Eagleville Football

topnight

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the DNJ:

EAGLEVILLE

The head football coaching vacancy may be filled as early as Friday, school principal Rhonda Holton and assistant principal and athletic director Bill Tollett said Wednesday.

Tollett said they had whittled down the candidates to "three local guys," and that one was coming for a meeting Wednesday.

"We've had some excellent candidates, and now we're in the process of deciding which of those excellent candidates that's going to be," Holton said, adding that the coach would be named "for sure" before Dec. 20.

"That'll be my (Christmas) present to myself," Holton said. "We've had a lot of interest, and it's been very flattering."

Jason Scharsh resigned Nov. 6 after six years at the helm.

Asst at Riverdale for a long time, and applied for HC at Riverdale when Rankin left. He went to Smyrna this last yr and was in charge of the Special teams. I hear he is very organized, is good with keeping parents informed, and well-liked by the players. Good luck to him and Eagleville.

Guys, Greg would be a good hire but the decision on the next coach has not been made.