Pickett Co. @ Clay Co.

7asuperfan

Oh I am frustrated with losing to Clay Co., I'd rather have my teeth pulled. But I am a little upset with Bibb's in game decisions over the last couple of years against Clay. Its like he can't make adjustments to Edward's defense. As far as the PC faithful arguing with me, I am a PC faithful as well, so they are gonna be agruing against one of their own. And I think Bibb is a fantastic coach, I just can't understand him against Clay Co. sometimes.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I am frustrated with losing to Clay Co., I'd rather have my teeth pulled. But I am a little upset with Bibb's in game decisions over the last couple of years against Clay. Its like he can't make adjustments to Edward's defense. As far as the PC faithful arguing with me, I am a PC faithful as well, so they are gonna be agruing against one of their own. And I think Bibb is a fantastic coach, I just can't understand him against Clay Co. sometimes.

With my Wildcats being off last night, I was able to go and see this game. I knew it would be a good one. Pickett County played well but Clay County just had too much last night. I was really impressed with Clay County. 7asuperfan, you are completely wrong about Coach Bibb. He put his players in great situations last night, they just couldn't make their open looks. That is not the coaches fault! I lost count of how many open looks Pickett missed last night. How are you blaming that on Bibb? I think you need to blame this one on the players and not the coach. I am very familiar with Bibb and his abilities as he coached at Livingston for a year and have watched him some at Pickett County. And I think it's safe to say that he knows a lot more about basketball than you and pretty much every poster on this site, for that matter. Clay County was better last night. Pickett's talent level is not near as good as it has been in the past.

With my Wildcats being off last night, I was able to go and see this game. I knew it would be a good one. Pickett County played well but Clay County just had too much last night. I was really impressed with Clay County. 7asuperfan, you are completely wrong about Coach Bibb. He put his players in great situations last night, they just couldn't make their open looks. That is not the coaches fault! I lost count of how many open looks Pickett missed last night. How are you blaming that on Bibb? I think you need to blame this one on the players and not the coach. I am very familiar with Bibb and his abilities as he coached at Livingston for a year and have watched him some at Pickett County. And I think it's safe to say that he knows a lot more about basketball than you and pretty much every poster on this site, for that matter. Clay County was better last night. Pickett's talent level is not near as good as it has been in the past.

Pickett`s talent is good they just have to play team ball instead of Jacob trying to go to the goal with 4 to 5 players guarding him he needs to look up and make the pass to one of his teammates that is open and play defense,Logan an Gibson need to shoot the ball instead of looking to Jacob all the time.If they don`t start playing team ball now it`s going to be bad at the end of season.All 5 starters have to play together,it will take TC and Sells a few more games to get back into the hang of it.

what about clay's nolan dale and ethan birdwell? they had fantastic games last night. they shared the high score (16 pts.) it's good to see a "balance of power." shawn g, scott brown, and knight played well too. if clay's caleb lynn had been on the court last night, capps would not have dunked it! ha ha. the game was action-packed and most of us were on the edges of our seat until the very end. it could've gone either way. Can't wait to watch the rest of the season, keep up the good work dawgs.

Oh I'll put alot of the blame on the team for not being able to make the shots they had....I'm not saying they aren't to blame. But I think Bibb should have recognized that they couldn't hit the broad side of the barn and desgined something to get the ball inside the three point line. We shot too many three's. What I'm saying is that when he saw the three's weren't falling he should have tried to get the ball into TC more. I know that Bibb was probably thinking that Jacob was eventually gonna get out of his funk, because noone expects him to be that bad off all game.....I know I didn't either. I'm not questioning Bibb's knowledge of the game, he easily knows more basketball than me or anyone else, but I've spent my whole life growing up in basketball, so I know a little something about it. Pickett's talent level is just fine, they had a bad night.....I'll give Clay this, they have some athletes, and the most athletic team i've seen.

