baxter's students sit on the visitors side and stand up

and visitor fans can't even see the doggone game

i know it's their gym - but hey the visitors paid to see the game, too

annoying -- you yell for your team -- they

get smart with you - hey, they should sit on

their side

anybody else experience this?

i know it's a free country - still ------ it can get ugly

At Obion Central, the student section is on the visitor side, back behind the team. Obion Central's gym's "Home" side isn't really big enough.

i see a lot of games in 7aa

and i'm from the old school

visitors sit on one side

home sits on the other

but more and more the home team

sits on the visitors side

cannon --- york -- baxter

just to name a few

baxter's students sit on the visitors side and stand up

and visitor fans can't even see the doggone game

i know it's their gym - but hey the visitors paid to see the game, too

annoying -- you yell for your team -- they

get smart with you - hey, they should sit on

their side

anybody else experience this?

i know it's a free country - still ------ it can get ugly

It has gotten ugly before.

As you walk into the Baxter gym the visitors side is on the left, except the very last section. That is the home student HIVE.

There are often empty seats behind the visitors bench to the right,far end. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I like to sit there. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> I can get a close look at the visiting coach and their time out huddle. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

All the noise is accross the court.

Uppermans gym is large enough for the student section to be on the side with every other fan (behind the score table) I always thought that this was the point in having the bleachers across from each other.

Every gym I have ever been in, before I moved to the state of Tennessee, the visitors section was directly behind the visitors bench. This has always worked out really well, especially in the gyms where the teams sit on the first row of bleachers. (Students have always had the side opposite the benches all to themselves, and parents were always behind the home teams bench. Bleachers on the ends have had Pep Bands on one end, overlow on the other. Dont know why, but this is just the way it has always been.)

I can tell you that there are two gyms that Upperman has played in this year where the home fans should be ashamed of their behavior. And I do not see how the administration at those two schools can justify not stepping in and doing something about it.

Yell and scream all you want kids (and adults too), but when you are leaning over the bench and getting into kids faces, you have gone to far.

Lots of times coaches wives and family sit on the wrong side (with the visitors) this is

understandable and doesn't bother me. However when the visitors take up alot of space

in a NOT so large gym it's just rude. At Macon Cty. the coaches family sits behind the

bench and they are not yelling and carrying on but at a small gym like Monterey where parents and fans sit on the wrong side it really irritates me. They have tons of room on the home side and plus they

are too vocal to be sitting on the wrong side. Have some respect and consideration.

When going to an opponents gym, I sit on the visitors side. It is curtious, and reduces the chances of heated exchanges bewteen fans. Why sit on the home side and cheer for the opposite team?? This just tempts fate. So far, no fists fights have occured when a particular team does this. This is just rude and shows lack of respect for yourselves as well as others. Please be curtious and watch the game from the visitors side.

I totally agree our boys should sit on our side. I hold my breath during the game just waiting on something to happen. But Honestly, do you think JC fans have to provoked? Out of everyone we have played JC fans are the most vocal & yell at the refs more than any other fan section. The adults even chant Airball & yell other stuff. Most schools student section does that. I am afraid to go to the bathroom by myself at JC. Some of those adults scare me, almost like they don't care if your a kid or not.

Ok we are going a lil far aren't we scared to go to the bathroom lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If that is the case you come see me i am at most jc games at home and away and i will be your body guard.lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You gave me one of the best laughs i have had all week. In the defense of JC fans i am not a true Jcountian but they have welcomed me with opened arms and been right hospitable. I have been ask when at a game which side i was going to sit on when we played LA i sit right among them and cheer for both sides i have no problem with them..I think your giving them a bad rap. Now when i say this i probably get slack but if good ole corn fed country girls bother you maybe you need to stay home and listen on the radio not all of us are barbie dolls and city slickers it takes all kinds to make the world go round If it ever came to push or shove i would want to have JC women or girls to be by my side. We are very competitive in JC and support our ball teams as well as the next team. lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Oh yea why i am on here just want to clear up some questions of who i am I am not Holli's Mom just a Biiiiiiiiiggggg ole fan of hers. She is the girl i never had love her like she is my own... but Abby if seriously you are scared let me know i will see they mind thier manners, expect that from both side's sorry you feel that way..... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I still like the idea of visitors sitting behind the visitors bench. I helps to avoid MANY problems. Especially the things I have mentioned earlier. Kids/parents yelling and screaming in the players ears, getting in their faces while they are sitting on the bench. (you have to lean a long ways to get in a kids face when they are sitting on the bleacher in front of you) Throwing things at them from a few rows above, taunting them, taunting coaches. This is stuff that is stupid at the high school level. And before anyone jumps up and says "hey gatorbill, maybe you just need to get used to the way things are done here. This is REAL basketball" I will enlightten you just a bit.

