District 8-A/AA

timbdp

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portland will be hosting a "play day" which will be formatted so that each team will play each other in 40 min incrimints. It will be a great chance to see what the district will be bringing to the table this year. The only down side is that White House will be unable to participate due to priorly arranged scrimmages. But as far as predictions I'd say this season will fall the way it has the last two years Station Camp, White House, Portland as the top 3 in no particular order. but don't count out Merrol Hyde they had a very tallented squad last year that will have built upon their successes to be a contender this year.

I think the "play day" will be a good indicator of how the district will play out later in the season but I wouldn't put too much into it. expect a lot of teams to be moving a lot of players around to see what works best. And we'll probably see a lot of players come off the bench also. The teams will also have to adjust to different playing styles as they'll be playing different teams. like I said, it will be a good indicator but don't put your money on it. It is unfortunate that white house won't be attending though

This district has pulled off wins in some close games at Livingston Academy in regions the past two years. Anyone see that happening again with any of these teams?

District 8 is more than capable of coming out on top like they have the last two years. Besides LA no other team in that district has been able to compete with district 8 teams, losing by 3+ margains in the Region Semi-Finals. but by the look of it the district 8 tournament runner-up will have their hands full with the LA but still be very capable of advancing to the Region Final. Does anybody know of any regular season match ups between these two districts?

District 8 is more than capable of coming out on top like they have the last two years. Besides LA no other team in that district has been able to compete with district 8 teams, losing by 3+ margains in the Region Semi-Finals. but by the look of it the district 8 tournament runner-up will have their hands full with the LA but still be very capable of advancing to the Region Final. Does anybody know of any regular season match ups between these two districts?

I tend to agree with soccerfreak on this one. while district 8 may be considered a weak district, they bring some strong teams to the table. LA always has a talented team and as always has a chance to get to the regional finals but district 8 is looking to bring at least 2 or 3 very strong teams. but this poses the question, is anyone bold enough to endorse one of the three top dogs of district 8? station camp, portland, or white house? I'm also very eager to see how merryl hyde does this year

The only district 8 vs. district 7 matchups that I am aware of is the first week of the season at the Bison Cup. LA vs. Stationcamp. This one has been very close the past three years, resulting in ties and wins by PKs, and should be interesting. However, it may be too early to make region tournament predictions by. Dekalb County has certainly been getting better each year, but not sure if they can compete with district 8 teams yet, or if they have even scheduled any games with them. But yeah. I look forward to a heated region tournament. Each season has been consistently exciting and this year should be no different.

I'm very interested to see how station camp does this year. they have lost a lot of talented seniors from last year. I've seen a few of their players in some indoor tournaments they've competed in and I'm sure they can do better. it makes things interesting. Portland has also lost a lot of seniors. I think they lost two or three seniors that went on to play at a collegiate level. They do however, bring back center mid groft but we'll have to see how that turns out. White house didn't lose much. they were a pretty young team but they did lose their district mvp. This year is gonna be fun. can't wait to see it. as for LA, I'd love to see them play white house or portland but I'll have to wait until region to see that possibility

Station camp will always put a talented team on the field, true they did lose the core of their team to graduation last year but they will be bringing young talent back to be a contender. White house i'm pretty sure didn't graduate to many seniors and have a very talented centermid who played for TN United 90. NAME??? but portland lost 4 seniors, 3 of them to NAIA colligate soccer and 2 exchange students all of which were part of a strong core to last years team. but they are returning All-state, div.1 signee, elias groft who along with 5 other returning seniors will be sure to put Portland in the top three of 8A-AA

Station camp will always put a talented team on the field, true they did lose the core of their team to graduation last year but they will be bringing young talent back to be a contender. White house i'm pretty sure didn't graduate to many seniors and have a very talented centermid who played for TN United 90. NAME??? but portland lost 4 seniors, 3 of them to NAIA colligate soccer and 2 exchange students all of which were part of a strong core to last years team. but they are returning All-state, div.1 signee, elias groft who along with 5 other returning seniors will be sure to put Portland in the top three of 8A-AA

The midfielder for White House you're thinking of is Zach Trobaugh.

What school has Groft signed to play for?