Columbia Central

BASEBALLFAN11

Janay was sick not suspended! Check with the ER in Clarksville on Sunday night before you repeat what you read in the newspaper. Media makes mistakes if you didn't know!

Those low down newspaper reporters, they have done it again. I'm heading down to the ER right now. I'm sure they will release the records of everyone that's been through the ER. Get real. Why would they make up a suspension story?

The media makes mistakes, but everything posted on a sports message board is the absolute gospel truth.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to reiterate my earlier sentiment that this is a question of integrity. Even if the coach was the worst in the history of high school sports, a person should not quit their team this late in the season. Go ahead and talk about the coach, complain, whatever you feel is necessary, but don't quit on your TEAMMATES. They are the ones you are letting down.

Now I know that some of you who are close to the situation are going to come back and say "oh but her team supports her decision" but I don't see any of the rest of them quitting. Why? Because they have chosen to stick with their team until the end of the season.

Integrity...Responsibility...Leadership...qualities that are lacking in many of today's youth.

Janay was sick not suspended! Check with the ER in Clarksville on Sunday night before you repeat what you read in the newspaper. Media makes mistakes if you didn't know!

The Leaf Chronicle today quotes APSU coach Carrie Daniels saying that Janay Armstrong was suspended for the TSU game, but will be back for the game Saturday. I guess now the coach is in on the media conspiracy. I must confess, I never did check out my sources at the ER.

I have to say that I know Coach Moore very well and I know Vanessa very well. I am sure the argument between the 2 got very heated BUT I have to agree that you don't just quit on your team this late in the season. I have a son that plays high school ball and they do get yelled but this is not elementary school ball, they need to grow up and stop expecting their parents to go in and try to take care of everything for them.

I'd like to reiterate my earlier sentiment that this is a question of integrity. Even if the coach was the worst in the history of high school sports, a person should not quit their team this late in the season. Go ahead and talk about the coach, complain, whatever you feel is necessary, but don't quit on your TEAMMATES. They are the ones you are letting down.

Now I know that some of you who are close to the situation are going to come back and say "oh but her team supports her decision" but I don't see any of the rest of them quitting. Why? Because they have chosen to stick with their team until the end of the season.

Integrity...Responsibility...Leadership...qualities that are lacking in many of today's youth.

Everybody knows that coaches are going to yell and that is understandable, but to talk down to them and tell them that you can say whatever you want to say to say them because you are their coach and they are your student athletes is going too far. You are right this is high school and now is the time they have to learn responsibility and integrity, but no one is paying them to go to school so they don't just have to take whatever is said to them and grin and bear it.

As far as letting her team down and none of them quitting, I have heard that over half the team wanted to boycott, but couldn't get all the parents to come together since there were only two regular season games left.

Also I heard that when LaTeira went to the coach to tell her that she wanted to quit, she was very undecided about the situation, but that GREAT COACH as you all have said didn't even try to persuade her not to quit. Instead, her response was that she can quit if she wants to but she had already decided to suspend her for the Giles Co game anyway. Now, I don't think this is their first run in so why wait until the end of the year to suspend her from a game. It almost sounds like to me that you just suffered a humiliating lost from Shelbyville on the previous Friday, you tell your team on Monday that they will run until "T" no longer has an attitude and you don't let them have anything to drink the whole practice, you had a meeting with LaTeira's guardian that didn't go your way on the same day, so now you have to do something to this CHILD. Yes, she has to learn responsibility, integrity,etc....but she is still a child and how can they learn if we all as grown-ups don't try to teach them.

I can't take up for the coach because I wasn't there, but I just can't buy that quitting with only two games left was the right thing to do no matter what the situation.

If a student came to me and wanted to quit I wouldn't try to talk them into staying, either. Their heart wouldn't be in it anymore.

I'm sure Coach Moore didn't plan to suspend her until she had a reason.

As a parent, I don't let my kids quit something once they make a commitment to it. That is how we, as adults, teach them integrity and responsibility. It's my job, not the coach's.

Yeah. I think the mirror is where she needs to look for her troubles.

As far as scholarships at CHS go, there's been several over the past few years with the exception of boys basketball which has been down for Central's standards. Was Zac Walker the last in basketball?

Coger signed with Alabama, Sparkman with UNC. Demario Williams was looked at in football but signed with MTSU in basketball from Culleoka.

Bratton, Lovett and some other kids whose names I can't remember right now in baseball. There's been a few in softball too.

I don't think Central's scholarship offers are down, but grades and character come into play when colleges are looking at kids. Sparkman's no longer at UNC and Armstrong left WVU. You don't think college recruiters notice what schools the kids that aren't panning out originated from? I do.

Okay, the last I check there are more than one football player on the team, matter of fact there are more than one senior in each sport. So big deal if one player get a scholarship what about the other seniors that are on the team, that played night after night only to take home some 5 dollar trophy. And the boys basketball team, that coach shouldn't even think that he is a coach, please he needs to go back to a single A school, this division is to much for him.

And besides if you don't build a winning team, what college in his right mind is going to come and watch a sorry team.

And as far as basketball, Central has had talent and a lot of the girls was look at because of being on AAU teams, nothing the coach did for them. So girls play AAU and the college coaches will come.

And I also wonder why do we have teachers and why are the kids in school if they can't build character in a child, yes a lot of the raising takes place at home with the parents, but it takes a village to raise a kid. I guess that village does not include teachers, coaches, and adminstration.

janice, almost all high school basketball players(boys & girls) are first noticed by college coaches while playing AAU. It's a good bet when you see a college coach at a high school game he's already in the process of recruiting that player.

And remember not all players have the ability or talent to play at the next level.