Fan behavior at Meigs County

Tennesseesportsfan

I attended a Meigs basketball game recently and was shocked at the behavior of the fans toward the referees during the girls game. I was sitting in what I assumed was the parent section and was suprised at the lack of support for the coach. After the game I overheard parents continue to bash the coach in front of the players. Is this why Meigs has had a revolving door of coaches the past 5 years?

I attended a Meigs basketball game recently and was shocked at the behavior of the fans toward the referees during the girls game. I was sitting in what I assumed was the parent section and was suprised at the lack of support for the coach. After the game I overheard parents continue to bash the coach in front of the players. Is this why Meigs has had a revolving door of coaches the past 5 years?

Not in any way condoning the behavior of some Meigs fans but there has NOT been a revolving door of coaches the last 5 years. The coach the previous 4 years was Jason Powell, who had to step down because of medical reasons. Please get your facts straight before you try to ruffle up feathers.

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. But I know there was a young woman coach before Powell with the legendary Tommy Jewell as the asistant that was run off by the parents. Powell has had a couple of different assistants. With the coach bashing that I heard in the stands it will only be a matter of time before there is another coaching change. I know that there has been alot of changes with the boys programs as well in football, baseball, and a different assistant in boys basketball as well. Whats up with all the changes?

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. But I know there was a young woman coach before Powell with the legendary Tommy Jewell as the asistant that was run off by the parents. Powell has had a couple of different assistants. With the coach bashing that I heard in the stands it will only be a matter of time before there is another coaching change. I know that there has been alot of changes with the boys programs as well in football, baseball, and a different assistant in boys basketball as well. Whats up with all the changes?

Please get facts straight before posting. None of the above were run off by parents. Bottom Line.