TNT Tournament 08

ut18vols

I understand Allons pulls players from all over Overton County. I was up this summer for a camp and I was told that other coaches are not happy with Allon's recruitment of their best players. If that is true, the arguement that the "enrollment is about 30 in eighth grade" is really a moot point.

And of course those unhappy campers have proof, right? Did they also say other kids do it at other schools?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, The Jr. Pioneers play Allons next Saturday in the 1A Championship. I got to Springfield early enough yesterday afternoon to see Allons play against McFadden. I think we can play with Allons but will have to play a great game. Allons has some heigth but so do the Jr. Pioneers. We got a kid 6'3 and 6'0 that can jump and shoot. The tall kid I saw from Allons yesterday was tall and could block shots but barely hit any shots and missed alot right under the basket. The left handed kid from Allons could shoot the ball well. We'll see how it goes next Saturday morning. Did Allons and Hilham play during the regular season? If so what were the scores?

Yes these two played at least 3 times with Allons winning all 3 by double digits twice I know, not sure when they played at Hilham. The tall one you are talking about must have been off a little because he is usually good for 20-25 a game. He is very athletic for his size at this age and I think will make some in noise in high school. His size does create alot of kids to alter their shot. The next tallest kid is little brother, who is in seventh grade and will make for good player at the next level as well. Which left hander are you talking about, the starters are right handed?

Sounds like it is going to be a good game, but I have to root for Allons. I will be in attendance for sure!

The left handed kid played almost the whole game. The tall kid from Allons, I believe, was in quite a bit of foul trouble. That kid was athletic for his size. Wait till you see #22 John Hudson from The Jr. Pioneers. Tall, athletic, can shoot, can play defense. Not being biased but easily the best boys player in Class 1A at TNT. He dropped 34 points in yesterdays win over Hilham. John is averaging over 35 PPG on the season, had 51 against former TNT Champions Rutherford, and has been doubled and tripled teamed constantly. I'll be in attendance as well and hopefully The Jr. Pioneers bring home a championship!

The left handed kid played almost the whole game. The tall kid from Allons, I believe, was in quite a bit of foul trouble. That kid was athletic for his size. Wait till you see #22 John Hudson from The Jr. Pioneers. Tall, athletic, can shoot, can play defense. Not being biased but easily the best boys player in Class 1A at TNT. He dropped 34 points in yesterdays win over Hilham. John is averaging over 35 PPG on the season, had 51 against former TNT Champions Rutherford, and has been doubled and tripled teamed constantly. I'll be in attendance as well and hopefully The Jr. Pioneers bring home a championship!

My kids go to Livingston, so thats why I can't remember the lefty. But, I do know the starters are righties.

And of course those unhappy campers have proof, right? Did they also say other kids do it at other schools?

They were just saying that's the way it works. What I gathered was Allons had good coaches and parents wanted their kids to play for them. Still, it's not like the school of 30 8th graders is having to find all these nice players in their own hallways.

They were just saying that's the way it works. What I gathered was Allons had good coaches and parents wanted their kids to play for them. Still, it's not like the school of 30 8th graders is having to find all these nice players in their own hallways.

Who is "they"? And now the coaches are good and the parents wanted their kids to play for them? Does that sound like recruitment? Did "they" say that all the starters have been at Allons since kindergarten? Do you know anything about Allons? Do you know the coaches? Do you know the "way it works"? Allons has been successful because of dedication by parents, kids, and the coaches to get better and talent. They probably have put more time in getting better than any boys team in the county over the last 8-10 years.

Who is "they"? And now the coaches are good and the parents wanted their kids to play for them? Does that sound like recruitment? Did "they" say that all the starters have been at Allons since kindergarten? Do you know anything about Allons? Do you know the coaches? Do you know the "way it works"? Allons has been successful because of dedication by parents, kids, and the coaches to get better and talent. They probably have put more time in getting better than any boys team in the county over the last 8-10 years.

"They" are like I said, coaches in Overton County and surrounding counties that compete with Allons.

AND, are you saying that all the players for Allons live in the Allons zone? And have done so for the last 8-10 years? That seems to be your implication but certainly NOT your words. If so, say it. If not, quit dancing around the issue with inane comments and no clarification.

Most would find it hard to believe a school with only 30 eighth graders could have the level of success in area tournaments Allons has had without some sort of 'outside' help.

All I was trying to do is refute your "private school" mentality that we do better with less.

Allons Roster

Logan Ramsey - Allons since Kindergarten

Chase Ferrell - Allons since Kindergarten

Colby Reeder - Allons since Kindergarten

Daniel Booher - Allons since Kindergarten

Mason Ramsey - Allons since Kindergarten

Beau Carr - Allons since Kindergarten

Hunter White - Allons since Kindergarten

Cody Jackson - Allons since Kindergarten

Ian Flowers - Allons since Kindergarten

Mitch Maynord - Allons since Kindergarten

Austin Hogue - Allons since Kindergarten

Cole White - Allons since 1st grade

Michael Reyes - Allons since 2nd or 3rd grade (from Florida, and not for basketball believe it or not)

If Allons is recruiting all of their players they must be getting them straight out of the cradle. They must have some amazing recruiters on their payroll.

Find another pot to stir.

Allons Roster

Logan Ramsey - Allons since Kindergarten

Chase Ferrell - Allons since Kindergarten

Colby Reeder - Allons since Kindergarten

Daniel Booher - Allons since Kindergarten

Mason Ramsey - Allons since Kindergarten

Beau Carr - Allons since Kindergarten

Hunter White - Allons since Kindergarten

Cody Jackson - Allons since Kindergarten

Ian Flowers - Allons since Kindergarten

Mitch Maynord - Allons since Kindergarten

Austin Hogue - Allons since Kindergarten

Cole White - Allons since 1st grade

Michael Reyes - Allons since 2nd or 3rd grade (from Florida, and not for basketball believe it or not)

If Allons is recruiting all of their players they must be getting them straight out of the cradle. They must have some amazing recruiters on their payroll.

Find another pot to stir.

I stand corrected.

AND, are you saying that all the players for Allons live in the Allons zone? And have done so for the last 8-10 years? That seems to be your implication but certainly NOT your words. If so, say it. If not, quit dancing around the issue with inane comments and no clarification.

Most would find it hard to believe a school with only 30 eighth graders could have the level of success in area tournaments Allons has had without some sort of 'outside' help.

No 'implication' here, I'M SAYING IT: Allons players "live in the Allons" community "and have done so for the last 8-10 years". For those who "find it hard to believe", ask the kids' parents and grandparents who've lived in the community much longer.

If you've ever been to Allons, the only "zones" you saw were their 1-2-2 and occasionally the 2-3.

And by 'outside' help, you must be referring to the times that the boys use the outside 'blacktop' court, while the girls' team is in the gym.

We should always get our facts straight.