Baylor Vs. McCallie

allsaints

OK this post was started to bring out the fun for this great wrestling rivalery. As promised in the first post, as that I am going broke sending my kids to McCallie and Baylor, I have the full right and privelage to critique both, either, or none with full immunity. I promised to keep a score card based on bad sportsmanship so here is my tally so far:

BAD SPORTSMANSHIP TALLY:

McCallie: 1 point for "outing" Walkenvol (though its nice to know, maybe I'll be a little more careful next time I decide to engage in some direct verbal sparring). Considering some of the things I've posted on CoachT, being "outed" is uncool. Thank goodness I've done such a good job hiding my own identity, right BCB and HT?

MCallie: 1 point for directly slamming a fellow poster's son or wife (no penalty applies for slamming the poster himself).

Baylor: 1 point for multiple post slamming a program for KIDS. Remember, the wrestlers themselves look at these post and when Baylor fans enjoy kicking a sweet hearted old dog when he might be down, you may as well start booing the Blue as soon as they walk on the mat. Which of course I will take note of.

SO FAR: McCallie: 2 Baylor: 1

Try these: I wonder who will be a 5 timer; Baylor's 103 or McCallie's 112 or 135? Who will McCallie throw against Whitaker at 125? Which two will have the best match? Which kid will be the most fired up? Can either team muster the guts to have even one hot cheerleader show up? Will McCallie bring someone up at 103? Does any one have scoop on the unknown heavier weight classes for both teams? Will the meeting place have a special on draphts that afternoon?

You know, positive things!

PS: I say Mayo's on Brainerd Rd for the meeting, but that's for the social chairmen to decide

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should be less concerned about what sports McCallie adds/drops and more concerned that we don't "Screw" another one of your sons out of another state title... again. Word has it that McCallie has a tough 112 pounder in their line up too. No weight class excuses this time Tim.

JMF

Jason, in case you haven't heard yet, young Alex Manley defeated Josh Jadobirsing from Cleveland today. He wanted to thank you for the inspiring words that lead him to victory, and was wondering in about 10 years if you might speak at his wedding.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

OK this post was started to bring out the fun for this great wrestling rivalery. As promised in the first post, as that I am going broke sending my kids to McCallie and Baylor, I have the full right and privelage to critique both, either, or none with full immunity. I promised to keep a score card based on bad sportsmanship so here is my tally so far:

BAD SPORTSMANSHIP TALLY:

McCallie: 1 point for "outing" Walkenvol (though its nice to know, maybe I'll be a little more careful next time I decide to engage in some direct verbal sparring). Considering some of the things I've posted on CoachT, being "outed" is uncool. Thank goodness I've done such a good job hiding my own identity, right BCB and HT?

MCallie: 1 point for directly slamming a fellow poster's son or wife (no penalty applies for slamming the poster himself).

Baylor: 1 point for multiple post slamming a program for KIDS. Remember, the wrestlers themselves look at these post and when Baylor fans enjoy kicking a sweet hearted old dog when he might be down, you may as well start booing the Blue as soon as they walk on the mat. Which of course I will take note of.

Try these: I wonder who will be a 5 timer; Baylor's 103 or McCallie's 112 or 135? Who will McCallie throw against Whitaker at 125? Which two will have the best match? Which kid will be the most fired up? Can either team muster the guts to have even one hot cheerleader show up? Will McCallie bring someone up at 103? Does any one have scoop on the unknown heavier weight classes for both teams? Will the meeting place have a special on draphts that afternoon?

PS: I say Mayo's on Brainerd Rd for the meeting, but that's for the social chairmen to decide

Mentioning cheerleaders in every post???? McCallie 5 points

Jason, in case you haven't heard yet, young Alex Manley defeated Josh Jadobirsing from Cleveland today. He wanted to thank you for the inspiring words that lead him to victory, and was wondering in about 10 years if you might speak at his wedding.

bcb iii

BCB/Walkenvol:

I notice by the scores of the Baylor Duals posted under that topic that both Shufords returned to the Baylorl line-up at 145 and at 171 and wrestled all three matches ------with Helton bumping to 189 ( where did Mackey go?). From the match scores, neither appeared to be too rusty following their absence from the line-up. Did the live matches reflect that? If so, I'm not sure it adds much to " The Match" (as you Eastside Boys refer to Baylor v.McCallie) other that to make the margin of the final score greater, but it does add the anticipated Ryan v. TBSFBAG match-up at state duals already under discussion under the topic DII Outlook. This should add more fuel to BCB's Red Tsumani prediction. WV are you going to jump on that bandwagon now that the Shufords are healthy and back in the line-up?

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

wow thats huge ...big ups to Alex

BAD SPORTSMANSHIP TALLY:

My inside sources say that McCallie will put in a wrestler at 103, a very tough one at that. Also a tough wrestler at 125. Michael hooker will be a 5 time state champion. Next year will be a great year for McCallie because all of our 8th grade wrestlers will wrestle in the High School. The reason we only have 20 something guys on the high school team is because the students lose focus. i can thing of at least 3 guys that quit this year because it "got boring" 2 of which had a good shot at state and had both wrestled varsity for a couple years. Oh and I have also heard that McCallie will have 3 of their 8th graders wrestling on Friday night.

My inside sources say that McCallie will put in a wrestler at 103, a very tough one at that. Also a tough wrestler at 125. Michael hooker will be a 5 time state champion. Next year will be a great year for McCallie because all of our 8th grade wrestlers will wrestle in the High School. The reason we only have 20 something guys on the high school team is because the students lose focus. i can thing of at least 3 guys that quit this year because it "got boring" 2 of which had a good shot at state and had both wrestled varsity for a couple years. Oh and I have also heard that McCallie will have 3 of their 8th graders wrestling on Friday night.

