DII Outlook

willbrenth

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBHS goes back to back...no questions asked....they have everyone returning except for their catcher and 2 starting pitchers...which have been respectively replaced.

wouldnt be quite so quick with that prediction. in '06, we were expected to walk through the state tournament and collect back-to-back titles after warranting a top 10 national ranking and going 37-1 during the regular season. well, that obviously didnt happen.

i do, however, agree they will be tops in the west region yet again.

wouldnt be quite so quick with that prediction. in '06, we were expected to walk through the state tournament and collect back-to-back titles after warranting a top 10 national ranking and going 37-1 during the regular season. well, that obviously didnt happen.

i do, however, agree they will be tops in the west region yet again.

Well said Duff. They will definitely be tough, but I have no doubt Etter will have Baylor ready for the challenge. I'm sure BGA, McCallie, and ECS will be right there in the end too. If you had to name a favorite I'd go with CBHS just because they only lost the Blake Forsythe (that is a big loss though) and a couple of senior pitchers, but this generally a tight league and anything could happen in the end.

What about Ryan, BA and MBA?

Living in Memphis I don't know too much about them on a regular basis just for lack of seeing them play. BA looked good in the state tournament, just had a tough bracket with Baylor and CBHS in there. Ryan didn't impress me nor did MBA really. If you know more then post it, I'd love to know more about how they are looking for this year.

Brentwood Academy will be the best D-II team in Middle Tennessee IMO. They have deep pitching led by Jacob STallings, 6-5 RHP throwing about 90-94 mph, a good hitting and defensive team led by Jordan Jones, a slick fielding infielder. Their closest competition will be BGA if Navery Moore can come back from Tommy John surgery. I suspect they will take it slow with Navery and he might not pitch much for them this year (he's already signed to Vanderbilt) but they have some other very good players. MBA will be good also, but Im not sure they will beat these two.

Brentwood Academy will be the best D-II team in Middle Tennessee IMO. They have deep pitching led by Jacob STallings, 6-5 RHP throwing about 90-94 mph, a good hitting and defensive team led by Jordan Jones, a slick fielding infielder. Their closest competition will be BGA if Navery Moore can come back from Tommy John surgery. I suspect they will take it slow with Navery and he might not pitch much for them this year (he's already signed to Vanderbilt) but they have some other very good players. MBA will be good also, but Im not sure they will beat these two.

im pretty sure everybody realizes ba has stallings and bga has moore, maybe, but what about their "role" players, the guys that arent the stars? it seems to me that most years Christian Brothers has better "non-studs" than most of the middle/east region teams...just my opinion based on experience and observation.

im pretty sure everybody realizes ba has stallings and bga has moore, maybe, but what about their "role" players, the guys that arent the stars? it seems to me that most years Christian Brothers has better "non-studs" than most of the middle/east region teams...just my opinion based on experience and observation.

I was only commenting on D-II in Middle Tennessee. Has Christian Bros moved east of the Tennessee River? Do they teach geography? How about the 3 grand divisions of Tennessee?

I expect Christian Bros to be the best team out of West Tennessee, they always are.

I was only commenting on D-II in Middle Tennessee. Has Christian Bros moved east of the Tennessee River? Do they teach geography? How about the 3 grand divisions of Tennessee?

I expect Christian Bros to be the best team out of West Tennessee, they always are.

no bud i was saying that from playing/watching the teams from the middle and east regions (ba, mba, bga, father ryan, mcallie, baylor, webb, etc.), they dont seem to have the same type or number of quality players coming off the bench that the Brothers seem to possess year in and year out.

CBHS BETTER BE THE BEST TEAM IN THE WEST.....THEY DON'T PLAY ANYBODY!!!!!!!!THE ONLY TEAM FROM WEST TN THAT I SEE IS A CHALLENGE IS USJ (AA)....I DON'T THEY (CBHS) CAN BEAT THEM!!!!!IT SHOULD BE A CAKE WALK FOR CBHS THIS YEAR,UNTIL THEY GET TO THE STATE AND SEE SOME GOOD TEAMS.