MOORE COUNTY ATLETIC PROGRAM

blazing109

It seems that Moore County is really having problems. They used to be one well known recognizable programs around but in the last couple of years they have been going down hill. Well, in football they did until they found Coach Mac who I hear they lost. They lost the girls basketball coach who is doing great thing where he is at now. They lost the baseball coach who has years of experience and respect. What is the problem. POLITICS. Let the kids enjoy their youth. I hear Helton and Fanning are the two. The girls coach is losing kids and only want certain ones to score. There is trouble in good ole Moore County i hope it gets work out.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Helton, Mr. Fanning and Mr. Holt are the reasons this team expecially the younger girls have potential to go somewhere. When this group of Freshman grow up it will be something to see. As for are coach i have been hard on her in the past but she is growing up along with are girls. She has lost some players one had all the reason to quit and the other probably helped more than it hurt

It seems that Moore County is really having problems. They used to be one well known recognizable programs around but in the last couple of years they have been going down hill. Well, in football they did until they found Coach Mac who I hear they lost. They lost the girls basketball coach who is doing great thing where he is at now. They lost the baseball coach who has years of experience and respect. What is the problem. POLITICS. Let the kids enjoy their youth. I hear Helton and Fanning are the two. The girls coach is losing kids and only want certain ones to score. There is trouble in good ole Moore County i hope it gets work out.

First of all let's stick to the facts!

This is a girl's basketball board so let's just discuss that.

This team lost 4 seniors from last year's team that came within 4 points of going to the state tournament. Of those 4 all started when they were not injuried. Two started every game and played almost every minute. Their bench did not get a lot of playing time or experience last year.

That left only one returning starter for this year and only three other kids who played any quality minutes. One of those kids has quit and the other two start. Kids who decide to quit make their own choices nobody ever agrees with every decision a coach makes. But as players you have to decide how bad you want to be a part of the TEAM. That is their choice not the coaches.

Anyone with any basketball knowledge knew this season would be a season full of growing pains. New coach 4 new starters an inexperienced bench for the most part and a very talented freshman class and an eighth grader. By the way that bunch won the TSSAA State Middle Championship last year. It will take time for this group to mesh. They are getting better every game.

Now as for your statement about their former coach and his current success at his new school let's examine the facts shall we. They have a record of 10-8. They beat a 6-10 Lincoln County team that Moore County also beat. They beat Giles County that is 6-6. They beat Paige that is 2-13. They beat Spring Hill that is 1-16. They beat East Hickman that is 1-16. They beat 4 sub-par(to Tennessee girls basketball) Alabama teams. Their only win of note is a win over single A Summertown who is 12-7 a down year for them. They lost to Marshall County by 20. They lost to Hickman County that is 4-14. They lost to single A Collinwood by 39 and 36.

I don't know how you measure success but that is not very successful in my humble opinion. By the way I think Moore County and Coach White's record is 11-8. That should be very successful by your standards.

Those my friend are Just Da Facts!

Just as you said, "let's stick to the facts" and that this was a "girls basketball board", you need to take your own advice and stick to the topic heading which the best I can tell is titled Moore County Athletic Program. That would exclude any talk about the former coach who is now doing a fine job contrary to what you insinuated in your previous post. Leave Moore County's problems in Moore County and don't bring them into Lawrence County (Loretto)where Coach Tipps has done a 360 with this girls 's program! He walked into a nightmare situation with a team already having been selected for him, no summer practice, girls coming off of a season that made them almost feel like they couldn't be winners and succeed for the most part, they had a terrible record under Shockley last year and were far from even being considered competitive. You don't know what the talent is around here either I'm sure. The team is extremely young and very little experienced from top to bottom. Coach is doing a top notch job, the girls would die for him and the program here is definitely looking up. Sounds like sour grape soda your sipping on b/c he's gone from there and doing great here and the replacement wasn't what you thought she should be. I hope Moore County has some reconciliation with their program and their problems, but keep the problems where they are and don't branch out downing other people. Just stick to the facts and stay on topic title...

Dear Blackngold,

I did not mean to make you mad or hurt anyone from Loretta. I am sorry if I did.

I was not making a personal attack on your team or your coach. I will leave those to Blazing 109.

