Who is Going to Bring it this year in D-I

BankofDad

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Another Public school, Franklin, joins D-I this year. Will they make an impact in their first year?

Pre-season favorite has to be USM - young team last year with no quit in them

# 2 MBA; #3 CBHS (the Bros are overdue) and #4 McCallie (will try to rebound from a dissappointing season last year).

#5,#6 & #7 are Franklin, Houston & Ravenwood but could be in any order and could upset one of the favorites

Webb, USN, Farragut took a step back last year and I think 2008 will remain a rebuilding year.

Should be a great year as D-I continues to build depth in the league.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Another Public school, Franklin, joins D-I this year. Will they make an impact in their first year?

Pre-season favorite has to be USM - young team last year with no quit in them

# 2 MBA; #3 CBHS (the Bros are overdue) and #4 McCallie (will try to rebound from a dissappointing season last year).

#5,#6 & #7 are Franklin, Houston & Ravenwood but could be in any order and could upset one of the favorites

Webb, USN, Farragut took a step back last year and I think 2008 will remain a rebuilding year.

Should be a great year as D-I continues to build depth in the league.

I think Franklin has a good chance at making playoffs. From that point on they will have step their game up to advance.

As far as I am concerned Franklin should have moved up last year to D1. They may do alright. In case anyone forgot Ravenwood won State last year. I would love to see them repeat but I think the seniors last year were really very talented and it will be really hard to duplicate those seniors athletic ability and knowledge of the game. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I am concerned Franklin should have moved up last year to D1. They may do alright. In case anyone forgot Ravenwood won State last year. I would love to see them repeat but I think the seniors last year were really very talented and it will be really hard to duplicate those seniors athletic ability and knowledge of the game. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I think that franklin has no chance, in d1 at least. They are a decent team, but they lost to many seniors to compete. West Knox almost rallied back to beat them, but since it was short fall ball quarters, we only lost by 2.

I think that franklin has no chance, in d1 at least. They are a decent team, but they lost to many seniors to compete. West Knox almost rallied back to beat them, but since it was short fall ball quarters, we only lost by 2.

To say they have no chance is a bit much. They will definitely compete on the D1 level, it's just a matter of how well they are going to do. I don't think they can match up again MUS, MBA, or CBHS but they cant definitely hold their own against the rest of the competition. Time will tell. Just because you all West Knox lost to Franklin by 2, doesnt make West Knox a powerhouse nor does it mean Franklin can't make it in D1.

To say they have no chance is a bit much. They will definitely compete on the D1 level, it's just a matter of how well they are going to do. I don't think they can match up again MUS, MBA, or CBHS but they cant definitely hold their own against the rest of the competition. Time will tell. Just because you all West Knox lost to Franklin by 2, doesnt make West Knox a powerhouse nor does it mean Franklin can't make it in D1.

Franklin will only get better playing D-1. May lose a game or two more but the only way to really know how good you can be is to play the best competition you can.

in no way was i "incinuating" (probably spelled that wrong) that west knox is a power house..we have plenty of work to do before the season. I'm just saying that it will be an interesting transition for franklin to D1. I have a few friends that play there so all the best to them.

We did lose many seniors, but we had powerful sophmores and juniors last year. Also, in fall ball we were playing without half of our players. And the reason West Knox started to "come back" is because the whole second half we played our jv. but good call.