Oh I'll put alot of the blame on the team for not being able to make the shots they had....I'm not saying they aren't to blame. But I think Bibb should have recognized that they couldn't hit the broad side of the barn and desgined something to get the ball inside the three point line. We shot too many three's. What I'm saying is that when he saw the three's weren't falling he should have tried to get the ball into TC more. I know that Bibb was probably thinking that Jacob was eventually gonna get out of his funk, because noone expects him to be that bad off all game.....I know I didn't either. I'm not questioning Bibb's knowledge of the game, he easily knows more basketball than me or anyone else, but I've spent my whole life growing up in basketball, so I know a little something about it. Pickett's talent level is just fine, they had a bad night.....I'll give Clay this, they have some athletes, and the most athletic team i've seen.

So when the players can't make wide open shots, it is the coach's responsibility to design plays where his team can get a layup every possession? Why don't you help Bibb out with that. Clay County was actually playing defense. And it's obvious you weren't at the Pickett County game when Livingston beat your Bobcats by 20+ on your home court. The Wildcats, my friend, are the most athletic team Pickett has played. If you don't believe me, then just wait till you all get another dose next month.

Wide open three's and that was all that was wide open, they never had a wide open 12 ft jump shot.....I'm not gonna argue with some idiot from la over this. Stick to what you know.....Girl's basketball! Bibb is a great coach, and I've never questioned that, he's been one of my favorite coach's since the day he got here.....I just think he needs to make an adjustment here and an adjustment there, got TC the ball when the 3's weren't falling. As for La being the most athletic......ah I'll pass on that, I was still wrong because White Co. is probably the most athletic team we've played this year. Dunn is probably the best athlete we've played, but as far as the rest of the team i don't see it. The rest of the team is good, don't get me wrong, but they aren't what I classify as athletic. And lets remember you beat us by 20+ on our homecourt without TC, different ball game with him in there buddy.....and I was there for the first game, I witnessed the free throw shooting contest and you beating us without two starters......give yourself a pat on the back for that one.

Hopefully them 3's will be off next Tuesday when Pickett comes to Van Buren. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> We know that Bibb is a very knowledgible coach as well, as he coached here a year before moving on to Pickett. Hey 7asuperfan, you gonna be able to make the game? Hope to see you and the Bobcat nation make the trip down Hwy 111. Should be a big crowd, just hope we can hang with you guys.

Wide open three's and that was all that was wide open, they never had a wide open 12 ft jump shot.....I'm not gonna argue with some idiot from la over this. Stick to what you know.....Girl's basketball! Bibb is a great coach, and I've never questioned that, he's been one of my favorite coach's since the day he got here.....I just think he needs to make an adjustment here and an adjustment there, got TC the ball when the 3's weren't falling. As for La being the most athletic......ah I'll pass on that, I was still wrong because White Co. is probably the most athletic team we've played this year. Dunn is probably the best athlete we've played, but as far as the rest of the team i don't see it. The rest of the team is good, don't get me wrong, but they aren't what I classify as athletic. And lets remember you beat us by 20+ on our homecourt without TC, different ball game with him in there buddy.....and I was there for the first game, I witnessed the free throw shooting contest and you beating us without two starters......give yourself a pat on the back for that one.

But you did question Bibb being a great coach and that is why I got involved in this thread. You can't deny that. You said that he was to blame for the loss because he was unable to adjust to the other coach. I'd like to see you say that to his face. And Pickett County did miss some wide open 12 footers. They also missed free throws. I haven't seen White County play this year but I did last season. They are an athletic team but that is getting us off topic. Being a neutral fan at the game, I realized that Clay County's players are as good as Pickett's. And then the game is on Clay's homecourt so it was no surprise that they won the game. Well I'm sure my Wildcats are sad because they aren't what you would "classify" as athletic. I would like to see your definition of athletic. And about the LA-Pickett game earlier this season. Ramsey, West, and Todd Smith were in foul trouble the entire game. Livingston is 20 points better than Pickett this season. If you don't believe me, just wait until you come to Hogeye. It will be ugly for you and your Bobcats when they are thumped by an "unathletic" team.

So when the players can't make wide open shots, it is the coach's responsibility to design plays where his team can get a layup every possession? Why don't you help Bibb out with that. Clay County was actually playing defense. And it's obvious you weren't at the Pickett County game when Livingston beat your Bobcats by 20+ on your home court. The Wildcats, my friend, are the most athletic team Pickett has played. If you don't believe me, then just wait till you all get another dose next month.

