Future Cookeville coach?

cav32

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach 914,

I know that prediction sounds crazy, I think it is absurd but don't be suprised if it happens. I have pretty good information that says that there is not much interest in the job. Things may have changed over the last couple of days but I don't think so. Don't you think that if there was interest that someone would have surfaced as a leading candidate. The position has been open for a while now. I just feel sorry for the players in Cookeville, there is some good talent but they will never have a chance playing under a different system EVERY year!

Guest jingo

titans74 sounds like you must know absolutely nothing about either baseball or coaching-Coach Kennedy walked in and produced a 26-10 regular season record and did a heck of a job turning them around He was offered a job at a bigger school with alot more money to provide for his family you say tennessee is lucky why don't you back that statement up instead of throwing around stupid crap like that!

you don't have a clue. the record was 25-12. they finished fourth in the district. It doesn't impress me to much when you beat Class A or AA and you are a AAA school. Beat Riverdale or Oakland, then you can talk. Monterey, Baxter, and Livingston don't count. Not to say anything bad about them, but Cookeville needs to beat teams like Riverdale. the only thing he did was pad his stats. It doesn't make your team better. when they play good AAA teams, they were out played and out coached. Don't blame the umps on some of your losses (Oakland).

And don't get me stated on the summer league stuff. and you know what I'm talking about ($$$$). As the song goes (Money for Nothing)...

Guest jingo

lets see they beat the team that won the state championship in AAA with scott on the mound (their ace) they and if you go back and look at their schedule there are 9 games on it that were not AAA they played 38 so try to do the math(you may take your shoes off if needed)and of the ones not AAA three made the state tournament and 5 made the semifinals from all across the state that provides some good competition and as far as the summer league he at least had the gumption to stay and keep it going while they went to school to mid june and the tssaa would not allow them to coach until school was out no one else has stayed and thought enough of those kids to stick with them through the summer and the man is trying to get ready to move to GA- again he proves that the kids come first-- and whats with the umpiring crap-- i saw some unbeleivable stuff happen this year not just at Cookeville but all around the upper cumberland and the mid sate but thats a whole different topic- but when someone has the gumption to say that they are a joke -I admire him -not ridicule him!