How do we get rid of Ronnie

bear cat brown

I'm not quite sure that Mr Carter, would even miss us.

I'm not sure why the television rights were taken away from "Check in to Cash" but this ranks right up there with not having double elimination in the BIG BOY TOURNAMENT.

Our sport, is the greatest of them all, but we continue to do battle with a ***&*((&(*((**&@$!# that won't, for some reason, put forth the effort to make our sport grow. He seems to be more worried about keeping certain people off the floor, then handling the important issues.

When you see him this weekend, make it a point to ask him the reasoning behind these 2 decisions. From what I heard , someone took him a plan on making it a double elimination and no word has come out from RC on why it wouldn't work. The coaches want it , the parents want it , and the main reason it should be changed is , THE WRESTLERS DESERVE IT!!!

Ronnie if you would just hand over the power, I will find 5 semi-intelligent men to take over and give our sport the RESPECT that it deserves. Maybe a little Aretha Franklin is in order......

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

You better think (think)

Think about what you?re tryin? to do to me

Think (think-think) let your mind go let yourself be free

Let?s go back - let?s go back

Let?s go way on to way back when

I didn?t even know you

You couldn?t a been too much more than ten (just a child)

I ain?t no psychiatrist

I ain?t no doctor with degrees

But it don?t take too much I.Q.

To see what you?re doin? to me

You better think (think)

Yeah think (think - think)

Let your mind go let yourself be free

Oh freedom (freedom)

Let?s have some freedom (freedom)

Oh freedom

Yeah freedom (yeah)

You got to have freedom (freedom)

Oh freedom (freedom)

You need you some freedom

Oh freedom

Ya got ta have

Hey! think about it

You! think about it

There ain?t nothin? you could ask

I could answer you but I won?t (I won?t)

But I was gonna change ya I?m not if

You keep doin? things I don?t (don?t)

You better think (think)

(What you?re tryin? ta do to me

Oh-oh-oh think (think)

People walkin? around everyday

Playin? games and takin? scores

Tryin? to make other people lose their minds

Well be careful you don?t lose yours

Oh think (think)

Woo-hoo think (think)

You need me (need me)

And I need you (don?t cha know)

Without each other

There ain?t nothin? we two can do

Oooh yeah think about it baby

(What cha tryin? to do me think)

Let it go baby

Think about it right now

Yeah right now (think about ..forgiveness)

Whoa right now (tell about ..forgiveness)

Yeah right now (tell about ..forgiveness)

I need to change your mind (think about it)

Baby baby baby woo (tell about it..forgiveness)

Think about it baby (tell about forgiveness)

FADES-

Yeah woo-hoo (tell about forgiveness)

Tell about it baby baby baby (think about it..)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bear cat brown' date='Feb 12 2008 - 03:13 PM' post='826718837']

I'm not sure why the television rights were taken away from "Check in to Cash" but this ranks right up there with not having double elimination in the BIG BOY TOURNAMENT. 

Our sport, is the greatest of them all, but we continue to do battle with a ***&*((&(*((**&@$!# that won't, for some reason, put forth the effort to make our sport grow. He seems to be more worried about keeping certain people off the floor, then handling the important issues. 

When you see him this weekend, make it a point to ask him the reasoning behind these 2 decisions. From what I heard , someone took him a plan on making it a double elimination and no word has come out from RC on why it wouldn't work. The coaches want it , the parents want it , and the main reason it should be changed is , THE WRESTLERS DESERVE IT!!!

Ronnie if you would just hand over the power, I will find 5 semi-intelligent men to take over and give our sport the RESPECT that it deserves. Maybe a little Aretha Franklin is in order......
bcb iii  

Don't fall in love with a dreamer

'Cause he'll always take you in

Just when you think you've really changed him

He'll leave you again

'Cause he'll break you every time

Put out the light

And just hold on

Before you say goodbye

Don't drag the Bear Nation into this. The system has worked pretty well for us. Although, I would paint lines on the road by hand for a month to see double elimination.

I'll mention it to RC in our next conference call. I'll also tell him you were just kidding. I'd hate to see you barred from the building before the 125 final.

[quote name='bear cat brown' date='Feb 12 2008 - 03:13 PM' post='826718837']

bcb iii  

'Cause he'll always take you in

Just when you think you've really changed him

He'll leave you again

'Cause he'll break you every time

Put out the light

And just hold on

Before you say goodbye

Kenny Rogers & Kim Carnes? OK,OK. A mans gotta say what a mans gotta say in order to make his point.

Tell it all brother, before we fall...

RC is not the problem guys. He doesn't have a vote on anything. Can he make suggestions? Sure, but ultimately the board of control is who makes the rules. If you want change, start lobbying your regional board of control member.

RC has been very good for wrestling in TN. Be careful what you wish for. We could get a basketball guy in charge of wrestling. We all know how that goes at the local level when it comes to scheduling your own gym for practice or matches.

Start the BCB PAC and start lobbying your BOC member. You could take him to one of your meetings and loosen him up a bit.

