Special thanks for the Maryville seniors.

REBELRON

Brent Burnett,Andrew Burns,Josh Cantwell,Eric Chamberlain,Caleb Clement,Tyler Clendenen,Aaron Douglas,Brougton Greene,Jordan Halsne,Derek Headrick,Todd Hollingsworth,Zach Mobius,Tyler Morton,Matt Ramsey,Tim Rodrigues,Casey Ryding,Jeremy Sands,Steven Shiver,Brett Wadham,Taylor Watson,Kieran Webb,Caleb West,Caleb Wheeler and JP Woodbury deserve a great big pat on the back. They never lost a game at Maryville. 60-0. That is getting it done.

No team ever in Tennessee had ever won 4 titles in a row until Alcoa and Maryville done it. Congratulations to Alcoa by the way. But! Alcoa did lose 5 games. Maryville has won 60 in a row. Counting their 10-0 freshmen season that comes to 70-0. That is getting it done. Even more impressive than that is Todd Hollingsworths record. He never played a football game on a team that lost.I read that in Blount Today. All these seniors are champions.

It's indeed a remarkable feat. A little luck here and there (the closest they've flirted with defeat was, I think, that regular season Central game last year - still can't believe Zach Helton threw that interception) but definitely mostly hard work that got the job done.

By the way, if somebody would be willing to help me figure this out, what was Brent Burnette's overall career passing statistics? I'm trying to figure out whether he is now the Rebels' career passing leader or not, because I only have his statistics from the regular seasons of '05 and '06.

2005 Regular Season - Brent Burnette - 32-53 for 625 yards, 9 TDs, 3 INTs

2006 Regular Season - Brent Burnette - 63-86 for 1,243 yards, 11 TDs, 2 INTs

2007 - Brent Burnette - ??-?? for 3,521 yards, 38 TDs, ? INTs

2005-2007: ??-?? for ????, ?? TDs

I know Cade Thompson was No. 1: 374-641 for 5,668 yards, 62 TDs.

But I bet Brent's thrown for more yards in the 2005 and 2006 playoffs so he should be at least a close second, right?

EDIT: Somebody told me Brent did break Cade's passing yardage and TD records though he didn't have the specific statistics. Unbelievable considering Burnette only really had one full season of starts compared to how many starts Cade Thompson had over three years. Though I guess Cade did have to sit out the 4th quarter of most games and had a good running game to complement his game for the most part, and Brent didn't, but still, good going Brent.