THE Smyrna Football Hall of Fame

voldawg08

let me just say that larry daniels is my second favorite qb in smyrna history "behind the ######" im sure other qbs had better stat years than #12 but like the word that is associated with vince young he had that "it" factor he could do so many things, and when you needed momentum to change the game or if you needed to pick up that crucial first down he was the guy PLAYMAKER!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me just say that larry daniels is my second favorite qb in smyrna history "behind the ######" im sure other qbs had better stat years than #12 but like the word that is associated with vince young he had that "it" factor he could do so many things, and when you needed momentum to change the game or if you needed to pick up that crucial first down he was the guy PLAYMAKER!!!

#2 being my favorite "for some reason it blocked it out in my last post"

Just a quick comment from an OLD Bulldog..... Smyrna High School Football history goes WAAAYYYY back further than 00, 90' 80' or 70's . If you want some good reading look up the true history of the football program in Smyrna. We had some real Hoss's back when. Ask Mr. Raikes he could probably name all of them. This is not to take away from the present teams, only to let the younger folks know that they are continuing a very deep and talented tradition in Smyrna, that I pray will continue forever.

Just a quick comment from an OLD Bulldog..... Smyrna High School Football history goes WAAAYYYY back further than 00, 90' 80' or 70's . If you want some good reading look up the true history of the football program in Smyrna. We had some real Hoss's back when. Ask Mr. Raikes he could probably name all of them. This is not to take away from the present teams, only to let the younger folks know that they are continuing a very deep and talented tradition in Smyrna, that I pray will continue forever.

It really is an honor to be a 2008 smyrna senior. Playing for coach shad for three years really was a lifechanging experience and everybody wants to talk about how good this class is and how good last year's class was but the credit really does fall back on all the bulldogs before me and the rest of the seniors. Mr. Raikes and Coach Shad are monumental figures in our lives but they have also been factors in thousands of other kids lives to. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

yes i no that, i am only throwing out the players that i have scene play in my 30+ years of life, i think it would be great if someone could throw those names out ther,and BELEIVE me i would love to here the stories!!!

It really is an honor to be a 2008 smyrna senior. Playing for coach shad for three years really was a lifechanging experience and everybody wants to talk about how good this class is and how good last year's class was but the credit really does fall back on all the bulldogs before me and the rest of the seniors. Mr. Raikes and Coach Shad are monumental figures in our lives but they have also been factors in thousands of other kids lives to. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What a great thing to say! It is great to see such a nice young man understand that as much as it is about him and his team it is also about what came before him. Let me also say that it is also a little about what you can do to help the next generation too. I have a son who has missed very few games this football year and adores all you Bulldogs just like you are NFL players. He is so excited for what you have done and I appreciate that. I am also thankful to you and your team for the role models you have been for a younger generation. I believe it will all come back to you. Just as you remember things from your past your names will forever be etched in our life and younger kids memories for things you did on the field and off the field. Enjoy the ride, it doesn't last nearly long enough!

Oh Larry Daniels....he was the quickest and fastest QB that I played against. Watching film preparing for their game, we were told he was fast and even knew their first play from scrimmage and still he busted one for 60 yards. He went to Cumberland for a year...believe it was '98 season. Don't think he made it through the full season because he couldn't stay out of trouble.

Where is Wolke now? He could be the starter at Notre Dame now throwing to Golden Tate. But, I don't blame him for leaving.

Larry plays for the Smyrna Dawgs and he is stiil pretty fast I play DE and I had to chase him every play. Great Athlete. Chuckie Richardson plays for them also

OSK

#15 Franklin Generals

With young men like this I feel very secure in our future. Keep those feelings and stay true to what you have been taught and you will go far young man. BTW Ringworm11 the next time you see Shawn Pope and his mom ask her to show you her scrap book, you will see some of the Bulldogs of the past.

With young men like this I feel very secure in our future. Keep those feelings and stay true to what you have been taught and you will go far young man. BTW Ringworm11 the next time you see Shawn Pope and his mom ask her to show you her scrap book, you will see some of the Bulldogs of the past.

I will and there's probably another scrap book with me and shawn playin middle school ball together. lol. I wish shawn would have continued the bulldog family tradition. I tried to get him to come with me during my freshman year.

Larry plays for the Smyrna Dawgs and he is stiil pretty fast I play DE and I had to chase him every play. Great Athlete. Chuckie Richardson plays for them also

OSK

#15 Franklin Generals

No Dawgs in the MTFL this year Osk. I wish Larry would play for us! I look forward to trying to block you this year! I know it will be a task. You can play dude!

64 Lebanon Hitmen

• 5 weeks later...