Morris vs. Kelley...whos better

tjownsme

Ok, I had to chime in here, just saw the post. I know this what this board is for, but it is kind of dangerous. To compare two high school players is a big grey area. Its fun if its harmless. Those who know me, will take my ugly sense of humor in stride. But I think where Drew will fit in best is left tackle. At his current rate, he might reach 280 by this time next year, and left tackles are the second in $$$$ on most rosters. But Im biased, I want a bass boat real bad. Seriously, I love Keiths game he has the total package, and first class all the way. thanks for the compliments on Drew, he is still just a baby though, gotta long way to go.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually a little over 6'7. I think alot of people need to realize that Drew is still a junior and still developing his game. He's really been working on his outside game and he's starting to take more shots from beyond the arc. Defensively, I like what I've seen from him so far. He's good on the transition and he came up with three streals and two big blocks last night. In two years he may very well be SEC material.

And as far as post-size goes, Jason Maxiel of the Detroit Pistons is only 6'7 (same as Drew) and many consider him to be one of the best young power-forwards in the game.

How many has me made from beyond the arc?? Thanks.. you reserve the right to your opinion and i reserve mine.. its all good. Good luck to everyone and we'll see how it all plays out, hopefully for the best!!

with the offering vs getting letters, deal with Kelly

i may be wrong on this, but a school cannot offer any sort of scholarship till after a players Junior season. (meaning drew couldn't receive any offers till like March or April. He could then sign to a school in May or wait till later in his senior year.

there're other rules about recruiting that im not to sure about, so i wont bring them up, and i may even be wrong on what i said above, if i am please someone correct me...

Colleges can offer 8th graders if they want. The rules relate to contact with the player and their parents. In Junior year, which starts mid summer according to the NCAA rules, D-1 colleges can call players/parents one time per month. It goes to 1 week in senior year. Players can receive offers through mail, through contact wth the HS coach or AAU coach, anytime they are on a college campus during a contact period, etc.

Drew has all those offers mentioned by Hoopscout and then some. The funny thing is that people like to knock him based on his size. The truth is Drew is fast, jumps well (not out of the gymm but well), and had a 6'11 wingspan. Of course there will be players that are taller that would cause problems, but there are also taller players that he dominates b/c of his skill, length, smarts and strength. Height isnt the only factor. In college, Drew is a PF and for those who havent seen, he does the ability to shoot it well from the perimeter, showed that in the summer. However, in high school, he frankly doesnt need to do any of that because he can overpower everyone in the post. He is really good now, but if he grows another inch or two, he will be terrific. He turned 17 in November so who knows how much he can grow, if any.

He is one of the best players in the state in any class and with his recruitment the way it is (colleges like some of the ones he has offers from dont offer just anybody) I think it is pretty clear what kind of prospect he is.

How many has me made from beyond the arc?? Thanks.. you reserve the right to your opinion and i reserve mine.. its all good. Good luck to everyone and we'll see how it all plays out, hopefully for the best!!

he is 2-2 from behind the arc so far this season (10 games)

Colleges can offer 8th graders if they want. The rules relate to contact with the player and their parents. In Junior year, which starts mid summer according to the NCAA rules, D-1 colleges can call players/parents one time per month. It goes to 1 week in senior year. Players can receive offers through mail, through contact wth the HS coach or AAU coach, anytime they are on a college campus during a contact period, etc.

thanks for the clarification..and good post

he is 2-2 from behind the arc so far this season (10 games)

thanks for the clarification..and good post

No problem. Also, I dont know much about Morris and I am sure he is good, but it doesnt even really seem like these two are the same position and their skill sets are entirely different such that we shouldnt even be comparing the two.