Freshman and Sophomore State

steelerwhit

Why is the TSSAA not promoting wresting for the state of Tennessee?

If the coaches can not coach their wrestlers during the off season, this will discourage wrestlers from participating in off-season programs.

What good is this?

Is the TSSAA trying to kill wrestling?

I am only asking this because of all of the opportunities for these kids. Why kill their opportunity?

I thought TSSAA was to promote athletics?

Am I wrong, if so, can somebody advise.

Thanks.

Ths state is making a conserted effort to promote wrestling by having all of these wrestling tournaments around the state AAU/USA, however, the High School Coaches are not able to coach their own wrestlers.

Does anybody see this as up-side-down?

MY UNDERSTANDING IS YOU CAN'T COACH YOUR KIDS AT YOUR FACITITY. SO WORK OUT A TRADE PROCESS WITH YOUR NEIGHBORING COACHES. YOU CAN COACH YOUR KIDS ALL YOU WANT TO AT ANOTHER PLACE. OR YOUR KIDS WOULD PROBABLY LEARN ALOT FROM ANOTHER COACH AT YOUR PLACE.

HAVE COACH LOGSDON BRING HIS BRADLEY WRESTLERS TO YOUR SCHOOL AND LET YOUR KIDS BE PART OF A BRADLEY PRACTICE. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS SETBACK AND TAKE NOTES. IF STEVE IS WILLING TO DO THAT I WANT HALLS TO BE HIS FIRST STOP.

THE ANIMAL

MY UNDERSTANDING IS YOU CAN'T COACH YOUR KIDS AT YOUR FACITITY. SO WORK OUT A TRADE PROCESS WITH YOUR NEIGHBORING COACHES. YOU CAN COACH YOUR KIDS ALL YOU WANT TO AT ANOTHER PLACE. OR YOUR KIDS WOULD PROBABLY LEARN ALOT FROM ANOTHER COACH AT YOUR PLACE.

HAVE COACH LOGSDON BRING HIS BRADLEY WRESTLERS TO YOUR SCHOOL AND LET YOUR KIDS BE PART OF A BRADLEY PRACTICE. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS SETBACK AND TAKE NOTES. IF STEVE IS WILLING TO DO THAT I WANT HALLS TO BE HIS FIRST STOP.

THE ANIMAL

We aren't allowed to do anything during a dead period with the kids. Even during the weightlifting and conditioning, we are only allowed to hold an open room and act as supervisors. We are only allowed 15 dates of official organized practice where we can lace up the shoes with the boys and get ready for Freestyle/Greco. I mean we can't even have practice before school starts!! The 15 dates starts between the two dead periods, and isn't allowed during the fall. What is the point of have off season clubs when we aren't even allowed in the bloody room? I understand letting other coaches come in, but it is not easy finding a coach who shares your same ideas and philosophies. If you throw a bunch of opinions out there for the kids to learn from, they become overwhelmed, and confused. You have to keep things simple, and coherent for them. If you give them too many moves/holds, they forget the basics, and become unorganized or unruly in their methodology on the mats. I know because I was that way. My coach had to break me back down again, and get me to drill the basics more, and have less focus on the "Ewe/awe" moves.

These new restrictions don't impact some of the more prominent programs in the state. Who it impacts are the smaller programs with only a few coaches. So programs with a large coaching staffs can peel off a coach or two to concentrate on the off season where as smaller programs are forced to just drop everything in the off season. These rules have gotten more and more strict over recent years and you can see the gap of programs with numerous coaches/adults involved to those that only have a few.