McMinn Central

Butch & Sundance

When was the last time anyone from District 5AA went to the Boro and competed with freshmen. No question they must be good players with lots of potential. All the top teams are going to have dominate juniors and seniors who are more experienced along with being bigger, faster and stronger. Emotional maturity also is a factor.

Who let the illegal (mexican) back in the country? Our borders are not safe.

What would you say about this freshmen: 6'0" 195# 4.7-40.

I don't see many juniors or seniors in this district being bigger, faster and stronger!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will only go as far as Shaw takes them. What's with the stats, we all know what they are worth. Especially all those doubles. Does Hart give a doubles award? LOL

No he doesnt give out a doubles award. Just copied what was on the TBCA web..

I have to disagree with you on the Shaw statement Ryne Rayburn has come along way this past summer and right now Shaw Matt A. and Ryne will be tough to beat. By the way who's keeping the books this year??? Talk about stats.

I don't see many juniors or seniors in this district being bigger, faster and stronger!

It depends on if he is a 15 year old freshman or 16 year old freshman because one extra year in a strength and conditioning program is huge. If he is already 16, he is not that much younger than some young seniors. A legitimate 4.7 40 equates to a 7.05 60. The average SEC player runs a 7.0 sixty yard dash according to the coaches at UT.

It's good to know these things because you have to keep in mind that pro and college scouts look at tools. They look at arm strength and foot speed more than anything, but if you don't have grades, you can forget it. A most prominent player in the north Georgia area is a certain SEC calibre talent who had to sign with Chattanooga State because of grade issues. The kid throws low 90's and runs a legitimate 6.8 sixty yard dash.

I have to disagree with you on the Shaw statement Ryne Rayburn has come along way this past summer and right now Shaw Matt A. and Ryne will be tough to beat. By the way who's keeping the books this year??? Talk about stats.

I forget about him sometimes but as I remember last year he had some trouble throwing strikes and got a little rattled when adversity came his way. We both know as a pitcher you have to be mentally tough or you will never make it and that could make or break him. I like Shaw alot because he will challenge and battle you. Hopefully the summer has been good to all these guys and they will be able to step it up to the next level. As for stats you know how I feel!!BTW I was kidding about the doubles award.

It depends on if he is a 15 year old freshman or 16 year old freshman because one extra year in a strength and conditioning program is huge. If he is already 16, he is not that much younger than some young seniors. A legitimate 4.7 40 equates to a 7.05 60. The average SEC player runs a 7.0 sixty yard dash according to the coaches at UT.

It's good to know these things because you have to keep in mind that pro and college scouts look at tools. They look at arm strength and foot speed more than anything, but if you don't have grades, you can forget it. A most prominent player in the north Georgia area is a certain SEC calibre talent who had to sign with Chattanooga State because of grade issues. The kid throws low 90's and runs a legitimate 6.8 sixty yard dash.

Turned 15 in November and has a 98.6 average in the classroom. I am glad you informed me on the tools the colleges and scouts look for. I didn't have a clue on what it takes for a kid to go to a D1 school. You mean they actually time you in the sixty, I thought all they looked at was your stats!

Central goes 5 pitchers deep. Each one as good or better than the other. Number 6 is a crafty lefty. Each can produce the same kind of numbers as Shaw - if given the opportunity. If a pitcher is not one or two on Centrals staff, then you pitch against a more difficult non district schedule. Rayburn, Coleman, Starr could be just as effective in the district. Very few high schools can go confidently 5 deep. That's why Central should have a great year on the mound, if coach will use staff properly.

Turned 15 in November and has a 98.6 average in the classroom. I am glad you informed me on the tools the colleges and scouts look for. I didn't have a clue on what it takes for a kid to go to a D1 school. You mean they actually time you in the sixty, I thought all they looked at was your stats!

98.6 in the classroom is strong IF he is taking the right courses. It all comes down to the ACT/SAT scores. There is a big difference in a 26 ACT and a 28 ACT in terms of scholarship money. We have friend's whose son recently signed with Vanderbilt to play baseball but he scored a 31 on the ACT, so must of the money he got was academic. An SEC school can only give 11 "athletic" scholarships a season, so they try to recruit great students that will qualify for "academic" scholarships. It's a way they can get around the rules, but a player must maintain a 3.0 to keep the academic schollie, while he only has to be on track to graduate to maintain the athletic money. Scouts don't look at stats either.

That is true, athletic programs do look at students ACT scores and high school G.P.A and would like for them to recieve money academically instead of through athletics. That way they can reserve the athleic scholarships for the student'athletes who are not as smart in the classroom. I do disagree on the stats however. When it comes to whether or not they will sign an athlete they do not base their judgement on stats but more on athletic ability but they do on occassion look at stats to see if an athlete progressed or declined as to determine how much they may offer. Ex: A pitcher has a great Jr year and has outstanding stats and then the following year has declined a scout takes that into consideration. They use every aspect of an individual when it comes to recruiting.

Jar-head is a very good player with a bright future .. He can play the game. I'm sure he will do very well and be a stand out in our District. You know as well as I do that the there is a differents in a freshman and Senior.. It would not surprise me if by the time he's a senior that every SEC team is knocking at his door... What I like is he's down to earth and a very nice youn man. Both him and Matt are..

Jar-head is a very good player with a bright future .. He can play the game. I'm sure he will do very well and be a stand out in our District. You know as well as I do that the there is a differents in a freshman and Senior.. It would not surprise me if by the time he's a senior that every SEC team is knocking at his door... What I like is he's down to earth and a very nice youn man. Both him and Matt are..

I have to agree both are good kids. They are friends with alot of those guys from Central so both teams have some excellent kids. I think the freshmen will have to come around mentally and emotionally but as far as physical abililty thats another story.

98.6 in the classroom is strong IF he is taking the right courses. It all comes down to the ACT/SAT scores. There is a big difference in a 26 ACT and a 28 ACT in terms of scholarship money. We have friend's whose son recently signed with Vanderbilt to play baseball but he scored a 31 on the ACT, so must of the money he got was academic. An SEC school can only give 11 "athletic" scholarships a season, so they try to recruit great students that will qualify for "academic" scholarships. It's a way they can get around the rules, but a player must maintain a 3.0 to keep the academic schollie, while he only has to be on track to graduate to maintain the athletic money. Scouts don't look at stats either.

I am pretty sure he is taking the courses he needs, since his brother is 2nd in his graduating class this year with a 28 on his ACT. The kids parents will make sure he takes the classes he needs. I am glad I am getting informed on all this from you guys, are you teachers or something? Wow! I am really learning alot about all this how about you Sundance? Did you realize they gave out academic and athletic scholarships?

I am pretty sure he is taking the courses he needs, since his brother is 2nd in his graduating class this year with a 28 on his ACT. The kids parents will make sure he takes the classes he needs. I am glad I am getting informed on all this from you guys, are you teachers or something? Wow! I am really learning alot about all this how about you Sundance? Did you realize they gave out academic and athletic scholarships?

Your crazy!!! As long as I have my BIG BLUE CAN i'm happy.. The bad thing is we just have 13 home games..