When I was growing up we had 3 high schools in town. (each roughly the size of cookeville hs) We went to 5 different Jr High Schools, and then were split up based on where you lived, and sent to the HS's. There was no school of choice. Someone who was your best friend from 1st grade through 9th suddenly was on the other side of the ball. These were some ugly rivalrys. But they produced 3 NBA All Stars, Including one of the greatest players to every play the game (a fella by the name of Earvin) Our HS gym was roughly the size of the UHS gym. We would pack that thing. Bleachers on both sides, and both ends, pep band in the corner. It was loud, it was fierce, and the competition was fierce also. But even in those days, the beginning of forced bussing, etc. there were NEVER any issues inside that gym. RESPECT.

Im rambling, Im sorry. The bottom line, I think that line of RESPECT has been crossed. Obviously there are people in this thread that care, and I know there are many really good people at every school. But there are a few out there that need to check themselves, and get with the program.

I realize there is not going to be a "gatorbill rule" put into effect, and we will all sit where we are supposed to, and everyone will suddenly get along perfectly, but lets all do our part. If each of us makes sure we go out of our way to make these gyms better places to play/watch, then this will be a better place for everyone.

AND, a final note: I LOVE THIS PLACE. I love living here, I love the people, I love the schools, the rivalrys, I just plain love it. I apologize if my little walks down memory lane make it appear that I would rather be somewhere else, or that I want to change everybody. I just want our kids to have the best possible experience. That will not happen if one of you clowns are out there punching me in the back of the head cause you dont like who I am cheering for. (just joking about the clown part..hahhaha...)

Sorry for the thread hijack. Back to our regularly scheduled program. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I totally agree our boys should sit on our side. I hold my breath during the game just waiting on something to happen. But Honestly, do you think JC fans have to provoked? Out of everyone we have played JC fans are the most vocal & yell at the refs more than any other fan section. The adults even chant Airball & yell other stuff. Most schools student section does that. I am afraid to go to the bathroom by myself at JC. Some of those adults scare me, almost like they don't care if your a kid or not.

That is the funniest thing i've ever heard on here. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Seriously you don't have to worry about us Jackson Countians being rude to the opposing team or there fans. The only ones we probably don't respect near enough is the refs, but that can also be said for all fans that support there teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well , i have quit laughing now and it really bothers me that a child would think or should i say feels this way. You know an impression that is left on a kid last forever! I came from Panther country Portland tn and i was in a situation like that but that was years ago. Whitehouse used to be a big rivalry and it got nasty but hey ball games have come a long way since then. Just want to tell lil abby i will apologize for the impression that some have left on you but not all of people in jc would treat you this way. As a child just remember for one bad person there will be more good than that bad and if we all try to change these thing even you as a child then a ball game will be good clean but competitive fun!! Try to see the good in all that you do! Goodluck Fri! Thanks for your post i enjoyed it!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

A "baxter" fan saying something about being RUDE?? Are you kidding me? Would someone please shut that guy up that says "GO BEES" for the entire game??? Geezzzzzzzzzz!!!! If you're skeered at JC and you think there fans are loud wait till you play Clay Co. They aint got nuthin on us i promise you!!! WE ARE THE LOUDEST AND PROUDEST FANS EVER!!! We drown out every other teams fans so little missy you just wait you aint seen nuthin yet i promise you that!!!