Thank you!! Finally some trash talk from McCallie. Congratulations on a good middle school season I'm glad we will get to see some of the very good middle schoolers on friday night. I am glad that the kids on Baylors team have not "gotten bored " or" lost focus" in the last few years. I would like to offer condolences to the 103 McCallie produces in advance.

Thank you!! Finally some trash talk from McCallie. Congratulations on a good middle school season I'm glad we will get to see some of the very good middle schoolers on friday night. I am glad that the kids on Baylors team have not "gotten bored " or" lost focus" in the last few years. I would like to offer condolences to the 103 McCallie produces in advance.

Ok first of all, there is so much sarcasm in this post that it's kind of sick.

Let's start with "finally some trash talk from McCallie"-

I think there's a reason that you don't hear much trash talk from McCallie and no it's not because the team isn't very good this year. (I'll let you figure that one out)

"I'm glad we will get to see some of the 'very good middle schoolers' Friday night"-

Hold your breathe. We don't need your laughable sarcasm. You don't need to passive aggressively insult and/or mock McCallie's younger talent with the mindset that A. it won't help McCallie or B. what a joke. I've been around this board long enough to pick up on all the sentences dripping with sarcasm and the meanings behind them.

"I am glad the kids on Baylor's team haven't 'gotten bored' or 'lost focus' in the last few years" -

No need to mock someone's serious insight while raising your team up onto an even higher pedestal at the same time. Baylor is just so flawless and commendable for such an act aren't they?

"I would like to offer condolences to the 103 McCallie produces in advance"-

Wow, maybe the most classless comment of them all. If McCallie didn't have a 103 all year long until now I think it's safe to say that he could be an 8th grader. Do you realize how much courage it takes to step out in an environment like Baylor/McCallie at such a young age? To make a comment like that is just pathetic. Yeah we all know you all think your 8th grade 103 is Dan Gable reborn, and yeah he's good, but I mean is your disclaimer really necessary in this setting? These younger kids just want to go out and experience it. No need for the scare tactics. They're brave just for stepping up to the plate.

Well, analyzed that one to death! I had a lot of respect for you in the past Raider76. But this post just makes me shake my head...

I think there's a reason that you don't hear much trash talk from McCallie and no it's not because the team isn't very good this year. (I'll let you figure that one out)

"I'm glad we will get to see some of the 'very good middle schoolers' Friday night"-

Hold your breathe. We don't need your laughable sarcasm. You don't need to passive aggressively insult and/or mock McCallie's younger talent with the mindset that A. it won't help McCallie or B. what a joke. I've been around this board long enough to pick up on all the sentences dripping with sarcasm and the meanings behind them.

"I am glad the kids on Baylor's team haven't 'gotten bored' or 'lost focus' in the last few years" -

No need to mock someone's serious insight while raising your team up onto an even higher pedestal at the same time. Baylor is just so flawless and commendable for such an act aren't they?

Wow, maybe the most classless comment of them all. If McCallie didn't have a 103 all year long until now I think it's safe to say that he could be an 8th grader. Do you realize how much courage it takes to step out in an environment like Baylor/McCallie at such a young age? To make a comment like that is just pathetic. Yeah we all know you all think your 8th grade 103 is Dan Gable reborn, and yeah he's good, but I mean is your disclaimer really necessary in this setting? These younger kids just want to go out and experience it. No need for the scare tactics. They're brave just for stepping up to the plate.

Well, analyzed that one to death! I had a lot of respect for you in the past Raider76. But this post just makes me shake my head...

Easy! It just looks like R76 is responding to some of bigblue1's comments.

I would think that a 'Baylor vs McCallie' topic on coacht would be a perfect place for a little trash talking. ? Looks like you did a pretty good job of using some sarcasm yourself with your 103 comment. If McCallies 103 is who I think it is, he's a great kid from a great family; nevertheless, Baylors 103 has beaten Nationally ranked high schoolers, so R76 comment wasn't a respect issue (or lack of), it was a wrestling point. Doesn't take long to analyze your post. It's good to vent your frustration, and I hope you feel better.

CC

Wow Wrestle 90, your wisdom and insight comes through loud and clear. As does you condescension and particular sensitivity.

No one is mocking McCallie's young talent. As you are well aware, our team is very young as well so we have some idea what comes with young guys on the mat in a varsity environment. It is certainly a wonderful thing to watch them grow. We also do not need you to tell us how much courage it takes to step out there, particularly in this dual match. We have been watching it for years just as you have. This is true whether they wear red or blue. It is a good thing that these guys will get this experience at such a young age.

I can assure you that no one, particularly Raider 76, though he does not need me to speak for him, has the mocking or insulting mindset you describe above. With that in mind, your interpretation of the comments made makes no sense. Having these spots filled A- will help McCallie just as forfeits will not and, B- stepping out there is certainly not a joke. We have all seen so-called upsets on the mat that change matches around. Baylor has always believed that it is better to have someone wrestle, even if they are supposedly out-manned, than to forfeit.

With regards to being bored and unfocused, it was your side making this claim, not Raider 76. As to whether this is commendable or not, given the option, I would rather not be bored and unfocused. This certainly does not make Baylor flawless; this just isn't one of the flaws.

Further to mocking the young'uns, I have never heard anyone compare Gable and anyone on our team but you (quite sarcastically I might point out). We have had a good year at 103 and hopefully that will continue. But since there is not any confirmation that there will even be a match at this weight, I am not sure it's worth getting all bent out of shape about a benign comment about a match that may not even occur. If there is a match, comments on this board are the last thing that will be on the mind of either participant.

By the way, you are deluding yourself as to the reason the Blue nation is so quiet this year.