Cannon Co

cchssupporter

I have never had a reason to add anything on this message board to any topic, I do appreciate Coacht for allowing us to gain knowledge about opponents,and allow us to vent every now and then. With that being said-I signed up and I now feel that I should vent, and gain some knowledge on the very program I've supported for over 31 years!

A "meeting" was held at a local restaurant in Woodbury Saturday. I just learned this, this morning while eating my breakfast at another local restaurant. Can someone please tell me what the meeting was about?

I heard two different versions of what went on Saturday, and I will be a bigger person here and reserve my judgements and opinions until someone helps me out on this board, and explains to us fans who attend every game what went on. However, I will ask this-who has allowed a certain parent to be able to call such meetings? When was he ever noted as someone that should be trusted, or someone who's opinion should be valued? I will not name the name of the "ring leader" (as it was put to me this morning) of the person who orchestrated this meeting-we all know who that is.

If you are just as confused as I am, then please form your own opinions about what is going on in Cannon County. I believe that none of our opinions should matter, because it is Coach Johnson's program and his opinion is what counts. If someone should disagree with that comment than please feel free to enlighten me on why your views should be considered. As for me, I would rather support who we have now, not lose another quality coach like barger-who I know did have support but he still is leaving.

In closing, Coach Johnson keep up the great, hard work! I'm sure you understand that you can only coach the kids and not the parents. Those of us who are fans and no longer have kids in the program still appreciate you and really hope you don't worry about this pointless negativity. If its any consolation (IMO) this certain small group of parents would attempt to run your program or bash anyone who is in your position. Thanks again Coach Johnson, and someone please tell me that I have been mislead.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i also have heard 2 sides to this story...and i believe ...no i know that it was not a bash coach johnson meeting, but to gather the team together and get "everyone" on board for the stretch run of the season. This "TEAM" could do some damage "if" they come together, and sometimes it takes something or someone besides coach johnson, armstrong and dodgen to open their eyes up to that....but it is ultimately up to them to get it accomplished. i know they can do it! hang in there coach...

I have heard none of this but would like to speak up about Coach J. He is an outstanding basketball coach and person. I have worked closely with him and he is a man of tremendous character. I think he is heading in the right direction and the team will be ready for the tournament. Good Luck and Go Lions.

I couldn't agree more! That is what is so frustrating.

Also Bigtimer, I appreciate your opinion but I must disagree because "everyone" was not in attendance. I'm not sure if everyone was invited or not, so I will not speculate on that. But, on top of that, the fact is the "ring leader" was on the phone the majority of Saturday morning recieving other people's opinions of Coach Johnson, in an attempt to have some ammuniton to publicily bash him.

Again, Coach Johnson-keep up the good work!

i also have heard 2 sides to this story...and i believe ...no i know that it was not a bash coach johnson meeting, but to gather the team together and get "everyone" on board for the stretch run of the season. This "TEAM" could do some damage "if" they come together, and sometimes it takes something or someone besides coach johnson, armstrong and dodgen to open their eyes up to that....but it is ultimately up to them to get it accomplished. i know they can do it! hang in there coach...

Just a few questions from an outsider looking in. If this was not a coach bashing meeting, was he in attendence or better yet invited. As for getting "everyone" on board, was all the players there? The "TEAM" may could do some damage if the "TEAM" was left alone for the "COACH" to lead. And if it takes someone else besides the coaches to get the players on board, then the coach should give the players a little help. Ya'll have heard this before, it only takes one bad apple to ruin a bushel. Same goes for teams that make runs at the end of the year. The only way to save the bushel is to throw the bad apple out. I wonder how to save the team wanting to make a run late in the year? And for the "ring leader", how would it feel if one of your parents on your team called a "meeting" like this. Would it be to get everyone on board, or to bash you? Just wondering

from what i heard (and i know its the truth) the "meeting" had nothing to do with coach johnson and was just an attempt to get the boys back on the right track. After a brutual loss against york the night before, someone wanted to just try and keep the guys heads up and to get them to play better.

from what i heard (and i know its the truth) the "meeting" had nothing to do with coach johnson and was just an attempt to get the boys back on the right track. After a brutual loss against york the night before, someone wanted to just try and keep the guys heads up and to get them to play better.

