grundy vs marion

thechosen1

Oops, looks like marion forgot their offense at the house because they didn't run a thing and their one on one style killed them... grundy played a heck of a game and shot the ball about as well as you could ever hope for... congrats to boo parsons who was soaked in gasoline on the way to the game and coach holt or bryant put a match to him before tip off because he was on fire and would not miss... marion needs to figure something out because their lack of execution and lack of depth is startin to creep up on them... my hat goes off to the yellow jackets for a game well played, best of luck to you guys through the season.... oh yeah, to the baby eagles, keep your heads up, y'all will have your time

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I heard it was a great game. But I have watched Marion play for the last couple years now and I have never seen them run one single offensive set. When you got two players like Guyear and Heneger run everything through them but I bet last night was the same as its been all year. I say Heneger got limited touches all night. Glad to hear that is was a great game. Thats the way Grundy/Marion should be played. Also congrats to Grundy's coaches and kids on their big win.

Wow heard it was a great game, wished I coulda made it. Congrats to Holty and Slick, they work hard and deserve the win, I couldn't be happier for them.

I was shocked at the high score of the game, I predicted 48-44 Grundy. I heard Boo got hot, well if a kid from Grundy gets hot Coach Holt and Bryant are gonna get them open, I bet Boo was comin off pick after Pick and it was a thing of beauty. Once again congrats to Grundy, the boys, and espically those 2 coaches.

As far as the rivalry, well I don't know if you can call it that. Grundy has owned Marion for the last 10 years. the record is something like 26-3 in favor of Grundy. WOW.

Now I know Marion has went through their share of injuries and I hate it for those kids and wish them a speedy recovery, But that is no excuse. Until that team is sat down and had their roles explained to them its gonna be let down after let down. I promise you that last night the Grundy boys knew their role, I bet Hamp, But, Chico etc, I bet they were setin picks for Boo left and right and understood what their job was, The Marion boys, not so much.

But speaking of coaching I am sure Marion lack of understanding played right into Coach Holts and Bryants hands. They know Teddy Guyear is the work horse and the most talented player on the court and I know he was the focal point in practice, If I had to guess Boo Shrum prolly even acted as Ted all week long. Now I have no Idea how Teddy played, but when he's "off" he will still hit you for 20 or so.

Which brings me to my next point, Just think the most talented player on the court when these team plays is on the wrong team. It scares me to think what would happen if Teddy was runnin the 2 at Grundy, hmmm the rivalry would be even more lopsided.

Ur right Whowitit, I wanna say I am sorry to the Grundy Nation for calling this a rival game. It has been total domination by the Jackets for awhile. I dont even wanna think bout what would happen if Guyear was reunite with his Tracy City teammates, I'd probably be a definite Grundy County season tickets holder. Once again glad to see Boo and the boys getting it going.

Both teams played their guts out and neither deserves any critics for the game. Of course I'm always glad to see a Grundy win in all sports, but I'm somewhat dismayed to see the bleacher coaches saying how they would have done this or that. This game could have gone either way up until overtime so it seems to me that both coaching staffs did a great job.

Congrats again to all the players on both sides. Every one of them played their guts out.

DL.

Both teams played their guts out and neither deserves any critics for the game.......

Congrats again to all the players on both sides. Every one of them played their guts out.

DL.

Agreed Del. Someone should post Grundy's team shooting average for this game. Its a wonder Marion was even close. Grundy players rained in three's and long two's ALL NIGHT LONG. Congrats to both teams for providing such an entertaining game. Marion could have folded early in the game but kept battling back. To ask a fast paced four quarters and one overtime out of six total players was just too much for Marion County last night. The Warriors really need to get McCann back to provide a litle depth. I'll agree that Grundy would be an awesome team with Zephan Guyear (Teddy? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ) out there; thank goodness he's a Marion. Now if we can just get him out for football next year.

