Big new year tournament at waynesboro

vol4u

Four very good teams that have produced very good players in the past with very good players for the future get together thursday and saturday. Coffman from Lawrenceburg comes in with a very balanced team very good gaurd and post players. I know Collinwood has a good post player so it should be a good match up the first game as Collinwood takes on Coffman. Waynesboro and Cornersville always have good teams don't know much about them but it should be a very good game. If anyone knowes anything about these teamsit would be good to know. It should be a very good tourney.

Four very good teams that have produced very good players in the past with very good players for the future get together thursday and saturday. Coffman from Lawrenceburg comes in with a very balanced team very good gaurd and post players. I know Collinwood has a good post player so it should be a good match up the first game as Collinwood takes on Coffman. Waynesboro and Cornersville always have good teams don't know much about them but it should be a very good game. If anyone knowes anything about these teamsit would be good to know. It should be a very good tourney.

Coffman should dominate everyone involved. They are always strong year in and year out and this season is no exception. They have one of the best eighth grade point guards in Middle Tennessee in Williams and one of the best middle school posts in all of Tennessee in Clayton, who have been playing ball together since they were eight years old in AAU. They have another versatile wing/forward who is pretty good as well and has been playing with those two in AAU all these years. They have a very good coach, who I heard was in his last year coaching which, if it is true, is unfortunate because of everything that he has accomplished at Coffman and done for basketball in Lawrence County. I would be surprised if any of the other three teams stay within twenty points of them. I would anticipate that Collinwood's guards will have a hard time against Coffman's press because they are so experienced, athletic, and quick. I have heard about Collinwood's post, but it will be hard for her to take over the game if the guards cannot get her the ball. I haven't seen either team since camp this summer, but have heard some things about them here and there.

Waynesboro has good guard play behind their point guard and shooting guard. Both can drain the three and are the go-to players, unless something has changed over the course of the season. Their post play wasn't very good earlier in the season and their coach isn't exactly a genius. Cornersville also has some decent guards. They are not as strong this year as they were last season, but they are still a pretty good team. They have a better coach then Waynesboro, so she could make up some of the difference. It should be a decent game between them and Waynesboro.

Anyone know the schedule for this tournament?

• 1 month later...

Here is the schedule:

Friday January 3rd

3:00pm- Collinwood vs. E.O. Coffman

5:30pm- Cornersville vs. Wayne County

Saturday January 5th

3:00pm- Consolation Game

5:30pm- Championship Game

I know our post play wasn't that good in the begining but they r the ones who got us to the James C. Haile Champioship game!!!

Coffman should dominate everyone involved. They are always strong year in and year out and this season is no exception. They have one of the best eighth grade point guards in Middle Tennessee in Williams and one of the best middle school posts in all of Tennessee in Clayton, who have been playing ball together since they were eight years old in AAU. They have another versatile wing/forward who is pretty good as well and has been playing with those two in AAU all these years. They have a very good coach, who I heard was in his last year coaching which, if it is true, is unfortunate because of everything that he has accomplished at Coffman and done for basketball in Lawrence County. I would be surprised if any of the other three teams stay within twenty points of them. I would anticipate that Collinwood's guards will have a hard time against Coffman's press because they are so experienced, athletic, and quick. I have heard about Collinwood's post, but it will be hard for her to take over the game if the guards cannot get her the ball. I haven't seen either team since camp this summer, but have heard some things about them here and there.

Waynesboro has good guard play behind their point guard and shooting guard. Both can drain the three and are the go-to players, unless something has changed over the course of the season. Their post play wasn't very good earlier in the season and their coach isn't exactly a genius. Cornersville also has some decent guards. They are not as strong this year as they were last season, but they are still a pretty good team. They have a better coach then Waynesboro, so she could make up some of the difference. It should be a decent game between them and Waynesboro.

Anyone know the schedule for this tournament?

well i`m 1 of the of the post there im the lead scorer and i just wanna say that our guards r good but they struggle gettin the ball to us so we can't show off our moves. but thats ok u need to play ME before u post comments like that.