Upperman/York

Fan16

They lost 5 seniors talented seniors. Baxter should have won the state last year. They had the team to do it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Anyway, this team don't play as a team. They depend on one or two folks instead of the team. Plays that revolve around one player. The first time that I watched Baxter I got so tired of watching one person making all the plays. Screens were set and this player would drive in.

The second time, same player but different plays designed for her.Maybe a coaching change in baxter is needed???

All I know is LA has a TEAM. They play defense as a team as well as offensive. They rebound as a team. Put 100% team effort. I saw no selfish play from no one. They played JC hard both times. Baxter will lose to LA by 10+. Leslie is a good coach. She will know whom to put the D on. This is the game to watch next week!!!!

wooooooow Devilish! Now you know we friends but ooch! singling shay out... This is mho Dana has a young team and some may be a little skiddish or haven't got the experience of how to run a play.. and run it correctly but they have talent. Maybe shay thinks she is the leader and she is trying to get the team and teach them and when she gets a shot you have to take it and lately she just not on her game. She is a good ball player i know if she has her game JC has a hard time with her. Bee's need to up thier defense a lil you know i watched them play against JC twice now and I didn't see shay thinking she was it she is a good ball player I mean all teams have a go to girl we have bowman in one set of runs then dyer in another run and look LL in the next run. Misti comes down the floor and if its there BAM! She shoots well if you leave her open three times down the floor and she shoots three times Makes one out of them three's do you pull misti or thinks she is a ball hog.. IMO No!! Just the play of the game.. Even the bench has go to girls look at Holli setting Vic up and bean and the rest of the girls.Take a look at Baxter Friday and see them try to run the plays to get different girls open just sometimes the play is not there and that go to girl doesn't take a shot Shay thinks like me can't make points untill you shoot! Hammock girl is coming on too!! She can play ball. Dana is doing a pretty good job with such a young team they will do nothing but improve you can bet on that..Good luck to them against us JC friday night.. Devilish no hard feeling thats what friends do agree to disagree just a diffrence of opionion... stang /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I have only been reading coach t for 2 days now and it looks like to me there are alot of jealousy out there. I think it is a sad world to see adults and parents talking about kids the way they are. I have 1 child and he dont play any sports now (thank god) and to sit and read what I have about some of these kids knowing that its the adults and parents saying these things, it's sad. If you have to single out a player and make remarks like this maybe you just need to stay home and not watch any games. I go to alot of the basketball games because I enjoy watching, and from what I see all schools have there favorite player(s), so why single out certain ones. Sounds like it all is alot of jealous parents to me. Just really glad my child dont play sports anymore and have to read comments like that about him. I know for a fact that these girls read and see this and how do you think it makes them feel to see someone single them out because they are good???? All just need to let the girls on all teams have fun with what they are doing thats what it's all about.

They lost 5 seniors talented seniors. Baxter should have won the state last year. They had the team to do it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Anyway, this team don't play as a team. They depend on one or two folks instead of the team. Plays that revolve around one player. The first time that I watched Baxter I got so tired of watching one person making all the plays. Screens were set and this player would drive in.

The second time, same player but different plays designed for her.Maybe a coaching change in baxter is needed???

All I know is LA has a TEAM. They play defense as a team as well as offensive. They rebound as a team. Put 100% team effort. I saw no selfish play from no one. They played JC hard both times. Baxter will lose to LA by 10+. Leslie is a good coach. She will know whom to put the D on. This is the game to watch next week!!!!

There you go again picking on the kids. If you keep up you would know that a different girl usually is the high scorer each night. Friday it was Dyer last night it was Roberts. Look at the assists fron #14 and you will see it is not all about the points. Some nights it is her night and some nights its someone elses time to step up. That is how you play as a team. The Upperman girls play very well together and spend alot of time together off the court also. They are a close team. There are several young players and they are getting stronger every game. Roberts, Carter, Biles and Hammock are stepping up and doing a great job when needed. Upperman lost Taylor, Simmons. Borsgenson, and Tisdale were the four that graduated I think and this year they have one senior Watson which has had several good games this year also. They have 3 girls on the team that played alot last year so they have alot of growning and maturing to do as a team. Someone has to be a leader and that is what Davis is. Give credit where credit is due. I go to almost every game and I just don't see where you see that one player makes all the plays?? Watch the team and stop focusing on just one player and pointing her out no names were mentioned but you have already posted the same thing once with the name. Just be happy that girls bball is so strong in this area and we have so many good players on all the area teams.

