McMinn Central

Butch & Sundance

Hows it going to benefit Polk? 1st and 2nd place teams got a bye into the double elimination part of the tournament.. The only way it would benefit any of the teams is if they didn't play during the Regular season. I know it made room for Central to play some better teams in the area to help get them ready for Polks pitching staff..

Because every year Polk had to play their way into the double elimination round. NOW they get a bye. You don't have to play as many games in the tournament as in previous years.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont get me wrong, i like central baseball, i just dont want them to get full of themselves thinking that they are invincible

I feel the same way. They have a core group of kids that work real hard and they know what it takes to win.. Don't get me wrong Polk has a real good team. I will cheer for them when they are not playing Central.

I believe Polk's Incoming Freshmen class will surprise many. They may be young ,but they have plenty of experience. Oh by the way, they can hit just fine.

The area has a bumper crop of freshman. Massingill, Smith, and Pippen (from Sweetwater) at McMinn; Tallent and Goins from Rhea; Hunter and Scoggins at Cleveland; Moses and Cowart at Central; Rowland and Crabtree at Meigs; Maxwell and Allen at Sequoyah; Allen from Polk. This whole group has experience beyond their years.

Where is my buddy the Mexican at?

I'm back. Had trouble crossing the border. Been down watching the winter leagues in my home country. District 5aa will be alot different. But when the ump calls the last out, standings will be the same as usual. Polk in the stands watching Meigs and Central play for title.

The area has a bumper crop of freshman. Massingill, Smith, and Pippen (from Sweetwater) at McMinn; Tallent and Goins from Rhea; Hunter and Scoggins at Cleveland; Moses and Cowart at Central; Rowland and Crabtree at Meigs; Maxwell and Allen at Sequoyah; Allen from Polk. This whole group has experience beyond their years.

I am familiar with most of the names you mentioned and you are right about it being a special group. Some of them played for the Smoking Guns several years ago. If you could put those players and a few more on a summer team, they could compete on a national level. I don't know all of them, but Massingill and Moses are excellent pitching prospects. Polk is getting a kid named Hargrove that can hit with anyone. I don't know much about their roster, but if they don't have a senior in front of him,

I wouldn't be surprised to see him start at 1st base. He's a big kid that can really wear it out.

When was the last time anyone from District 5AA went to the Boro and competed with freshmen. No question they must be good players with lots of potential. All the top teams are going to have dominate juniors and seniors who are more experienced along with being bigger, faster and stronger. Emotional maturity also is a factor.

Who let the illegal (mexican) back in the country? Our borders are not safe.

When was the last time anyone from District 5AA went to the Boro and competed with freshmen. No question they must be good players with lots of potential. All the top teams are going to have dominate juniors and seniors who are more experienced along with being bigger, faster and stronger. Emotional maturity also is a factor.

Central had 5 freshman that helped them get to the sectionals, and they are still there.. Yes they are Bigger, stronger, and faster.. This isn't 15u against 15u . Glad to see the Mexican back.

I'm back. Had trouble crossing the border. Been down watching the winter leagues in my home country. District 5aa will be alot different. But when the ump calls the last out, standings will be the same as usual. Polk in the stands watching Meigs and Central play for title.

I don't see Meigs in the mix. Central and Polk will be top contenders.

When was the last time anyone from 5AA went to boro period? As for freshmen contributing I think they can especially some that I have seen and heard about. I would put some of these freshmen against upperclassmen in terms of ability and size. Age and experience does not necessarily make you a great player! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

They lost their cf and DH..

The projected starting line-up will be:

C-Seth Walker JR .411 BA 12 Doubles

1st-Colby Williams SR .354BA 21 RBI's

2nd-Mark Rayburn JR .318BA .936FP

SS-Dylan Coleman JR .322BA 10 Doubles

3rd-Ethan Starr SR .458BA 10 Doubles

LF-Shane Moses JR .377BA 5 Triples

CF-Matt Harper JR .263BA 9 OF Assists

RF-Taylor Cook JR/Hunter Brock JR/ or

Scott Moses FR.

DH-Matt Green SOPH/Taylor Cook JR/ or

Ryan Rayburn JR

The projected rotation will be:

SR-Britt Shaw 6-2 .66 ERA 74.33 inns.

JR-Matt Aderhold 5-5 2 saves 2.81 ERA

JR-Ryan Rayburn 4-2 5.25 ERA

SR-Ethan Starr 4-2 4.16 ERA

SOPH-Corey King 1-2 5.63 ERA

FR-Scott Moses

Closer-JR-Dylan Coleman 1-2 4 Saves 2.55

Other Pitchers: Matt Green, J.D. Cowart

Got this from WWW.TBCA.ORG

They will only go as far as Shaw takes them. What's with the stats, we all know what they are worth. Especially all those doubles. Does Hart give a doubles award? LOL