DISTRICT 10AA STANDINGS

4MUSTANGS

WITH MARSHALL CO AND LEWIS CO LOCKING UP 1ST AND 2ND PLACE. THE REAL RACE WILL BE FOR THIRD, FOURTH AND FIFTH PLACE BETWEEN HICKMAN CO., LORETTO AND GILES CO. HICKMAN AND LORETTO ARE TIED WITH 7-5 RECORDS, GILES IS RIGHT BEHIND AT 6-6. HICKMAN HAS EAST HICKMAN AND LEWIS CO. LEFT ON THEIR SCHEDULE. LORETTO HAS GILES AND LEWIS CO. ON THEIRS. AND GILES HAS LORETTO AND PAGE. EACH TEAM HAS A CHANCE TO WIN THIRD OR FOURTH PLACE AND HOST A FIRST ROUND DISTRICT TOURNAMENT GAME. AND ALL THREE STILL HAVE A CHANCE AT LOSING BOTH GAMES AND TRAVELING AS THE FIFTH PLACE SEED. WHAT ARE EVERYONES PREDICTIONS FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS OF DISTRICT ACTION?

Here are the remaing district games for all the teams:

Friday, Feb. 1:

Marshall Co. at East Hickman - Marshall wins

Lewis Co. at Hickman Co. - Lewis wins

Giles Co. at Loretto - Hard prediction, but I think Loretto has the home court advantage.

Page at Spring Hill - No pick as I might jinx Page

Tuesday, Feb. 5:

Spring Hill at Marshall Co. - Marshall wins

Loretto at Lewis Co. - Lewis wins

Page at Giles Co. - No pick as I might jinx Page

East Hickman at Hickman - Hickman wins

As far as the #1 and #2 seeds, it appears that a coin toss will decide between MC and LC

#3, #4, and #5 seeds are somewhat undecided to me, but I'll guess HC, Loretto, and GC.

#6 Page, #7 SH, #8 EH.

Just my 2 cents.

Hello to all. Its going to be a close race for the 3,4,& 5 spots. The Lady Mustangs have fought hard all year and have worked double time to overcome a terrible season from last year along with much adversity having been thrown their direction this season as well, with sickness, injuries, etc. Congrats on a GREAT season and all your hard work. Come out ready to fight tooth and nail to prove that Loretto girl's basketball program is turned around and heading back in the right direction. Prediction: Loretto 3rd, Hickman 4th, Giles 5th.

Go Lady Mustangs!!!

Thanks for your input, blackngold. Loretto should be playing better come tournament time as Freshman Abby Laws has returned to the lineup after being injured in the Christmas tournament in Alabama. Abby had averaged close to 14 pts per game in district games prior to her injury and should have a positive influence the remainder of the season and into the post season. Several players stepped up their play during her absence including Heather Duncan, Kinsley Williams, Becca Curtis. We'll see how they do against Giles Co. on Fri., Feb. 1 and Lewis Co. on Tues., Feb 5 and if they can host a game on Feb. 11 in the 1st round of the district tournament. Loretto plays well at home most of the time so whoever their opponent is had better be ready to play.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> As the Regular Season ends and the District Tournament starts, its a new ballgame. The Regular Season doesn't count and and all scores start at zero. The teams that make it out of the District Tournaments and to the Regionals and beyond, will be the teams that show each game playing as a team and with determination and domination. Best of luck to all the teams, but my heart belongs to the Marshall County Tigerettes! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

They are a strong team who, if they play as a team, and each individual player brings their A game, should go far - they control their own destiny!

Always bring your A Game, B the best, and C what happens!

NOW THINGS ARE REALLY TIGHT IN THE 3RD PLACE DISTRICT10AA. GILES, HICKMAN AND LORETTO ALL HAVE IDENTICAL 7-6 DISTRICT RECORDS WITH ONE GAME REMAINING EACH.

GILES WILL PLAY PAGE, HICKMAN WILL PLAY EAST HICKMAN, AND LORETTO TRAVELS TO LEWIS CO. AS FOR THE TIE BREAKERS, ALL THREE TEAMS HAVE 0-2 RECORDS AGAINST MARSHALL CO, AND HICKMAN AND GILES HAVE 0-2 RECORDS AGAINST LEWIS. LORETTO HAS AND 0-1 AGAINST LEWIS. ALL THREE TEAMS SPLIT WITH EACH OTHER 1-1. HICKMAN FINISHED 2-0 AGAINST PAGE, LORETTO SPLIT WITH PAGE 1-1. GILES IS 1-0 AGAINST PAGE.

Marshall Co. beat East Hickman by 60 tonight, 76-16. The lead was 40 at the half.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Congratulations to the Marshall County Tigerettes on your District win Friday Night. The score would indicate that the starters played the entire game. However, the coaches started clearing the bench early in the 3rd quarter, everyone had a chance to play. I was very impressed with the Tigerette Defense and their team play. They played with intensity and played exceptional team ball. There were 10 players who scored last night. The Tigerette team that I have seen during the last several games is the team that made to the State in the "Boro". Keep up the great work ladies and keep your eyes on the Prize! Much Love to each of you! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

SUCCESS COMES FROM HARD WORK, DETERMINATION AND MOTIVATION!