Best PG's in state

jaydem57

You will see if he is a true point guard when he plays college ball. I've seen him numerous times and regardless of the statistics, he almost always looks for his shot first rather than setting up someone else. He is a scorer. I don't feel like I am putting him down by saying this. I actually think that it is a compliment.

No,he is a point guard and a very good one.He is a very unselfish player.He could score at least 25 a nite if he wanted to.He likes to get his teammates involved first.When the game is on the line or UC is going thru stretches were they are struggling,not many times,he is going to take the game over.Thats the only time that he looks for his shot first.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watkins at LHS is one of the most under-rated players in the state at any position.

Hasn't he already had one game this year where he hit 5 or 6 three-pointers?

Watkins averaged around 13ppg and 6.5 apg last season as a junior. This year through 8 games he is avg. 19.7 ppg and right at 5 apg. He is tough. But he is probably a better defender than he is offensively, which is scary.

At only about 6'1, 180 lbs he is a little undersized for the big time D-1 schools, but, in my opinion, would be a great true point guard at the next level somewhere.

And yes, he went 5 of 6 behind the arc one game...he's really improved his outside shot.

There are a lot of good point guards in the state, especially when you combine all classes. I will give it a shot. What makes it difficult is a lot of these guys are combo guards, but I am ranking them as if they were playing PG in college.

1. Joe Jackson, White Station

2. Tyler Cutter, Siegel

3. Tyrone Caldwell, Clarksville

4. Nathan Garth, Hamilton

5. Timothy Ware, BTW

6. DeMario Williams, Culleoka

7. M.J. Brown, Union County

8. Erik Buggs, Mitchell

9. Greg Wooten, Briarcrest

10. Jon Primm, Dickson Co

11. Kyle Upton, Antioch

12. DeMario Watkins, LaVergne

13. Jordan Damron, Maryville

14. K.J. Stripling, Smyrna

15. Twilley, Shelbyville

There are a lot of good point guards in the state, especially when you combine all classes. I will give it a shot. What makes it difficult is a lot of these guys are combo guards, but I am ranking them as if they were playing PG in college.

1. Joe Jackson, White Station

2. Tyler Cutter, Siegel

3. Tyrone Caldwell, Clarksville

4. Nathan Garth, Hamilton

5. Timothy Ware, BTW

6. DeMario Williams, Culleoka

7. M.J. Brown, Union County

8. Erik Buggs, Mitchell

9. Greg Wooten, Briarcrest

10. Jon Primm, Dickson Co

11. Kyle Upton, Antioch

12. DeMario Watkins, LaVergne

13. Jordan Damron, Maryville

14. K.J. Stripling, Smyrna

15. Twilley, Shelbyville

i agree except only 1 point guard from Division II. There are some of the best point guards in tennessee basketball in D II like Miles Asafo-Adjei

i agree except only 1 point guard from Division II. There are some of the best point guards in tennessee basketball in D II like Miles Asafo-Adjei

who does miles play for?

There are a lot of good point guards in the state, especially when you combine all classes. I will give it a shot. What makes it difficult is a lot of these guys are combo guards, but I am ranking them as if they were playing PG in college.1. Joe Jackson, White Station 2. Tyler Cutter, Siegel3. Tyrone Caldwell, Clarksville4. Nathan Garth, Hamilton5. Timothy Ware, BTW6. DeMario Williams, Culleoka7. M.J. Brown, Union County8. Erik Buggs, Mitchell9. Greg Wooten, Briarcrest10. Jon Primm, Dickson Co11. Kyle Upton, Antioch12. DeMario Watkins, LaVergne13. Jordan Damron, Maryville14. K.J. Stripling, Smyrna15. Twilley, Shelbyville

yeah..except you have none from east TN /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I am going to say that Demario Williams can run with the best of the point guards in Class A probably one of the best he avg. 4 or 5 steals a game about 6 rebounds a game and about 16 points a game this man can do it all he can drive to the basket, step out and hit the three bomb and he can give some sick assist and I don't know why people say he is lazy on defense how about yaw come to Culleoka and see what he is all about because in crutual moments he can play lock down D.

I am going to say that Demario Williams can run with the best of the point guards in Class A probably one of the best he avg. 4 or 5 steals a game about 6 rebounds a game and about 16 points a game this man can do it all he can drive to the basket, step out and hit the three bomb and he can give some sick assist and I don't know why people say he is lazy on defense how about yaw come to Culleoka and see what he is all about because in crutual moments he can play lock down D.

i saw Culleoka play MBA and I didn't see any lockdown defense out of him