Clarksville Academy

MidTNbasketball

I would say this is the most well rounded team CA has had in many years.... I don't think that they will win the district, maybe a 1-20 shot at that, but they can contend in the district this year, probably could beat every team, if they were to play extremely well.... Probably at the end of the year, a middle of the distict team..... Their next step needs to be to finish the season strong, and learn to work together better..... then the BIG step for CA is to make it to regionals this year.... a task they have not completed in a while.... those are some great goals for a team that has been down for a while... Once you compelete those, maybe you can luck up and win a few more... but mainly for CA take 1 district game at a time.... being in 4 place and getting to play a 5 place team is a lot better post season start than playing the best 1-2 teams in the district.... finish 5th or better and you could, luck up and beat a team in the region tourney...I would say this is the most well rounded team CA has had in many years.... I don't think that they will win the district, maybe a 1-20 shot at that, but they can contend in the district this year, probably could beat every team, if they were to play extremely well.... Probably at the end of the year, a middle of the distict team..... Their next step needs to be to finish the season strong, and learn to work together better..... then the BIG step for CA is to make it to regionals this year.... a task they have not completed in a while.... those are some great goals for a team that has been down for a while... Once you compelete those, maybe you can luck up and win a few more... but mainly for CA take 1 district game at a time.... being in 4 place and getting to play a 5 place team is a lot better post season start than playing the best 1-2 teams in the district.... finish 5th or better and you could, luck up and beat a team in the region tourney...

• 1 month later...

Were you at the game? Yes the refs were inconsistant but towards the end and in OT they let them play and decide it on the court. What really hurt Jo Byrns was their depth. And any reason why Orlando Taylor wasnt there?

He had the flu. At the end when the ball was rolling everywhere and everyone was going after it, I dont see how they called a foul but nothing I say now can change it. Yes depth did hurt because Spann and Slack fouled out, then the 6th man Herndon fouled out and with Taylor out with the flu, thats 4 of the top 6 out, so yes depth did hurt them. Reeves had 33 and I didnt hear how many boards he had but I know he had to of had a double double, he played his tail off and same for Yates he came to life in the 4th and OT and scored 16 for the game.