Collinwood vs. Forrest

jollygreengiant

You are speaking a WEALTH of wisdom ptguard. It took me a long time to realize that the players typically play and carry on without much rivalry to them. It's the 'ignornace' of the adults involved that jade the kids, i'm 100% convinced of that. I am never surprised when I get to witness another outburst from a parent because their son or daughter is not getting the ball passed to them or because the Coach won't do something that THEY think should be done or because a referee is "calling against" one team or the other. You know something else I have learned, their words do not do one bit of good! 90% of the time the intended target doesn't even hear the message. I know i'm preaching to the quoir here and that i'm only sounding off to make myself feel better but I have sat through many games that were almost ruined by the foolishness and selfishness of 'well-meaning' parents. If some of them REALLY meant well they would stay at home. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

It's sad to hear about an incident like this but it does happen. I'm sure the girl meant no 'unsportsmanlike' conduct but what a beautiful moment it would have been for the Richland folks to have taught their daughters a lesson of GOOD sportsmanship that they would never forget. I'm sure they will LONG remember what acutally happened.

Keep up the good work on here PG.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone over Collinwood way give a scouting report on the Lady Trojans. I know about MTSU singee Miss Andrews

and I understand they have an outstanding point guard. What else about Collinwood and some of the main players to look for as we over here in West TN are set to see them against Obion Central this Saturday evening /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well i'm certainly not qualified to give you a scouting report but I can tell you that they should be a good game for you. They do have Andrews and Daniel who are probably averaging 30+ between the two. They have another tough guard, Ward, they have some strong forward and post play as well. They also can pull some girls off of the bench that can hold their own. They are a fairly well disciplined team, handle the ball well, pressure the ball well and they really don't like to lose! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Good luck to you!

Guard Andrews and Daniel with double and triple teams and make the others beat you. Andrews and Daniel force a lot of shots when double and triple teamed not passing to teammates or each other when open. The rest can score if given the ball. ( Ask Perry County.) Also be able to handle their pressure fullcourt. They have not played well the last two games going 0 and 2. They might need to look in the rear view mirror for the Lady Cats of Wayne County who have been on a roll since losing to Collinwood a few weeks back. WC has looked the better of the two teams lately.

It took me a long time to realize that the players typically play and carry on without much rivalry to them. It's the 'ignornace' of the adults involved that jade the kids, i'm 100% convinced of that.

Yes and i see this a lot with our fans arch rivals cascade our fans (our bein forrest) cant stand cascade but i dont think the players dont have a problem with cascade and i kno that whenever theres a big game agaisnt them and im there i always tend to shoot off my mouth so i guess we all just need to hang back and watch and let the players do thier thing.