Patrick Simpson going to Iraq

rigger101

I understand through the grapevine that Patrick Simpson will be leaving for Iraq very soon.

I know all of us are focused on State Duals and Individual State at this time of year.

However we need to keep in our thoughts the young men and women serving our Country in the Armed Forces.

Many of us on CoachT have "Seen the elephant' served our Country or have loved ones in harms way at this time or will be in the near future. Those of us who have served know what Patrick Simpson and others will face and what kind of young person it takes to give of themselves

I commend this young man for his sacrifice and courage to serve his nation. The skills and the courage shown on the mat are needed to lead men and women in times of war.

I give thanks and praise for his family for producing young men who have the courage and heart to serve their Nation.

Let??™s honor our military

The men and women who serve,

Whose dedication to our country

Does not falter, halt or swerve.

Let??™s respect them for their courage;

They??™re ready to do what??™s right

To keep America safe,

So we can sleep better at night.

Let??™s support and defend our soldiers,

Whose hardships are brutal and cruel,

Whose discipline we can??™t imagine,

Who follow each order and rule.

Here??™s to those who choose to be warriors

And their helpers good and true;

They??™re fighting for American values;

They??™re fighting for me and you.

By Joanna Fuchs

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand through the grapevine that Patrick Simpson will be leaving for Iraq very soon.

I know all of us are focused on State Duals and Individual State at this time of year.

However we need to keep in our thoughts the young men and women serving our Country in the Armed Forces.

Many of us on CoachT have "Seen the elephant' served our Country or have loved ones in harms way at this time or will be in the near future. Those of us who have served know what Patrick Simpson and others will face and what kind of young person it takes to give of themselves

I commend this young man for his sacrifice and courage to serve his nation. The skills and the courage shown on the mat are needed to lead men and women in times of war.

I give thanks and praise for his family for producing young men who have the courage and heart to serve their Nation.

Let??™s honor our military

The men and women who serve,

Whose dedication to our country

Does not falter, halt or swerve.

Let??™s respect them for their courage;

They??™re ready to do what??™s right

To keep America safe,

So we can sleep better at night.

Let??™s support and defend our soldiers,

Whose hardships are brutal and cruel,

Whose discipline we can??™t imagine,

Who follow each order and rule.

Here??™s to those who choose to be warriors

And their helpers good and true;

They??™re fighting for American values;

They??™re fighting for me and you.

By Joanna Fuchs

God Bless and Speed!

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

My clan that's there is:

WO3 Steve Pope

In the wings waiting to go E-5 Mathew Thomas. Mathew is finishing up his Spec Ops training at

Bt Bragg and is learing Arabic now.

So far my family has had 3 go into the sand Bx and return to their love ones. I pray for the safe return of all our young men and woman and their leaders.

Erick Waage, Science Hill's 2002 State Champ at 171 pounds, graduated from West Point in May. During his time there, he became one of the chosen few to complete the Basic Airborne course. He has completed Infantry Officer Basic course and recently passed phase one of Ranger school.

He is scheduled to deploy to Iraq in June, contingent on his successful completion of the Ranger course.

I got a note from him a couple of weeks ago. He closed by saying "I know I'll make it through Ranger school because I was a wrestler-a Science Hill wrestler."

As the world continues to move on and concepts like honor, responsibility, loyalty, and patriotism are belittled and denigrated, it is good to know that there are still guys like Patrick and Erick out there willing to step up and do their bit for our country.

AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Sorry Jon, but this is different....

P.S.S. Former Topper wrestlers Reid Kirkpatrick and Neil Cooper have served in Iraq and returned safe home.

Patrick attended the Father Ryan / MBA match last night, and there was a touching prayer noting his deployment. He was then introduced and received a standing ovation. Please keep Patrick and all the other young men and women in our armed forces in your prayers.

Patrick , you may already know this but Nate Rawlings former Baylor and Princeton heavyweight will be going back to Iraq for a second tour (currently Ft. Hood leaving I think Feb.) -I do know last go around he was stationed @ the Bagdad airport - Thank You and good luck!-- JIm T.