I did stay on topic for this board which is girls basketball. Blazing 109 stated that Moore County's former coach was doing great things and I just wanted to compare for him/her what Moore County current coach is doing with a some what similar team. As I stated earlier Moore County is very young and has only a few (high school) experienced players.

Yes I do know about the talent over there and I do know what they did last year. But he does have two very talented freshman. I wish you and your team and your coach the best of luck.

BTW no sour grapes here he chose to resign and the new coach is doing a fine job.

Thanks for the reply and the clarification. Very true that Coach has two very talented freshman on his team. Lots to look forward to here in Loretto in the up and coming years but its not there yet and he's still finding ways to keep his girls hungry and to competitively play with teams that have him extremely out matched and their is a lot to be said for that. Especially when one of the 2 talented freshman you are speaking of hasn't seen the floor since late December. Also have some talented sophmores and juniors that we won't be losing to graduation this season as well but they've seen very little P.T. until this season. He's doing a great job here and from what I've heard, everyone here hopes he doesn't make the choice to resign from here for the next 20 years. I understand where your coming from and again, thanks for the clarification!!

Dear Blackngold,

I did not mean to make you mad or hurt anyone from Loretta. I am sorry if I did.

I was not making a personal attack on your team or your coach. I will leave those to Blazing 109.

I did stay on topic for this board which is girls basketball. Blazing 109 stated that Moore County's former coach was doing great things and I just wanted to compare for him/her what Moore County current coach is doing with a some what similar team. As I stated earlier Moore County is very young and has only a few (high school) experienced players.

Yes I do know about the talent over there and I do know what they did last year. But he does have two very talented freshman. I wish you and your team and your coach the best of luck.

BTW no sour grapes here he chose to resign and the new coach is doing a fine job.

If you want to stick to the facts, state the facts. The big 2 PARENTS control the program. That is why Tipps left. The Freshman are good but with the influence the big 2 Parents will have over the team, they will accomplish nothing. They tried the same influence last year and their KIN FOLK did not like the fact that the real talent was not kin to them. The new coach is letting the fluence occur now because she is new. In a year or two she will kick back against them, they will take offense, and start corrupting things from inside just like they did for Tipps. Facts are Facts. And those are the Facts.

If you want to stick to the facts, state the facts. The big 2 PARENTS control the program. That is why Tipps left. The Freshman are good but with the influence the big 2 Parents will have over the team, they will accomplish nothing. They tried the same influence last year and their KIN FOLK did not like the fact that the real talent was not kin to them. The new coach is letting the fluence occur now because she is new. In a year or two she will kick back against them, they will take offense, and start corrupting things from inside just like they did for Tipps. Facts are Facts. And those are the Facts.

As an outsider looking in I can look at the program without getting emotional as parents may not be able too. The coach is new and has a lot to learn as all new coaches do but one observation is that you should never let parents keep official stats, they are biased. Not their faults but it is hard to give your child a bad mark. Second your team is young and will probably be really good in time but she seems to be alienating the only senior she has. I have watched VP since she was an 8th grader and she is one of the most dynamic players in the state. I watch her sitting at crucial times in the game and it is puzzling. She should be the coach in the locker room and on the floor and it doesn't look like she is getting respect. The wrap was always stop her and you win but not anymore. She gives the ball up and never gets it back, makes passes that aren't caught. At least she has college to look forward too.

As an outsider looking in I can look at the program without getting emotional as parents may not be able too. The coach is new and has a lot to learn as all new coaches do but one observation is that you should never let parents keep official stats, they are biased. Not their faults but it is hard to give your child a bad mark. Second your team is young and will probably be really good in time but she seems to be alienating the only senior she has. I have watched VP since she was an 8th grader and she is one of the most dynamic players in the state. I watch her sitting at crucial times in the game and it is puzzling. She should be the coach in the locker room and on the floor and it doesn't look like she is getting respect. The wrap was always stop her and you win but not anymore. She gives the ball up and never gets it back, makes passes that aren't caught. At least she has college to look forward too.

I think the coach realizes that the future with this team is not now its a yr or 2 down the road no knocks on VP cause your right she is a dynamic player when she wants to be and has already signed her LOI so she doesn't need the minutes to get a scholarship so i think the coach is doing a great job getting the younger kids involved

Hewitt shut up... Your days are over