Hampton Basketball

Bluengoldblood

Hampton absolutely dominated Harriman tonight. The Dawgs had a 20 point lead at the half, led by as many as 29, and ended up beating the Blue Devils by 23. Everyone shot lights out and they forced untelling how many turnovers. James had around 20 points, Bentely had 10 or more, Milhorn had around 8, the two freshmen Hughes and Ward both had 5-10 points, a number of other players also scored a fair amount but the standout player on the night (outside of James) had to be Dustin Roberson off the bench. He had to have at least 15. The Big Dawg has this team playing great. I can't wait till they square off with Grace Christian tomorrow. It should be a great game...

What time is the game tonight against Grace?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be wrong, but I think Hampton lost by 6 in OT. Should have won the game had an 11 pt. lead. Grace is pretty tough. I think the Dogs will be a force come tournament time.

yea, they will be very tough. They turned the ball over way too many times though. I think they had next to 20 turnovers. The Dawgs had a couple of big leads, but just couldn't keep them. I don't think Hampton ever trailed until OT. The only time the game was even tied was at the end of the 4th quarter. Bentley played a great game, James played good, and Roberson played a good game off of the bench...

yea, they will be very tough. They turned the ball over way too many times though. I think they had next to 20 turnovers. The Dawgs had a couple of big leads, but just couldn't keep them. I don't think Hampton ever trailed until OT. The only time the game was even tied was at the end of the 4th quarter. Bentley played a great game, James played good, and Roberson played a good game off of the bench...

Hampton seems to have a pretty good team. When is there next game and against who?

• 2 weeks later...

Today, Hampton's freshmen team played Daniel Boone and they looked very impressive. They led by 29 at one point but only won by about 15 or 20. They have two great freshmen and a very good group of freshmen role players that surround them. Nathaniel Hughes had 18 and Dylan Ward had 43. I have never even heard of someone scoring 43 in a freshmen game. I just hope that they all keep working because these freshmen have a chance to be special...