Coffee County

TowMater

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pippenger is not a finalist for the job. He did interview though. Maybe he would be a good fit but I would like someone that at LEAST has coordinator experience at a big program. Sam Melton is not in the running either so forget about that. Still at least one more interview this week - A coach at Notre Dame, I can't remember his name though? Coy Sisk, current defensive coordinator, I believe has an outside shot. Also, administration called Eddie Nunley asking him if he would be interested....he is another possibility but I'm not sure if he will want it if Sisk is still in the running considering the friendship between the two. I would like to see Nunley get the job or come back to be an assistant under Sisk. And I have heard a lot of good things about the guy from Notre Dame (sorry I just can't remember his name). So we will see. I think Duvall wants a hire finalized by Feb. 15.

Pippenger is not a finalist for the job. He did interview though. Maybe he would be a good fit but I would like someone that at LEAST has coordinator experience at a big program. Sam Melton is not in the running either so forget about that. Still at least one more interview this week - A coach at Notre Dame, I can't remember his name though? Coy Sisk, current defensive coordinator, I believe has an outside shot. Also, administration called Eddie Nunley asking him if he would be interested....he is another possibility but I'm not sure if he will want it if Sisk is still in the running considering the friendship between the two. I would like to see Nunley get the job or come back to be an assistant under Sisk. And I have heard a lot of good things about the guy from Notre Dame (sorry I just can't remember his name). So we will see. I think Duvall wants a hire finalized by Feb. 15.

Duvall has good contacts with the Chatt area and the ND coach. I am glad Melton will not be the coach.