MBA 215

HSDAD

mba has had some pretty good football/wrestlers the past few years. they may not have been state champs, but they were state medlaists and helped the team and the practce room atmosphere. the team from two years ago had andy snyder, michael swett and allen riley (all contributors on the fball team as well). if i recall, riley and swett both play college fball (one at university of the south and the other at hampton university). snyder was a mr. football finalist his senior year. something is going on over at mba and i'm afraid these kids are being told not to wrestle anymore. i wont name any names, but i'm afraid the new fball staff has had something to do with it and are not making any friends with big red wrestling alumni...

I am afraid you don't know what you are talking about.

Several new football players are wrestling this year. The ones that are not weren't going to wrestle anyway. Believe me...they get nothing but full support from the other sports coaches, especially football. The team will come into place.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all i am saying is that you don't see as many fball players at mba playing multiple sports like when rutledge and bowers were there. i know for a fact that simpson and jay jenkins push for their wrestlers to compete on the football field as well as other sports. most of these football coaches have no experience on the wrestling mat. trust me redmatfan, i am a big red fan and i know exactly what i am talking about. i have watched too many kids at mba walk away from sports to concentrate on football and it makes me sick to see that out of a kid in high school.

all i am saying is that you don't see as many fball players at mba playing multiple sports like when rutledge and bowers were there. i know for a fact that simpson and jay jenkins push for their wrestlers to compete on the football field as well as other sports. most of these football coaches have no experience on the wrestling mat. trust me redmatfan, i am a big red fan and i know exactly what i am talking about. i have watched too many kids at mba walk away from sports to concentrate on football and it makes me sick to see that out of a kid in high school.

We are in agreement. Playing one sport at the HS level is not ideal. But it is not just football where kids are focusing. Many just play baseball, many just play basketball, and many just wrestle (i.e. the Simpson children). With that said, I can assure you the coaches at our school are not telling the students to just play one sport.