wait and see

mclovin008

a 4.7 60 would have to be the fastest time ever. period. Now a 4.7 40, that is a different story. That is quick but not impressive fast.

did you not read who it was. It was Clark Kent aka Superman. I witnessed the 4.7 60...does it disqualify you if you fly through it? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree. I've played with some catchers who weren't the quickest, nor the strongest, but their toughness made them pretty good catchers. Accuracy is as important, if not more, than time. If the middle infielder doesn't catch it at the bag, what difference does it make how fast it gets there?Also, remember that a good pitcher can make a catcher look great. If the pitcher holds the runner close, then catcher has a better shot. And if a pitcher doesn't throw ten balls in the dirt in a game, the catcher has tons of more energy.

Yes, that is a very good point..the kind of pitcher you have. and I would have to agree with you that accuracy is more important than your time.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a 4.7 60 would have to be the fastest time ever. period. Now a 4.7 40, that is a different story. That is quick but not impressive fast.

well, for a catcher.. a 4.7 in the 40 is impressive if you ask me.. i saw this kid at a couple of camps this summer.. his arm appears to even better now.. one of the radar guns said 91 but, im taking the average from all the guns put together..

im just going by the peoples clocks.. thats what they said.. soo, im going with it.. im telling you.. this kid is impressive

Idk here guy. I don't mean any disrespect but I'd say a 1.2 is quite impossible. I don't think there's ever been anyone under 1.4 or 1.5...but may be that's just me in my small world. If 1.2 is true, I'll be watching Mr. Pegram on TV in a few years.

As for the Forty-time... That's respectable. I never ran lower than a 4.67 in high school and I had no trouble bunting my way on and I stole my fair share of bases. It's all about how you hussle.

Glencliff isnt known for their baseball players much.. but, ill give everyone someone to look out for.. he's a 6'0 200 pound senior.. a cannon for a arm, a 1.2 second release, can hum the ball to second at 86 mph, and batted over .500 the whole year last year.. and not to mention he runs a 4.7

Before ripping this comment I think you should look at what was said. A release time and a POP time are different ??“ release time is the time from the ball being received (hits the mitt) till it is in the air to second. The average high school players release time would be around .85 to .90 seconds a great time is .45 to .50. The average good High School POP time (time starts when the ball hits the catchers mitt and stops when it hits the fielders mitt) is 2.05 to 2.15 many good HS catchers record sub 2.0 POPs. College catchers are usually 1.90 to 2.00; Pro catchers are 1.70 to 1.85 and accurate. Pudge Rodriguez is reported to have had 1.65 game POPs.

So a 1.2 release would not be special, 85mph from the catchers position would be very good - normally a kid that throws 90 from a mound would throw 3-5mph or more slower from the catchers position, so if we believe what is written this kid does have a cannon. Hitting .500 is good at any level, and a 4.7 (40) would be great for a catcher, a 4.7 (60) would be great for the Greek god Mercury.

However, If the kid is accurate with his throws with a little quicker release, and he knows how to block-up left handed curve balls or sliders that find dirt in front of the plate, and he can receive the ball with the ease that gives the pitcher confidence in whatever they throw, and he knows the hitters so he can call a good game, and he is not afraid to lead. He could be a prospect

Before ripping this comment I think you should look at what was said. A release time and a POP time are different ??“ release time is the time from the ball being received (hits the mitt) till it is in the air to second. The average high school players release time would be around .85 to .90 seconds a great time is .45 to .50. The average good High School POP time (time starts when the ball hits the catchers mitt and stops when it hits the fielders mitt) is 2.05 to 2.15 many good HS catchers record sub 2.0 POPs. College catchers are usually 1.90 to 2.00; Pro catchers are 1.70 to 1.85 and accurate. Pudge Rodriguez is reported to have had 1.65 game POPs.

So a 1.2 release would not be special, 85mph from the catchers position would be very good - normally a kid that throws 90 from a mound would throw 3-5mph or more slower from the catchers position, so if we believe what is written this kid does have a cannon. Hitting .500 is good at any level, and a 4.7 (40) would be great for a catcher, a 4.7 (60) would be great for the Greek god Mercury.

However, If the kid is accurate with his throws with a little quicker release, and he knows how to block-up left handed curve balls or sliders that find dirt in front of the plate, and he can receive the ball with the ease that gives the pitcher confidence in whatever they throw, and he knows the hitters so he can call a good game, and he is not afraid to lead. He could be a prospect

all this information is true.. as far as i know, he has caught about 60% of his balls from left handed pitchers.. soo, thats a plus. he's more of your scoop type catcher.. ive never seen him miss a ball, unless its way above his head or way outside.. he's definately stout.. he knows how to block the ball and as well the plate.. i wouldnt wanna be a runner coming down third knowing he had the ball..

im not to sure how many looks he'll be getting going to glencliff and all.. but, if a couple colleges can get out there and take a look.. it would probably be a steal for any college..

all this information is true.. as far as i know, he has caught about 60% of his balls from left handed pitchers.. soo, thats a plus. he's more of your scoop type catcher.. ive never seen him miss a ball, unless its way above his head or way outside.. he's definately stout.. he knows how to block the ball and as well the plate.. i wouldnt wanna be a runner coming down third knowing he had the ball..

im not to sure how many looks he'll be getting going to glencliff and all.. but, if a couple colleges can get out there and take a look.. it would probably be a steal for any college..

well in my opinion i like my catchers to catch 100% of the balls, not just 60%. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

well in my opinion i like my catchers to catch 100% of the balls, not just 60%. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I guess that's why they call it "Catching", not "Missing"... but yeah, 60% ain't bad, but what 60% are we talking about? Every pitch, or just dirt balls? I'd say an All-State type catcher should block at least 85% of dirt balls.