Lebanon at Mt. Juliet

BadHat

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see the game but have seen both teams play and would like the comment also. Will think it goes like this. MJ is very quick and pressed Lebanon. Lebanon had difficultygetting the ball down court and had to bring posts out. Then found they had to sub one of the posts. LHS then had no advantage and it just got worse as the game went on. It didn't help that MJ lost their last game. MJ is very good and at times LHS can be very good also.

Coach Fryer had a statement game to prove to these girls that the Hillsboro game was a game that if they play like they did against Lebanon...no one can beat them here again.

Hillsboro was bigger, but the Lady Bears was faster. The Lady Bears missed way to many layups off fast breaks and missed chances. Sometimes a loss like this is what it takes to get the mojo back.

Let's watch them roll now...GO LADY BEARS.

Didn't see the game but have seen both teams play and would like the comment also. Will think it goes like this. MJ is very quick and pressed Lebanon. Lebanon had difficultygetting the ball down court and had to bring posts out. Then found they had to sub one of the posts. LHS then had no advantage and it just got worse as the game went on. It didn't help that MJ lost their last game. MJ is very good and at times LHS can be very good also.

Sounds like a valid theory, but from looking at the box score it looks like it was bad from the beginning: 21-6 1st quarter and 20-0 2nd quarter. I have seen LHS this year twice, but haven't seen the Lady Bears yet. Lebanon had some trouble against 1/2 court pressure against Oakland, but I thought this area had improved enough to keep them from getting completely dominated by MJ. Lebanon better get ready to see a steady dose of full court pressure in upcoming games after this kind of performance, however I doubt if most teams are capable of applying the same kind of pressure that the Lady Bears do. I see Lebanon's biggest weakness being their lack of depth.

Coach Fryer had a statement game to prove to these girls that the Hillsboro game was a game that if they play like they did against Lebanon...no one can beat them here again.

Hillsboro was bigger, but the Lady Bears was faster. The Lady Bears missed way to many layups off fast breaks and missed chances. Sometimes a loss like this is what it takes to get the mojo back.

Let's watch them roll now...GO LADY BEARS.

I was at the Hillsboro/MJ game........ I don't know what game you were watching, MJ did not have a lot of fast break opportunities, they pretty much died by missing a lot of 3 point shots. If you live by the 3 you die by the 3.

I was at the Hillsboro/MJ game........ I don't know what game you were watching, MJ did not have a lot of fast break opportunities, they pretty much died by missing a lot of 3 point shots. If you live by the 3 you die by the 3.

The problem with the Hillsboro game was we thought we could wear them down like we do everyone else. At times Hillsboro seemed to get a little fatigued but they never really wore down. I think that not only did the players grow as a team, but also Fryer grew as a coach.

The problem with the Hillsboro game was we thought we could wear them down like we do everyone else. At times Hillsboro seemed to get a little fatigued but they never really wore down. I think that not only did the players grow as a team, but also Fryer grew as a coach.

I missed the Hillsboro game, from some of the posts you would have thought they lost!

I did see MJ vs. Lebanon - actually got to the game at 21-6, then realized that the Bears had a 20-0 quarter! Nice to be at the start of next streak...

Getting Taylor Hall back after Christmas will only improve this team (shame she missed the Smyrna and H'boro games) with her dynamic 3-point shooting and defense. No fears though...anybody upset about their "coverage" will only need to get to M'boro in the spring - they will find the Lady Bears there waiting.

Go Bears! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What radio station does the Mt.Juliet games on the radio??....Does anyone know if they will be covering the Mt.Juliet boys in The Battle of the State tournament @ Lipscomb University??

If so,please post a link to the radio station....Thanks...

I would post this on the boys thread but there never is much about the boys team on CoachT....

Sounds like a valid theory, but from looking at the box score it looks like it was bad from the beginning: 21-6 1st quarter and 20-0 2nd quarter. I have seen LHS this year twice, but haven't seen the Lady Bears yet. Lebanon had some trouble against 1/2 court pressure against Oakland, but I thought this area had improved enough to keep them from getting completely dominated by MJ. Lebanon better get ready to see a steady dose of full court pressure in upcoming games after this kind of performance, however I doubt if most teams are capable of applying the same kind of pressure that the Lady Bears do. I see Lebanon's biggest weakness being their lack of depth.

I will go with my initial post as to what happened. This posters conception was that this was the year the twin towers would decide they wanted to go back to region. Depth could be the reason but I thought the coach had worked on this in the summer. LHS is still a good team.