Now I know Marion has went through their share of injuries and I hate it for those kids and wish them a speedy recovery, But that is no excuse. Until that team is sat down and had their roles explained to them its gonna be let down after let down. I promise you that last night the Grundy boys knew their role, I bet Hamp, But, Chico etc, I bet they were setin picks for Boo left and right and understood what their job was, The Marion boys, not so much.

But speaking of coaching I am sure Marion lack of understanding played right into Coach Holts and Bryants hands. They know Teddy Guyear is the work horse and the most talented player on the court and I know he was the focal point in practice, If I had to guess Boo Shrum prolly even acted as Ted all week long. Now I have no Idea how Teddy played, but when he's "off" he will still hit you for 20 or so.

Which brings me to my next point, Just think the most talented player on the court when these team plays is on the wrong team. It scares me to think what would happen if Teddy was runnin the 2 at Grundy, hmmm the rivalry would be even more lopsided.

Yes, Marion has has some injuries, and I agree that should be no excuse. But before you start questioning the coach and his coaching abilities why don't you try and ask the players if he has explained their role to them more than once. If they said no they would not be telling the truth. As far as "teddy" being the focal point in practice you are wrong again. "Teddy" is a great basketball player and a great athlete, but he is not the only one on this team. The focal point at practice is to run the plays that are called, to find the open man and get him the ball, rebounds and defense. These kids need to learn to play as one, but until they decide to do it there is not a whole lot the coach can do. They have minds of their own and like the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Both teams played their guts out and neither deserves any critics for the game. Of course I'm always glad to see a Grundy win in all sports, but I'm somewhat dismayed to see the bleacher coaches saying how they would have done this or that. This game could have gone either way up until overtime so it seems to me that both coaching staffs did a great job.

DL.

Both teams left it out on the court last night and congrats to the kid with nine 3's when someone gets that hot, there's not much you can do, MC was in his face all night and he still was draining them. But I agree neither deserves any critics and the ref's let them play

Yes, Marion has has some injuries, and I agree that should be no excuse. But before you start questioning the coach and his coaching abilities why don't you try and ask the players if he has explained their role to them more than once. If they said no they would not be telling the truth. As far as "teddy" being the focal point in practice you are wrong again. "Teddy" is a great basketball player and a great athlete, but he is not the only one on this team. The focal point at practice is to run the plays that are called, to find the open man and get him the ball, rebounds and defense. These kids need to learn to play as one, but until they decide to do it there is not a whole lot the coach can do. They have minds of their own and like the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Someone is a little confused. haha. I said I can promise you that Teddy was the focal point in practice, GRUNDYS PRACTICE!!! wow you really have no clue what your talking about. Grundy will often times do a scout team and have a player such as BOO SHRUM like i said who will act as if he is the other teams go-to-guy (like Teddy Guyear, or Alex Wells). I said i promise that they keyed Teddy in practice. Now how in the world do u get to thinkin that I meant Teddy was the focal point in his own practice? Wow. Amazing. I would love to meet you, I will tell you who I am and we can set down and talk basketball, have a little meeting of the minds on the subject, although I don't know if you have the required equipment.

As far as asking the players, well once again your as lost as you can get. I had 3 Marion players call me in the past 48 hours talking to me about this exact subject and asking for my advice. my responce " Its not my place to tell you what to do on the court, just play your butt off and it will pay off, you can't get frustrated."

I am all for a team game, and i promise I have won more games playing and coaching then 99% of the ppl on here. YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHO YOUR STUDS ARE! yes i'm yelling it.

You got Teddy Guyear and a 6'8" future D-1 player in Cody Henager in the post and they get limited touches, well quite frankly you lost to Sequatchie and Grundy in a 4 day span, and you deserve both loses.

People can complain and cry and say thats not it. Blah Blah Blah. The truth needs to be told, you jus can't handle the truth

People can complain and cry and say thats not it. Blah Blah Blah. The truth needs to be told, you jus can't handle the truth

Whowitit I know you and I'm pretty sure you know who I am. I respect you and for the most part enjoy your posts. For whats it worth, IMO you posted some things in this post that just didn't need to be said. The comments can only hurt. Just think about it.