Everything Pickett Co. here on out

7asuperfan

Actually it is Parris. Also the list I put up is not my top ten list of the best players at Pickett County. That is the all time scoring list from a 2005 Pickett County basketball history stat book (with the exception of J. Wright). There is no way I could put together a list as there are too many great ones to make one top ten list and everyone agree to it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I was around when Steve Asberry and also when Jerry Kinchen played. You talk about being a threat to score!!!!!!!!!!!!! now those two ole boys could light it up every night!!!!!!!!! How would you liked to have been chosen to guard one of those guys by your coach knowing that as soon as they crossed the half court line they would shoot it and make it. The night at York when Steve hit for 51, there's no telling how many he would have scored if the 3pt basket had been in effect. He would have had at least 60 maybe even more. His career mark would have been much higher as well!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I heard they could flick it from anywhere, I've heard that my whole life. Steve was my coach back in jr. high, and all you heard around here was how good him and Kinch were back in the day, the funny thing is that, if they kept up with assists at PC back then, or now for that matter, my dad would probably be top 5 all-time. From what he says, him and steve were the only offense after Kinch graduated, steve and dad were in the same grade, he said if he could get it to steve, he would make it. From what I hear, if Kinch didn't have 30 or 40 a night, PC never had a chance. I know that Steve's single game scoring record stood until 2002, when Aaron broke it, ironically on Steve's birthday. That was the same game, that when Aaron left, he had out scored Livingston Acad by himself.

Who was your Dad? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

ALSO: There is a big big rivarly that exists between AlBinny and Pickett Co. Remember in 1978 or 79 when Bobby Storie left Pickett and went to Clinton Co. I'm not sure but I still think there is bad blood around over that! Am I right?

I can't give that out, then everyone would know me. Oh there is always bad blood between the two school. PC students hate Clinton Co. and vise versa. I have no idea about 70's ball. But in the past 15 years, Jason Gibson went over there to play ball, he might have been the the missing key to Aaron and John winning a couple of state championships, even though he was a year behind them. He was so athletic, he was really what that team coulda used in Aaron and John's senior year. Also we got one of theirs, Nathan Groce, transferred over to PC in 5th grade, he helped PC jr high beat Clinton Co. middle school every time we played them from 6th grade to 8th grade. He also helped PC to state in 05. So their is some bad blood. Also the othe Gibson going over their and coming back. And the Garner girls going over and coming back. Their is definately bad blood. Always talk of a fight after the games between the students. It's crazy.

Van Buren should have a large following make the trip Friday night. In the last two years, we have had several games that we have out numbered the home team. I know that won't be the case at Pickett Co. But I was dissappointed at the small number of fans you guys brought to Van Buren back in December. I'm sure the ol' wheelhouse will be packed. By the way, why do you call it that?

Van Buren should have a large following make the trip Friday night. In the last two years, we have had several games that we have out numbered the home team. I know that won't be the case at Pickett Co. But I was dissappointed at the small number of fans you guys brought to Van Buren back in December. I'm sure the ol' wheelhouse will be packed. By the way, why do you call it that?

Umm I'm not one-hundred percent sure but our gym is named after Wheeler Hassler. So I have always just assumed we call it the wheel house because of him. But like I said I'm not sure.

The name of the gym is Wheeler Hassler Memorial Gymanism, it was dedicated to Wheeler back in 04-05 because of his love for the game and all he did for the students he coached. and well, Wheeler Hassler Memorial Gymanism is a little too much to type, so I just started calling it the "Wheelhouse", I guess cause it kinda sounds like a field house (don't actually remember how I got that) and its stuck ever since. Actually the amount of fans we brought to Van Buren was pretty good for us. PC travels better to LA, Clinton Co, York, and Clay Co. just bigger rivalry games for our fans. Plus that game was right around christmas and most of the students had finals, but that crowd wasn't too bad for a non-district game and a not so big rivalry yet.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Are you guys drawing the large crowds like when you had the twin towers Ken Delong and Tracy Curtiss? Back in the day there used to be some bitter rivals. I think that was the year that the dist tourney was at Tech and ole VBC took up every seat in about 3 whole sections. There wasn't anyone left in VBC they were at the game. Ha Ha! Something about a fight game with Upperman???? I also remember the time that Upperman beat Gordonsville and as the bus pulled away from the school a gordonsville fan fired shots into the bus. Yes, the good ole tri lakes conference used to have some great times. 11 teams in one district, with 20 conference games anyone could win it or lose it! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I don't know if the crowds now are that big, but we do travel pretty well. Twenty-five year ago, there just wasn't much to do except go to ballgames. And winning teams sure do draw bigger crowds.

I just read the post about the PC/Clinton Ky game. Do we need to bring some refs with us tonight? I can't believe that many fouls was called. Did the players actually foul or where the refs just making it up? Kinda sounds like the refs we had at Harriman during the Christmas tournaments. They where plain awful!! Hopefully we will have a better crew tonight.

I just read the post about the PC/Clinton Ky game. Do we need to bring some refs with us tonight? I can't believe that many fouls was called. Did the players actually foul or where the refs just making it up? Kinda sounds like the refs we had at Harriman during the Christmas tournaments. They where plain awful!! Hopefully we will have a better crew tonight.

No idea who the refs were but they weren't very good to put it nice. I think the TSSAA forgot that this was a very big game and sent a sub par officiating crew. Their were probably 40 to 45 actual fouls in the game. Too many touch fouls early and Clinton co likes to play very physical basketball and that didn't help them. Any crew would be better than this one.