Sportsvision Productions has been handling the airing of the State Traditional Tourney for the last 7 years.We anticipated bringing it by TV or Streaming this year as well. Somwhere in 2007 the Board of the TSSAA decided they wanted to handle all broadcast and broadcast rights. Neither one of us was notified.I guess we would have had to know what was on the agenda of the board(something I usually dont do..does anyone?) and get on slate and bid against the other people. But as mentioned we had no idea of the new process. We didnt know until we went to them in Jan as we usually do to ask for the rights to stream or televise the event. With the amount of money spent on this generously by Mr. Jones it is quite dissappointing that we werent let in on this procedure in time to be a continued part of this. His generosity deserves more respect than that in my opinion.

Evidently a proposal has to be made(this is the first year) to the board and must be approved at one of the meetings(June, Sept, Jan.)

I am speculating, but it seems someone convinced them(the board) to stream the finals on the TSSAA website and charge a fee of nearly 10 dollars. My guess is they will have a way to buy videos of the event somewhere on their site as well for those who are interested. It is being done by some company in Iowa. I think TSSAA has been promised a percentage of the proceeds. It comes down to making money it seems for TSSAA. We have been told that we can go through the board and present a proposal at one of the next board meetings for next year. We are now streaming a very technical and quality product ourselves and will be able to compete with what we think is a superior product for future events.

For seven years we have promoted area wrestling via the TV Broadcast with people like Danny Gilbert, John Lennon, and myself and others with the major financing coming from Mr. Jones and check into cash. Its been extremely satisfying to promote these kids and to be a part of their, and the states, wrestling history that is written each year. Its dissapointing that we will not be a part of it this year.

As far as we understand. It has been taken completely out of Mr. Carters hands. I dont know if he could have stepped in and notified us without repurcussion or whether he felt he needed to.

But....Hopefully we will be back at it in the future.

Sportsvision Productions has been handling the airing of the State Traditional Tourney for the last 7 years.We anticipated bringing it by TV or Streaming this year as well. Somwhere in 2007 the Board of the TSSAA decided they wanted to handle all broadcast and broadcast rights. Neither one of us was notified.I guess we would have had to know what was on the agenda of the board(something I usually dont do..does anyone?) and get on slate and bid against the other people. But as mentioned we had no idea of the new process. We didnt know until we went to them in Jan as we usually do to ask for the rights to stream or televise the event. With the amount of money spent on this generously by Mr. Jones it is quite dissappointing that we werent let in on this procedure in time to be a continued part of this. His generosity deserves more respect than that in my opinion.

Evidently a proposal has to be made(this is the first year) to the board and must be approved at one of the meetings(June, Sept, Jan.)

I am speculating, but it seems someone convinced them(the board) to stream the finals on the TSSAA website and charge a fee of nearly 10 dollars. My guess is they will have a way to buy videos of the event somewhere on their site as well for those who are interested. It is being done by some company in Iowa. I think TSSAA has been promised a percentage of the proceeds. It comes down to making money it seems for TSSAA. We have been told that we can go through the board and present a proposal at one of the next board meetings for next year. We are now streaming a very technical and quality product ourselves and will be able to compete with what we think is a superior product for future events.

For seven years we have promoted area wrestling via the TV Broadcast with people like Danny Gilbert, John Lennon, and myself and others with the major financing coming from Mr. Jones and check into cash. Its been extremely satisfying to promote these kids and to be a part of their, and the states, wrestling history that is written each year. Its dissapointing that we will not be a part of it this year.

As far as we understand. It has been taken completely out of Mr. Carters hands. I dont know if he could have stepped in and notified us without repurcussion or whether he felt he needed to.

But....Hopefully we will be back at it in the future.

I wonder how much of the" fees" will actually go to the sport? Just another step in the wrong direction from the powers that be. And on top of it a company from Iowa, Well thanks for getting it started, I hope or wish that we could got back to the old SETAC, and others, ( South East TN. Atheletic Conference) . Thanks again to all who really got it started that doesn't include anyone from The TSSAA, Hail Ceasar!

When approached by one of our middle tn regional coaches regarding a double elimination state tourney, RCarter indicated NO ONE had ever handed him a proposal detailing it and how it could work within the structure in place (times, days, sessions, etc.)

Have any of you done so?

I dont think its RCarter's job description to create a new format when, for TSSAA, the old format works. Not alot of us go out and create work for ourselves.

I do know that a full, detailed proposal is in Chattanooga, hermetically sealed in a mayonaise jar waiting to be given at the meeting.

Wrestling is going to miss RCarter when he decides retires.

When approached by one of our middle tn regional coaches regarding a double elimination state tourney, RCarter indicated NO ONE had ever handed him a proposal detailing it and how it could work within the structure in place (times, days, sessions, etc.)

Have any of you done so?

I dont think its RCarter's job description to create a new format when, for TSSAA, the old format works. Not alot of us go out and create work for ourselves.

I do know that a full, detailed proposal is in Chattanooga, hermetically sealed in a mayonaise jar waiting to be given at the meeting.

Wrestling is going to miss RCarter when he decides retires.

Yes there is a coach that took the time to create such a plan and he did deliver it to Uncle Ronnie. So now what??

The only thing that we have in a jar down here in Chatt-town, will grow hair in places that hair shouldn't grow.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />