Father Ryan Tournament

Bobcat

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha...I must say...I agree with Bear Cat...I've seen Konz wrestle nationally on videos and seen him multiple times at tournaments....Of course, I'm not taking anything away from Cash...because I know he is beastly but I have to say I favor Konz in this one....if not just by a few points..

not trrin to stir tha pot or anything im just wonderin because i wasnt there last yr. can someone fill me in on wat cash did in tha semis last yr.

I THINK HE ANKLE PICKED THE REF AND PINNED HIM!

Cash and Kontz did their part and will meet in the finals. Both look good.

To answer Vegas1962's question about who will last 2 rounds with Herman . . . uh, the kid from Franklin (pinned Herman in the Semi's). He also beat the Hvy from CBHS and will be in the finals (against Kenwood?).

A lot of good wrestling going on today!

not trrin to stir tha pot or anything im just wonderin because i wasnt there last yr. can someone fill me in on wat cash did in tha semis last yr.

From what I can remember(I was watching my son on another mat after the first period) last year he was being challanged by E TN Wrestler and it was a close first period and Cash wasn't to happy about it. He was taking his time getting back to the circle and just seamed to be show boating saying how dare you test me. Then when he took the lead he started pointing to the score board saying look at the score. It was the first time I saw a crowd turn on a wrestler.

This year nothing way out of line. He is still fun to watch and has a nice double leg blast that I have never seen him use before.

From what I can remember(I was watching my son on another mat after the first period) last year he was being challanged by E TN Wrestler and it was a close first period and Cash wasn't to happy about it. He was taking his time getting back to the circle and just seamed to be show boating saying how dare you test me. Then when he took the lead he started pointing to the score board saying look at the score. It was the first time I saw a crowd turn on a wrestler.

This year nothing way out of line. He is still fun to watch and has a nice double leg blast that I have never seen him use before.

I know what you are talking about last year and it is nothing like his personality. He is very soft spoken and modest. I think he is trying harder to wrestle in a way this is more consistent with his personality this year.

Buck, I thought since you were in the Father Ryan Hall of Fame that you would have at least posted the finals results. Let me make a quick call to Coach Simpson.........................................................................

103- OVERMYER (BW) FALL 4:55 MAURIZI (FR)

112-HOOKER (MCC) MD25-6 SLUDER (GB)

119-MILLER (GB) FALL 1:06 RAY (MCC)

125- FRANCIS (MBA) D 6-3 TOWNSEND (HD)

130-ORTIZ (FRK) D 9-2 BARRY (SAS)

135-DUNCAN (MCC) D 7-3 AUSTELL (FR)

140-MARCHETTI (FR) D 1-0 BELLET (MBA)

145-KONZ (FRK) D 2-1 CASH (BA)

152-WHITEHEAD (BW) FALL 5:58 DAVIS (FRK)

160-HEACOCK (FRK) MD 10-2 WESLEY (FR)

171-MUSTIN (BW) MD 15-6 SHURINA (KC)

189- CROY (BW) D 6-4 MIX (FR)

215-MCKISSACK (BA) D 7-6 CLANTON (FR)

285-MYCYK (KW) D 4-3 CATHEY (FRK)

CATHEY UPSET #1 SEED HERMAN (FR) IN QUARTERS WITH A PIN

Go Irish

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I know what you are talking about last year and it is nothing like his personality. He is very soft spoken and modest. I think he is trying harder to wrestle in a way this is more consistent with his personality this year.

I have seen Justin Cash wrestle many time in the past and a couple times this year. From my experience he has always handled himself poorly.

During the finals of the Independence tournament this year he wrestled Brennen Cox (freshman from Indy) the entire match he was completely unsportsmanlike. While being up 11-4 in the 3rd but rather frustrated at Cox??™s ability to fend off many of his great shots Cash gave Cox a point when he punched him in the throat. Making the final score 11-5

To me if you are one of the elites in this state you should have the class to handle your business and not throw people out of bounds and punch them. Neither Cox nor his coaches made a big deal about the incident, though the crowd did, but it still should be made known that from what I have seen of him he is no more respectful this year than any other year. .

I have seen Justin Cash wrestle many time in the past and a couple times this year. From my experience he has always handled himself poorly.

During the finals of the Independence tournament this year he wrestled Brennen Cox (freshman from Indy) the entire match he was completely unsportsmanlike. While being up 11-4 in the 3rd but rather frustrated at Cox??™s ability to fend off many of his great shots Cash gave Cox a point when he punched him in the throat. Making the final score 11-5

To me if you are one of the elites in this state you should have the class to handle your business and not throw people out of bounds and punch them. Neither Cox nor his coaches made a big deal about the incident, though the crowd did, but it still should be made known that from what I have seen of him he is no more respectful this year than any other year. .

Yeah, I noticed the throwing of the opposition out of bounds. I don't know if he does that to intimidate his comp or what. It looks bush league to me.

In defense of Cash, the Cox kid seemed the one frustrated and was the one slapping the back of Cash's neck twice loud enough for all the people in the stands to hear it and no points were deducted and Cash nor his coaches made a peep about it.

So dont give your 2 cents worth (with your 2 big posts) when you know what started it.

In defense of Cash, the Cox kid seemed the one frustrated and was the one slapping the back of Cash's neck twice loud enough for all the people in the stands to hear it and no points were deducted and Cash nor his coaches made a peep about it.

So dont give your 2 cents worth (with your 2 big posts) when you know what started it.

That is EXACTLY what happened. Cox started the slapping and Cash responded in kind.