9AAA District Match-ups

MJ AND BEYOND

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm like you...I'm afraid to count my chickens before they are hatched. I know what your counting on...if the Lady Bears beat Wilson Central on Tuesday night then MJ, WC and Smyrna will all have 2 district loses.

I'm very curious myself about your question. Since the District 9-AAA tournament is at MJ, it could be big for the Lady Bears.

Someone please answer this question.

Well I'm like you...I'm afraid to count my chickens before they are hatched. I know what your counting on...if the Lady Bears beat Wilson Central on Tuesday night then MJ, WC and Smyrna will all have 2 district loses.

I'm very curious myself about your question. Since the District 9-AAA tournament is at MJ, it could be big for the Lady Bears.

Someone please answer this question.

Yes, not only could each have two losses but one each to each other (home serve would have held)

Help!

Yes, not only could each have two losses but one each to each other (home serve would have held)

Help!

My understanding is that it goes to a 3 way coin flip. Odd man out is the 1st seed, then the 2 remaining coaches flip again for 2nd and 3rd seed. This information is not coming from a TSSAA rule book.

It just doesn't seem right or fair that it boils down to a coin flip. Why not margin of victory against each other or largest crowd size...just does not seem fair to the players and coaches that it is decided by luck of a coin toss.

Any how it still is mute unless the Lady Bears beat Central on Tuesday. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

In 15AAA we use the SEC tie-breaker.

1. Head to head

2. How you fared against the higher seeds

3. Coin flip.

Any time someone is eliminated you start over.

i believe this is correct procedure for it but you can go to the SEC web site and probably find it.

Now that is how it should be. Why isn't it across the board? Why does 'GOD' (TSSAA) allow different rules for different districts? I may be out of the loop buy sanction rules should be across the board...like the SEC or any other league.

It should never come down to a lucky coin toss unless you have exhausted all other means.

You have to understand the purpose of the TSSAA. It is not to dictate what schools do. It is to attempt that we all compete on an even playing field, that one school or school systems doesn't gain a advantage over others so that we can all enjoy high school sports. I.E. the Brentwood Academy debacle. Their rules are adopted through input form schools. TSSAA by-laws don't change unless enough schools see the need for a change. Once a given area has decided on a tie-breaker in this case, if you do something different later many would cry unfair. I agree the TSSAA should go to a uniform tiebreaker.

In Wrestling last week our team was knocked out of the Duals by scoring fewer points in the first period. the other team had two wrestlers score more in the first period and were later pinned. It didn't matter they scored more early.