Future Cookeville coach?

cav32

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jerry16

Titan74, who do you think is the leading candidats? Do you know anything on these guys? Maybe Cookeville needs to hire somebody within the program of county. what do yuou think?

I think that Mr. Shanks will hire the best coach that applies and can fill a teaching void. Yes, there are some capable coaches in the county. Like Jerry Watson at Upperman, Ex-Cavs coach Butch Chaffin, Retired TTU coach David Mays. They still have 2 or 3 more interviews to take care of. It could be the end of next week could possible be when Mr. Shanks hires a head coach. Mr. Shanks is looking for some that will be a hard worker. We need more than just one year. This could be a good coaching job for the right coach if he will stay and work hard to make it a good program.

What do you think about these and possible others?

Basically this whole deal boils down to one thing. There is no interest in the job because coaches everywhere are scared to death of the system in putnam county right? There is no doubt there are some great kids and great talent there, but with the unstable system and the state budget the way it is, who could afford to put themselves in that position. Plus there must be some unknowns that have more or less caused so many coaches in the last few years. I feel sorry for the kids, but from the way it sounds i feel even more sorry for the man who takes the job next. Evidently the problems there aren't baseball problems....

All I know is that we better receive a coach who works just as hard as Coach Kennedy did or harder because we deserve to get a coach who wants to win as bad as we do. Coach Kennedy worked us to death and it payed off and we did a great job. He told us that our practices and workouts would be heck and that we would hate him and it was hard but we came to respect him for his work ethics and for the friend that he was to us. We deserve a coach like him.