results from sonic invitational tournament

sbwrestlermom

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told that some brackets had as many as 24 kids in them. Thats great, except if you lose a match you won't be able to wrestle back for a medal because of the 5 matches in 1 day rule. Maybe in some matches but if you lose in the first round you cant.

One parent told me their son had 21 kids and his lost his first match and won the next 4 in the consolations but had to forfeit the next match to get into the consolation finals because of the 5 match rule. His day was over.

If they are going to have a tournament and invite that many schools they need to have 2 brackets for weight classes that have 17 or more kids in them to avoid the 5 match rule.

Actually any bracket with 13 or more could potentially have the 5 match rule problem. The one thing to keep in mind is that the NFHS rules, which I am sure they were using, are geared to high school wrestlers and high school wrestling. TSSAA has to stick to those rules as they are written, but the 5 match rule could have been waived for a middle school or youth event with no liability.

I was told that some brackets had as many as 24 kids in them. Thats great, except if you lose a match you won't be able to wrestle back for a medal because of the 5 matches in 1 day rule. Maybe in some matches but if you lose in the first round you cant.

One parent told me their son had 21 kids and his lost his first match and won the next 4 in the consolations but had to forfeit the next match to get into the consolation finals because of the 5 match rule. His day was over.

If they are going to have a tournament and invite that many schools they need to have 2 brackets for weight classes that have 17 or more kids in them to avoid the 5 match rule.

Would it help if the westler had not lost his 1st match of the tournament?

Would it help if the westler had not lost his 1st match of the tournament?

Not really. In brackets with 13 or more wrestlers, a wrestler could lose in the first or second round and still run into the fifth match during the consolation semi-finals. With the 5 match rule in place, they would still have to forfeit the 3rd place match.

Actually any bracket with 13 or more could potentially have the 5 match rule problem. The one thing to keep in mind is that the NFHS rules, which I am sure they were using, are geared to high school wrestlers and high school wrestling. TSSAA has to stick to those rules as they are written, but the 5 match rule could have been waived for a middle school or youth event with no liability.

If a TSSAA ref calls a match and it is the wrestlers sixth match and he gets hurt, is the TSSAA official covered? Do the TSSAA officials have to follow the NFHS rules for this tournament?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Going From Memory..

75-Wave over Sunset(ultimate wrestling club at this tourny)

82-Sunset over Wave

90-Baker(wave) pinned someone

98-

107-Mosley(NCW) pinned Little(Heritage)

112-Davis(page) pinned

122-Shrader(Grassland) over Wright(NCW) would of been the best match but Wright had to forfeit at the start of the third due to a concussion. Caused by a vicious spear by shrader(He did what most coaches scream to do when an opponent falls to his knees and doesnt get up quickly) Shrader was winning 2-3 at the start of the third

130-...

138-Newberg(Page) over BA (Best Match)

148-

160-Coffey pinned

Baker and Mosley recieved the OW. They both looked destructive but if we lined them up my humble opinion is that Baker would pin Mosley like he did everyone else.(4time state champ in the works)

Going From Memory..

75-Wave over Sunset(ultimate wrestling club at this tourny)

82-Sunset over Wave

90-Baker(wave) pinned someone

98-

107-Mosley(NCW) pinned Little(Heritage)

112-Davis(page) pinned

122-Shrader(Grassland) over Wright(NCW) would of been the best match but Wright had to forfeit at the start of the third due to a concussion. Caused by a vicious spear by shrader(He did what most coaches scream to do when an opponent falls to his knees and doesnt get up quickly) Shrader was winning 2-3 at the start of the third

130-...

138-Newberg(Page) over BA (Best Match)

148-

160-Coffey pinned

Baker and Mosley recieved the OW. They both looked destructive but if we lined them up my humble opinion is that Baker would pin Mosley like he did everyone else.(4time state champ in the works)

Mr. Cox,

Put down the pipe. No put it down. Just say no to drugs. Which tourny were you watching. I was there and there is no way baker pins Mosley. Thats just my humble opinion.