Bibb is an excellent coach, he just needs to get his team put back together. Everyone wondered about this team before Christmas tournaments last year, and that when they really started to turn things around. Maybe these early lickin's will help them in the long run. Clay Co. had a stellar defense on the other night, they deserve a lot of credit. Wasn't Case one of the officials in that La @ PC game? I could have not even went to that game and told you PC wasn't going to walk out of the gym with a win, especially with no TC and John Sells out. I agree with 7afan, White Co. is the most athletic team they've played. Dunn is the most athletic player we've played against, but I'll take Jacob over him any night.....even on the bad ones. That may be a little bias by me.

Bibb is an excellent coach, he just needs to get his team put back together. Everyone wondered about this team before Christmas tournaments last year, and that when they really started to turn things around. Maybe these early lickin's will help them in the long run. Clay Co. had a stellar defense on the other night, they deserve a lot of credit. Wasn't Case one of the officials in that La @ PC game? I could have not even went to that game and told you PC wasn't going to walk out of the gym with a win, especially with no TC and John Sells out. I agree with 7afan, White Co. is the most athletic team they've played. Dunn is the most athletic player we've played against, but I'll take Jacob over him any night.....even on the bad ones. That may be a little bias by me.

So you knew that Pickett County was going to lose as soon as you saw that Case was an official? That is one of the most ignorant comments I have ever read. Case is one of the better officials in the area and he is not out to hurt Pickett County. In fact, I would guess that more fouls were called on LA in the game than on Pickett. And Capps playing would not have affected the outcome of the game. He's a good player, but he doesn't impact games that way you make him out to. Again, I can't argue about how athletic White County is because I haven't seen them. I'll take your word for it. But we beat you a lot worse than White County did. Don't forget that. Wright is a very good player, but he is not in Dunn's league. Dunn gets his points against much better competition. He is able to create his own shot better than Wright and is also a better passer. Dunn does a better job of getting his teammates involved. You swap Dunn and Wright and Pickett wins the game against Clay County.

But you did question Bibb being a great coach and that is why I got involved in this thread. You can't deny that. You said that he was to blame for the loss because he was unable to adjust to the other coach. I'd like to see you say that to his face. And Pickett County did miss some wide open 12 footers. They also missed free throws. I haven't seen White County play this year but I did last season. They are an athletic team but that is getting us off topic. Being a neutral fan at the game, I realized that Clay County's players are as good as Pickett's. And then the game is on Clay's homecourt so it was no surprise that they won the game. Well I'm sure my Wildcats are sad because they aren't what you would "classify" as athletic. I would like to see your definition of athletic. And about the LA-Pickett game earlier this season. Ramsey, West, and Todd Smith were in foul trouble the entire game. Livingston is 20 points better than Pickett this season. If you don't believe me, just wait until you come to Hogeye. It will be ugly for you and your Bobcats when they are thumped by an "unathletic" team.

Your trying to make me sound like I hate Bibb's guts or something, which is untrue, I like Coach Bibb. I think Greg is a Magnificent Coach, and he is also someone I consider a friend. I did blame part of the loss on him, but I also blamed it on the team is well.....it can't be one's fault and not the others, even Bibb would tell you that. I told someone last night that if I had to put the reasons we lost into percentages I would say it was 40% Jacob Wright being colder than liquid nitrogen, 10% bad adjustments by Bibb, and 50% Clay Co's great defense. Well I'm glad you beating a school with less than 200 kids in it is a major accomplishment for a school who next time classification comes around will be considered AAA. I mean you only have 800 more kids or so to choose from. We get all of the kids who play for us from one school jr. high school....You gets yours from what, 5 or 6 jr. highs? I guess I could beat any school in single A if I had more than 4 times as many students as they did.

VB Booster- Yeah I'll be at the game, wouldn't miss it for the world, this should be an excellent game. How is VB looking this year, I think I read somewhere before season they are picked to win their district, is that right?