I think that most of the coaches tell their players not to read coach t on the account of things that are said on here but we all know when your told not to do something how the courosity killed the cat lol so just in case they are reading this. Just remember girls that they are 95% of the people on coach t encourage you to do your best no matter what team you play for only 5% show there ignorance. The support is in your favor so go out during the week do your best no matter where you are from and pat you opponent on the back with grace win or lose in the end it is a ball game not life or death...Life is too short have fun! Do your best that is all that is ask of anyone. The only time i will say anything bad about the girls if they have bad sportsmanship. I am very competitive but do it with grace it feels better. I learned that the hard way! May upper cumberland be represented in the state with the class that these teams Have. My blood bleeds BLUE FORD BLUE JC BLUE AND LA BLUE!!! Wish other teams the best too!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just be happy that girls bball is so strong in this area and we have so many good players on all the area teams.

I agree with a lot of what has been said in the last few posts. But this line right here says so much. The teams in this area are so strong, and even though I have a only been in the area a very short time, it is easy to see that the rivalries are incredible. One thing I have always taught when I was coaching is this: You play your tookis off. Every second. Every minute. Every game. You fight to every whistle. And you make the other team not want to ever have to play you again. But at the end, you shake hands, you laugh and you smile, and you are friends. That is what competition is all about.

The girls there in Baxter are a good team. And they are very well coached. Among their losses are two losses to an extremely good JC team, and I would think that this would make the JC fans happy. But to slam the baxter kids is just lessening the achievements of the JC girls.

Im not here to put up any arguments for anybody. Im sure Mrs Coach McWilliams would be glad to give explanations. theories, etc. if she thought she needed to. Im just guessing that she doesnt feel that she needs to. There are winners and losers on every scoreboard. But scoreboards are not where winning and losing really counts.

Those girls are very talented. They play very hard, every game. And they have come up short a few times. There is no shame in that.

Im looking forward to a good, hard fought game on Friday. Hopefully the baxter kids come out hitting shots and make a better game of it this time around.

I agree with a lot of what has been said in the last few posts. But this line right here says so much. The teams in this area are so strong, and even though I have a only been in the area a very short time, it is easy to see that the rivalries are incredible. One thing I have always taught when I was coaching is this: You play your tookis off. Every second. Every minute. Every game. You fight to every whistle. And you make the other team not want to ever have to play you again. But at the end, you shake hands, you laugh and you smile, and you are friends. That is what competition is all about.

The girls there in Baxter are a good team. And they are very well coached. Among their losses are two losses to an extremely good JC team, and I would think that this would make the JC fans happy. But to slam the baxter kids is just lessening the achievements of the JC girls.

Im not here to put up any arguments for anybody. Im sure Mrs Coach McWilliams would be glad to give explanations. theories, etc. if she thought she needed to. Im just guessing that she doesnt feel that she needs to. There are winners and losers on every scoreboard. But scoreboards are not where winning and losing really counts.

Those girls are very talented. They play very hard, every game. And they have come up short a few times. There is no shame in that.

Im looking forward to a good, hard fought game on Friday. Hopefully the baxter kids come out hitting shots and make a better game of it this time around.

