Future Cookeville coach?

cav32

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest westtennbaseball

Sorry, just now getting to read on this particular subject, but I had not heard that Coach Kennedy was leaving. Is this because of budget cuts or other reason(s)?

Ok here's the whole story. Coach Kennedy has been notified by several coaches who are interested in the job but until he makes a decision on who will replace him, he will not name any coaches who have applied. We will not know until Coach Kennedy has to leave to report to his new school or until the CHS pricipal Wayne Shanks annouces who the new coach is. No one will know who the new coach will be anytime soon. When our new coach is annouced we will report his name.

So, Kennedy gets to pick his successor? That's alittle odd, especially knowing that Shanks is at the helm. I thought it would be better to get to know your coach, and him know his team, as soon as possible. So, it is a wise move to let Kennedy keep his choice a secret until he leaves?

BTW Does Shanks ever come out and help the team any? He was one of the best coaches back in his days at Upperman. I wonder if he has thought about getting back into coaching?

Coach Shanks and Coach Kennedy are both picking the next coach but are keeping it a secret. Coach Shanks was a great coach and would be a great one still but he will not coach because of his job and work schedule. He does not come out and help the team but he does come to the games and most of us have all played under him before at sometime and he knows how each player can perform so he can tell the future coach about the players.