Marion 64 @ Whitwell 61

MCRoadWarrior

Ok all u Marion fans listen up, your team isn??™t good at all. Before every game I hear yall giving them a chance with teams like Howard, CCS, and Hixson. Just give it up. They might beat Whitwell but they aren??™t going very far in the districts. Sorry to be the one to break this to yall.

Keep making those negative statements please. This makes great reading material for inspiring a team. Just remember, Marion has finished in the outhouse the last two years, and they won't finish there this year for sure. But who knows where they will finish this year. They have capable players, and the best thing is that they will all be back next year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As for tonight, I hear the Duck Call Choir will be in full uniform with some new lyrics to play!

Go Warriors!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60-64 Marion

64-61. dustin chance missed a three at the buzzer to tie. Great game. Both teams played hard and the atmosphere was better than i have seen in a long time. Tough loss for whitwell. Keep your heads up guy. Cody had a great tip dunk and another dunk at the end of the game to put them up two. Jaspers student section had the na na na hey hey goodbye chant going on with a minute left. Pretty funny how they were quiet when there was 5 seconds they were up two and whitwell was shooting two free throws. but congrats to jasper on a hard fought game

condra quit talkin smack about a schools student section when they went into whitwell gym and marion turned it into their own gym...its an unwritten rule not to talk smack after your team just lost..just give marion credit for a good game and being able to win the close game and move on /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

there is no doubt about Marion county's duck call choir student section they are the loudest an rowdiest around

I can say this and I can say it because I went to Marion but have a kid that goes to Whitwell. I was looking forward to this Duck Call Choir thing. It is always great when students get into the game and get organized like that. I will say that I was disappointed in their actions during the girls' game but was glad to see that Coach Ellis showed class in going over there and from my vantage point telling the Choir to start showing theirs. I will chalk it up to kids being kids but they do need to remember that while supporting their school they are also representing it. In the end it was a great night for rivalry basketball in the valley, both sides gave all they had and the fans of both schools were totally into it. I have to give the Whitwell student section props for the Rainbow Warriors thing. I think Marion has the potential to be a very good team in the future but I will leave it at potential for now. It will all be how they evolve as individual players and as a team. The future should be very bright for the next couple of years if they work hard and Coach Keef learns as he goes along as he is a young coach in experience terms. On the Duck Call Choir thing, I hope to see them in the future but without the "potty mouths". LOL!!