Well, said!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think that most of the coaches tell their players not to read coach t on the account of things that are said on here but we all know when your told not to do something how the courosity killed the cat lol so just in case they are reading this. Just remember girls that they are 95% of the people on coach t encourage you to do your best no matter what team you play for only 5% show there ignorance. The support is in your favor so go out during the week do your best no matter where you are from and pat you opponent on the back with grace win or lose in the end it is a ball game not life or death...Life is too short have fun! Do your best that is all that is ask of anyone. The only time i will say anything bad about the girls if they have bad sportsmanship. I am very competitive but do it with grace it feels better. I learned that the hard way! May upper cumberland be represented in the state with the class that these teams Have. My blood bleeds BLUE FORD BLUE JC BLUE AND LA BLUE!!! Wish other teams the best too!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I can??™t tell you how much I agree with you Wildstang! That??™s why I try not to get on here much anymore because you always have a few Village Idiots that get on here & single out kids. That is just so tacky, it takes away from what this site is about. I think some people have a new found confidence when they get on here. They feel like they can just say anything & hide behind a name. This site gives everyone a place to talk with other fans about the games, good plays & bad plays. You can talk about bad plays & the kids involved without maliciously attacking their character. You??™re not always going to agree with people but that??™s life ??¦don??™t make it personal. Devilish, you & some of these others need to remember that these players are someone??™s kids. Would you want your kids singled out? The answer would be NO??¦you need to remember that!

All I know is when my kids get older & play High School sports??¦my husband will have to take my computer away from me because if someone got on here & talked about my girls like they have some of these kids??¦.I would lose it. I would try to turn a blind eye but when it comes to your kids it is a different story.

I think it is good for a Jackson Co. fan to point this out & let these girls know not everyone thinks this way.

To single out LaShay is wrong. You cannot point fingers at these kids and say oh that is the problem. Maybe people should look at the real issues with the program and not point fingers at the girls. The girls are only going to do what they are told to do by their Coach. Davis is not the only player at Upperman, she is surrounded with support. She just tends to step up to the challenge more so than others do. Every team has to have a leader. There are others who contribute each and every night. Maybe they do not shine like LaShay does, but they are just as important. I have seen Maynard play extremely well. Maybe they are in a slump or maybe the FUN has been taken out of the game. Who knows?

Everyone wants to single Laken out in J. Co. Why? She is good, one of the best I have seen in a long time. She moved to a program that is extremely strong year after year. She did what was best for her. And everyone talks about her. That is wrong. If she was your daughter would you not want her somewhere to better herself and maybe even her future. I would! J. Co can but 5 players on the floor and everyone of them can score. I have watched them play several times and they are just good. The bench is strong and they beat you down. Yes they lost to Livingston (but they are strong also to be young), but J. Co did not play their best. Laken and Courtney and Misti all stand out but they each contribute in different ways. Laken won Mid-South MVP and then Misti won MVP in the Florida tourney. So they stood out at different times. I watched J. Co beat Upperman twice. And both games Jim put 5 players on the floor on every play that could play and play well.

The adults need to be adults and stop picking on the kids. It all boils down to which teams are prepared the best and what players decide to show up at Game Time!!!!!!

I can??™t tell you how much I agree with you Wildstang! That??™s why I try not to get on here much anymore because you always have a few Village Idiots that get on here & single out kids. That is just so tacky, it takes away from what this sight is about. I think some people have a new found confidence when they get on here. They feel like they can just say anything & hide behind a name. This site gives everyone a place to talk with other fans about the games, good plays & bad plays. You can talk about bad plays & the kids involved without maliciously attacking their charter. You??™re not always going to agree with people but that??™s life ??¦don??™t make it personal. Devilish, you & some of these others need to remember that these players are someone??™s kids. Would you want your kids singled out? The answer would be NO??¦you need to remember that!

All I know is when my kids get older & play High School sports??¦my husband will have to take my computer away from me because if someone got on here & talked about my girls like they have some of these kids??¦.I would lose it. I would try to turn a blind eye but when it comes to your kids it is a different story.

I think it is good for a Jackson Co. fan to point this out & let these girls know not everyone thinks this way.

You are so right. I love to get on here and read about all the teams and kids and get all the scores. I am proud of all the kids on the teams and for all the effort they put forward. Building confidence is important and by talking about these kids is not doing that at all. There is always people from every area that has negativity toward some kids you just have to learn to overlook them. It is great to hear from you and look forward to Fridays game. Good luck to JC and the girls from an Upperman fan. They have a great team and hope its a good game.