fiscon

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got this out of the chronicle from day 1 of the regionals

Clarksville wrestlers takes early team lead in tourney

Wildcats have a 26-point lead on second-place Kenwood in Region 9 Individuals

After a disappointing state dual tournament last week, Clarksville High responded with a strong showing in the first round of the Region 9 Individual Tournament tonight at Rossview High School.

The Wildcats finished the opening round in first place with 89.5 points while Kenwood is a distant second (63). Dickson County is third, in the 12-team tournament, with 60 points, followed by Northwest (58), Rossview (55), Harpeth (52), Sycamore (41), Montgomery Central (38.5), Creek Wood (27), Northeast (25) Cheatham County (24) and Fairview (4).

???We look pretty good this week,??? Clarksville coach Jeff Jordan said. ???I was proud of Will (Rainey) and Matt (Rabbitt) because they had to battle through some things.???

Rainey tore his knee prior to the state duals two weeks ago and is essentially wrestling with only one leg. Yet Rainey advanced to today??™s semifinals at 130 pounds where he will take on Northeast??™s Michael Harmon. Rabbitt (at 152 pounds) has been ill but managed to get past Fairview??™s Dylan Kotch Friday to face Sycamore??™s James Eichel today.

The semifinal matches are scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. Saturday with the championship matches to follow. For more on this story, check out Saturday's edition of The Leaf-Chronicle.

I did not attend nor did I graduate from Clarksville High. I just know how weak the rest of region 9 is this year. Even in a down year, CHS will dominate this competition because they seek out tough competition all year, unlike the other teams.

You know I will agree with you clarksville does dominate even in an off year but it is not because of them going out to seek tougher tournaments. Its the coaching Jeff Jordan is the man and this is coming from a Kenwood Wrestler from 8 years ago. As far as the rest of the region being weak I cant disagree with you becuase I dont have a clue this year but anything between 99-03 is a different story.

CHS will dominate this competition because they seek out tough competition all year, unlike the other teams.

Very obvious you do not know what you're talking about, have you ever seen the schedule of the other teams in this region. Give the credit to Coach Jordan and his program, but educate yourself before you make any more ignorant comments. There are some very good wreslters in this region and they didn't get that way by dodging tough competition.

I truely enjoy reading the post here on Coacht, and I try to make it a point not to respond to statements; even those that are irresponsible. But I found in an earlier post some statements that I find hard to ignore. We appearantly have a few "Kool-Aid" drinkers for the Clarksville wrestling program that see fit to prop the Clarksville wrestling program up on a pedastal, and bash every other wrestling program in region 9. Now I have nothing but the highest respect for Coach Jordan and the Clarksville wrestling team, and I know these guys who are posting this garbage do not speak for the Wildcat's program. But for them to make rediculous comments like every other team in region 9 is weak is an insult to every wrestler and coach in the region, and I think they owe every coach and wrestler an apology for those statements. I do not consider Northwest, Kenwood, Harpeth, Rossview, Dickson, or any other program to be weak. Region 9 has is one of the toughest in the state. I would hope that these two "well informed" experts on all of region 9 would denounce their comments and make some sort of an apology.

CHS will dominate this competition because they seek out tough competition all year, unlike the other teams.

Very obvious you do not know what you're talking about, have you ever seen the schedule of the other teams in this region. Give the credit to Coach Jordan and his program, but educate yourself before you make any more ignorant comments. There are some very good wreslters in this region and they didn't get that way by dodging tough competition.

Is my comment really that ignorant? and unfortunately due to being in the military and out of the state I dont have time to sit on my butt and look at the schedules like you. I never said I didnt think quality of competion isnt important just that coaching is more important. Im sure there are wrestlers that dont get to go to the tougher bigger tournaments but go to regionals and state and still get the better of the kids that do...... Not really trying to argue just wanted to give Mr. Jordan his credit