I appreciate your opinion, but do you seriously believe this "had nothing to do with Coach Johnson"? It's his program and anyone who holds a Bball meeting has everything to do with him! The truth is that sory #3 has now arose: 2 different parents called a certain interested person and told them that " I attended the meeting, and it was only discussed how we should all be patient with "Nate"".

Again-Why should our "ring leader" hold such meetings? And if this was not to bash Coach Johnson and was to be patient w/ him, who cares if Mr. C says so, we should all be doing this (patient) anyway! "Stakd" please answer any of these questions. Including "Bigballa's" about everyone attending?

I couldn't agree more! That is what is so frustrating.

Also Bigtimer, I appreciate your opinion but I must disagree because "everyone" was not in attendance. I'm not sure if everyone was invited or not, so I will not speculate on that. But, on top of that, the fact is the "ring leader" was on the phone the majority of Saturday morning recieving other people's opinions of Coach Johnson, in an attempt to have some ammuniton to publicily bash him.

Again, Coach Johnson-keep up the good work!

Let me start by saying that I am a 100% supporter of Coach Johnson. From talking to him, I feel that he is a man of strong character who genuinely likes his team and wants to lead them in the right direction. I WOULD NOT be a part of a "coach bashing meeting". I was at the "meeting" and know the facts of what was said. First off, everyone, players and parents, were invited to the get-together. Coach Johnson, Coach Dodgen, and Coach Armstrong were all aware of the get-together and what it was about. There was only one varsity player or his parents that could not come, and a couple of JV players, but all were invited. Some players and parents showed up late because of the Football Banquet, but with the exceptions I just stated, everyone was represented. Not one time was anything derogatory or negative said about Coach Johnson. After the hard loss we suffered at York the night before, the boys were feeling down and defeated. We just wanted to let them know that we believed in them and supported them, no matter what. They just need to believe in themselves. We encouraged them to pull together as a team and make the end of the season a personal success. But it took everyone pulling together, doing their part, and we as parents would try to generate more spirit and enthusiasm in the crowd. We wanted this to be a positive thing, and it was in no way meant to bash Coach Johnson or get him fired. As a matter of fact, your so called "ringleader" was the biggest supporter of Coach Johnson and encouraged all of us to stand by him and show our support because he has a difficult job. We also are not out to "run the team" as you have stated. That is Coach Johnson's job. We just want to be the support our boys needed that night. Maybe you need to go back to your "source" and find out where they're getting their information, or what their motivation is. Sounds like to me there is a group out there just wanting to stir up trouble and think the worst of people--not being CCHSSUPPORTERS!! Yes, you have been misinformed. Keep up the good work Coach Johnson, and GO LIONS!!

Thank you for your reply. I assure you in no way am I attempting to "stir up trouble"! I want whats best for the team as much as you obviously do. Thank you also for speaking out and letting us know what is going on. I appreciate that! My only strong opinion I have on this situation is simply the fact that alot of negative talk surrounded this meeting and the motives for it, and I believe when certain people do certain things negativity will immediatly arise, whether they mean well or not. I know it is what is at times-negative talk, but I'm glad you spoke up. I will say that I'm still not too sure Coach Johnson was made known about the meeting, but I'll take your word for it. I did hear that one parent felt the need to exit the meeting early after making it known that he supported "Nate", so that does make u wonder if he/she did this, why did they feel the need to. If i'm misinformed there please let me know. Nonetheless, Thank you again for your help.

Yes, one parent did leave early, but we were still ordering something to eat and he had a group of teenagers at his house and only his wife was there, and he felt he had to get back. Things took awhile because we were waiting for the players and parents from the Football Banquet. He just wanted to state his support for the coach and we agreed with him, that this was in no way against the coach, but a pep talk for our boys. So you can see, there was nothing sinister in his leaving. Just family obligations. I hope from this incident that people who "hear things" will find out the facts before things get blown out of proportion. Thank you for your positive response. CCHS needs strong supporters and I hope that our fans will get behind these girls and boys who are representing our school and show them we care and believe in them. They have a hard schedule ahead, and they need all the encouragement, enthusiasm and spirit that we as fans can give them! GO LIONS!!