William Blount

ETNbballfan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crap.

The score was 72-40. Heritage is a very good team and is loaded with seniors. Our girls are getting better with every game even though the final scores may not show it. I can see some confidence growing in the younger players and they play a lot of minutes. Watch out next season!

its not the record at the end of the year that makes a great team...its the character and love for one another at the end of the year. the lady govs have gonna through many many hard trials but their still a team. they practiced at 7 in the morning this morning then again after school after a heart breaking lost last night. they have a losing record but they're still standing strong as a team. we love each other. i'd take that over being 16-0.

• 2 weeks later...

its not the record at the end of the year that makes a great team...its the character and love for one another at the end of the year. the lady govs have gonna through many many hard trials but their still a team. they practiced at 7 in the morning this morning then again after school after a heart breaking lost last night. they have a losing record but they're still standing strong as a team. we love each other. i'd take that over being 16-0.

I am for team unity and togetherness. However, what happened at Lenoir City? LC did everything they could to lose that game. It just didnt seem like the WB girls were put in good situations to succeed. The offense against the LC zone had no motion and Leah Kelly had girls standing right on top of her, the press was totally ineffective and the free throws were shocking. The girls seem to play hard..but that will only get you so far without girls being put in good positions to succeed

I was disappointed in the girls last Friday against Heritage. They seemed to be taking out their frustrations from a long season. They were more concerned about playing physical than trying to win the game. One Heritage girl was taken to the hospital after an intentional flagrant foul. I think Heritage pulled their starters before halftime and didn't play them in the 2nd half to keep more from getting injured.

Hopefully, the future will be brighter, because things are pretty bleak right now.