8 AAA

big_joe

I think anyone making the mistake that Tullahoma won't be tough to beat this year in their district is just ill informed. From what I hear Jones and Duke spent the best part of the summer playing very competetive ball with some fairly decent coaching and should be ready to step it up this year. They will probably start slow but be ready by tournament time...which is when it counts...

My prediction is that CC will be behind Tullahoma and either Columbia or Lawrenceburg, possibly both....

With Tullahoma being successful the last two years, why would this year be different with pitcher and catcher returning to lead this team?

No one said anything about Tullahoma being tough to beat, but don't think that Duke and Jones were the only players spending their summer playing competitive summer ball. I think that the girls from Coffee played just as much if not more. Get ready for a competetive season.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one said anything about Tullahoma being tough to beat, but don't think that Duke and Jones were the only players spending their summer playing competitive summer ball. I think that the girls from Coffee played just as much if not more. Get ready for a competetive season.

Pretty much all of these girls spent their summer playing competitive travel ball. If they didn't, then they are probably wasting their time this spring trying to play high school ball. I'm not sure who had the best teams in 16U and 18U with girls that came out of this district, but I do know that Coffee County and Lawrence County had VERY good 14U teams.

Pretty much all of these girls spent their summer playing competetive travel ball. If they didn't, then they are probably waisting their time this spring trying to play high school ball. I'm not sure who had the best teams in 16U and 18U with girls that came out of this district, but I do know that Coffee County and Lawrence County had VERY good 14U teams.

I saw some pretty good 16U teams as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Like the last couple of years, this one is just too close to call. Depending on how everyone holds up through a long season, there are several teams that could win this district. If indeed Tullahoma is the pre-season favorite, that will be an unfamiliar spot for them. If the history of the last two or three years hold up, that isn't necessarily the best place to start. What it is going to boil down to, as it does every year, is how well the teams can shore up the line-ups because the loss of last years seniors as well as who gets the breaks throughout the year. GOOD LUCK.

Yes, that is true several teams could win. But for the past two years, CC has been knocked out of the District Tournament. This year they're not going to take it, so watch out for them. With a boatload of athletes, there is not telling how far they will go.

Good Luck to the rest of the teams though.

Should be interesting, in more ways than one!

We've heard all about Coffee Co and Tullahoma now - what about the other teams in the district? They all seemed to have gotten stronger at District tournament time last year. Anybody have comments about them? I know Shelbyville has all their starters back from last year and a new coach this year. How many of the other teams have most or all of their starters returning? From what I saw last year I wouldn't count any of these teams out!