Ezell Harding vs. Lipscomb

9aafan

It really was a good game. These teams are well matched, and I predict close games the rest of the season between these two teams. DL did not play as cohesive as they did in their last two outings. The rematch on February 5 ought to be good one. Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season. Playing each other will only make them better for post season play. As always, District 9 is great basketball.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the shot at the end was "cleanly rejected" then I am Miss America. Since I have just looked in the mirror and discovered that is not the case......The game was very good, extremely physical and there were way too many fouls. An Ezell player was hit very hard in the arm on a no call. A Lipscomb player has a black eye on a no call. The lay up at the end of regulation put the Lipscomb girl on the floor on a no call. I agree with you on the good game part, but the officials have to take better control of these games.

If you have been going to many Lipscomb games over the years this is the way it is over there. Its always a physical game with Lipscomb usually getting the calls. I guess on this night Ezell was the better team. It's a little satisfying hearing a Lipscomb fan complaining about the officiating. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Guest bballmom10

If you have been going to many Lipscomb games over the years this is the way it is over there. Its always a physical game with Lipscomb usually getting the calls. I guess on this night Ezell was the better team. It's a little satisfying hearing a Lipscomb fan complaining about the officiating. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I've been going to lipscomb games for many many years and the games are always hard fought. Ezell was definitely the better team for 4 quarters and an ot. And if you sat in the stands with the parents, complaining about the officials wouldn't surprise you. It's hard to watch kids go out and give it their all and the officials simply don't do their job. It's been that way this year and not just with Lipscomb. I think the sophmores had a little bit of nerves in this game and who can blame them. Ultimately it doesn't matter who wins these games, it's what happens at the end of the season in the district play. Hopefully lessons will be learned and the girls will adjust and be able to play without getting flustered and frustrated because they are being hammered and not hearing a whistle. I wouldn't mind watching these 2 teams play every night. I know my kid only gets better when she has to play against some of the best players around.

If the shot at the end was "cleanly rejected" then I am Miss America. Since I have just looked in the mirror and discovered that is not the case......The game was very good, extremely physical and there were way too many fouls. An Ezell player was hit very hard in the arm on a no call. A Lipscomb player has a black eye on a no call. The lay up at the end of regulation put the Lipscomb girl on the floor on a no call. I agree with you on the good game part, but the officials have to take better control of these games.

lol, Well you should not be so hard on yourself, I am sure someone thinks you look like Mrs. America. Ask the coach to look at the game tape, about the block, not the Ms. America thing, the only other call could have been jump ball. Just because a girl falls does not mean that she was fouled. This game was full of missed calls, I think that if one was to be fair, there were questionable calls in the first quarter that resulted in the two of the best players for ezell to be sitting out only after 4 minutes. This was why Lipscomb was able to come back in the first place. Once 21 and 10 re-entered the game for the second half, this game never seemed in doubt for Ezell. It was only after some great shooting by #21 Ross that this game went to extra play. Good Post Players are taught to clear the ball after a rebound so that the midgets cannot tie you up. Since the Lipscomb players tried to apply pressure on the posts as soon as the posts pulled down a rebound, the girl with the blackeye probably caught an elbow. This is a simple lesson in basketball, guards don't try to take rebounds from post players. It is kinda like learning how not to touch a hot stove. I think it takes away from a great basketball game to say the officials were controling this game, it is my understanding that 2 of the game officials were supervisors and are more than well respected within their ranks and the TSSAA, I have been very disapointed with the officiating that I have seen, where teams had to play against the officials as well as the home team, this game was fairly officiated, the girls were allowed to play more in the 2nd half, but this game was not effected by the officials. I think there will be about 3 more games between these two teams and they all should be good. If it matters I will give you one vote for Ms. America, the rest is up to the officials.

I've been going to lipscomb games for many many years and the games are always hard fought. Ezell was definitely the better team for 4 quarters and an ot. And if you sat in the stands with the parents, complaining about the officials wouldn't surprise you. It's hard to watch kids go out and give it their all and the officials simply don't do their job. It's been that way this year and not just with Lipscomb. I think the sophmores had a little bit of nerves in this game and who can blame them. Ultimately it doesn't matter who wins these games, it's what happens at the end of the season in the district play. Hopefully lessons will be learned and the girls will adjust and be able to play without getting flustered and frustrated because they are being hammered and not hearing a whistle. I wouldn't mind watching these 2 teams play every night. I know my kid only gets better when she has to play against some of the best players around.

I was at the game saw the whole thing and it was physical - but in a good way. Lipscomb got 2 charging fouls back to back that really affected the outcome - I thought. The Lipscomb girls have been coached well and have a great knack of turning and appearing to get foulded on every shot close or driving towards the basket - and based on how the game had been called, was very suprised that the 2 charging fouls were called........ both good teams, Mcallister on the bench early in game, helped Lipscomb.

it is my understanding that 2 of the game officials were supervisors and are more than well respected within their ranks and the TSSAA, I have been very disapointed with the officiating that I have seen

Does the TSSAA actually allow supervisors to referee games in Nashville? What about the rest of the state? That seems a little odd to me.