 13 point game, I believe RBS got it with in 8 or 9 points a couple of times, but late RBS had 3 girls to foul out and after that JC pulled away to a 20 or so points and that's how it ended. RBS played as well as they could it's just JC is too good, I do believe though if RBS improves they can play with Clarkrange and hopefully come region time they can sneak up on them. RBS isn't that bad of a team and can play with anyone else in the district!

Swanson.....No offense but get down from your high horse and quit preaching on here like you are the spokes person for RBS. An opinion is just that, AN OPINION. Yes, you played 2 sports at RBS, but not very good might I add. You sir do not know as much as you think you know about the whole "tranfer" situation nor about sports in general. Game... just as I thought JC won big!!

The Haters are always going to Hate....AllBall. That would be you. Foul trouble kept JC #11 and #52 on the bench the first half. But JC is a Well Oiled Machine. The other JC starters and bench played extremely well in a ticky tack called game. It was officiated well. Two Non-flop calls one way that got called the other but no biggie. RBS is a very talented team. They will get better as the year goes on and be a tough beat for anybody come tourney time.