Greenbrier @ Springfield, 12/15

5-Sport Dad

I heard first cousins also. Everyone I spoke to that went to the game, said it was more than obvious. What a shame. Evidently this Referee has been used between these teams in the past. TSSAA needs to come down hard if this turns out to be true. They could start with a forfiet, and then they should move for suspension of both cousins! The sixth man really came through for Springfield in the second half.

Also, it seems that Spingfield Middle school has been crying to the TSSAA because the Greenbrier coach has been taking his seventh graders to Westmoreland to play on Saturdays (all of which was approved by the TSSAA). I am sure their complaints have nothing to do with Greenbrier Middle having it's best season ever, being number one in the county, and beating Springfield in the first competition by 30 points, and winning some 40+ games and scrimmages without a loss.

Looking forward to seeing these guys match up again. Hope the refs are neutral this time around.

• 4 weeks later...

Your not going to believe this one. The same referee that raped the high school of their win against SHS showed up at the County Tourny Championship against Greenbrier Middle School and Springfield Middle School. This guy is the cousin of the high school BB coach. Anyway - it was unbelievable, blatant, obvious, and down right wrong the way this guy called this game tonight. We got the win, but we had to battle through some of the most biased, one-sided, called game I have ever seen. There were comments made from the parents of other teams about this referee. Unbelievable was the work I heard over and over. The administration and coaches for Springfield should be ashamed of the sham they attempted to pull today. Congratulations to the GMS boys for overcoming one heck of an obstacle. County Champs!! 17-0 !!

The school doesnt assign refs to game. It aint like they call this guy up, "Hey we are playing Greenbrier will you come be bias for us", TSAA assign the refs to game accroding to where they live, maybe they should pay more attention to family relation but it isnt Springfield fault. Yea, maybe the ref needs to be evaluated about his calls but dont say Springfield should be ashamed, that guy personally should be ashamed.

The school doesnt assign refs to game. It aint like they call this guy up, "Hey we are playing Greenbrier will you come be bias for us", TSAA assign the refs to game accroding to where they live, maybe they should pay more attention to family relation but it isnt Springfield fault. Yea, maybe the ref needs to be evaluated about his calls but dont say Springfield should be ashamed, that guy personally should be ashamed.

The adminstration and coaches knew he was the cousin of the schools coach. The adminstration and coaches knew that this guy is biased and calls in favor of Springfield. The administration and coaches knew there was a major incident involving Greenbrier less than 4 weeks ago involving this referee. Our coach was ejected for standing up to the referee, and the atmosphere in the Gym became quite volatile. I did not write that Springfield should be ashamed. I said "the coaches and administration" shoud be ashamed, and I stand by it.

I am pretty familiar with scheduling in other sports. The TSSAA does not assign the refs. As a coach you actually pay a scheduler (like $50) to assign umpires and refs to your schedule. I hope that the TSSAA looks very closely at the games this guy is being scheduled to referee.

I wonder if the scheduler is a nephew or brother of the coach.

The adminstration and coaches knew he was the cousin of the schools coach. The adminstration and coaches knew that this guy is biased and calls in favor of Springfield. The administration and coaches knew there was a major incident involving Greenbrier less than 4 weeks ago involving this referee. Our coach was ejected for standing up to the referee, and the atmosphere in the Gym became quite volatile. I did not write that Springfield should be ashamed. I said "the coaches and administration" shoud be ashamed, and I stand by it.

I am pretty familiar with scheduling in other sports. The TSSAA does not assign the refs. As a coach you actually pay a scheduler (like $50) to assign umpires and refs to your schedule. I hope that the TSSAA looks very closely at the games this guy is being scheduled to referee.

I wonder if the scheduler is a nephew or brother of the coach.

Well I stand corrected, I thought TSSAA had control over assigning and I havent been at any games with this ref, once I see him and see his bias calls, I give my judgement on whether he shouldnt be allowed to ref in Springfield games, I love in Springfield, so ill try to go see a game

Well I stand corrected, I thought TSSAA had control over assigning and I havent been at any games with this ref, once I see him and see his bias calls, I give my judgement on whether he shouldnt be allowed to ref in Springfield games, I love in Springfield, so ill try to go see a game

Are you involved somehow? If not, we don't need your validation of it! His 'boss' knows, but chooses not to do anything about it. It's an injustice to the coaches and players...on both sides.

This situation is a black-eye on this rivalry and shouldn't be allowed to exist. By allowing it to continue, the T$$AA is promoting it. The fact that he's kin has nothing to do with it (some cousins hate each other). It's that he's in-com-pe-tent...to call any game, if he will blatantly continue to stoop this low.

TSSAA called me and gave the old "texas two step". They kept using the words "common sense". If the referee lives in Springfield, graduated from Springfield, and has relatives coaching and in the administration, then common sense tells you he should not be calling any Springfield games. How do we change it? They said the referee should remove himself, if not, then the Springfield administration should remove him, if not, then the Scheduler should remove him, if not, then the Greenbrier administration has to get with the Scheduler to ensure this guy does not referee. Looks like the basketball coaches and their admins in the area are going to have to finally take a moment to call up the Scheduler and fix this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you involved somehow? If not, we don't need your validation of it! His 'boss' knows, but chooses not to do anything about it. It's an injustice to the coaches and players...on both sides.

This situation is a black-eye on this rivalry and shouldn't be allowed to exist. By allowing it to continue, the T$$AA is promoting it. The fact that he's kin has nothing to do with it (some cousins hate each other). It's that he's in-com-pe-tent...to call any game, if he will blatantly continue to stoop this low.

I was just saying because before I say anything about his reffing skills I would want to see it with my own two eyes not reading it here on coacht. I have no involvement in assigning games nor do I even though this ref.