13AA Final Four

redbirdfan

Well, as a long time viewer and non-responder to this site, I must take time to make a quick statement. The OC girl's loss on Thursday night was bad for the girl's emotions. However, the OC girls are a highly talented team. This will serve as a learning experience for them. No matter the outcome of the consolation game, the OC girls will finish 1 or 2 in the regional tournament. Yes, please hold me to that!!! Look for them to start their momentum come Sat. night!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was Griffin out for GC? I only listened to part of the game but knew someone was missing.

She is out for the season. She has a fractured vertabre in her lower back. When you take 15 points out of your starting lineup it hurts and our girls still only lost by 4. Great job Gibson County and congrats to miln. Our focus should be on Heather and speedy anquick recovery.

Look that was one of the worst officiated games if not the worst i have ever seen look the official with hair was standin under the basket with the play right in front of him and he had to ask for help and them on the next call he had to get help from the milan girls which they did tell him right but still and all 3 officials needed to quit bein awe of poston and call what they saw her doin oh yeah it was very clear tonight that a tournament DOES NOT need to be held at milan and why do you storm the court after a district semi game show some class because i know milan people do have it

I am appalled over the scheduleing of the officals for this tournament , why not rotate from another district. I don't Under stand letting Joyner officate when he still coachs goff at Milan plus has a daughter playing for milan,its not the calls you make but the calls don't make that also effects the out come .Mr Carter what are you thinking to risk the INTEGRITY of the game .Come on surely you can do better than this .

I am appalled over the scheduleing of the officals for this tournament , why not rotate from another district. I don't Under stand letting Joyner officate when he still coachs goff at Milan plus has a daughter playing for milan,its not the calls you make but the calls don't make that also effects the out come .Mr Carter what are you thinking to risk the INTEGRITY of the game .Come on surely you can do better than this .

If what you are saying is true, then something is rotten in Denmark...... I have not dog's in this fight but I think that is sort of stacking the odds in the hometeam's favor.....

Guest nwtnsports

I haven't been at the tournament this week, but just a note on the officials. I understand your feelings. Joyner was probably chosen because, IMO, he's one of the best referees in the area. It is a compliment to HIS integrity and ability to trust him to fairly call games in this district.

Should have a great night of basketball tomorrow. I'll pick Obion Co. and Milan, but it will be close. Here's hoping for exciting games and no injuries.

If what you are saying is true, then something is rotten in Denmark...... I have not dog's in this fight but I think that is sort of stacking the odds in the hometeam's favor.....

Yes there is something rotten...and its gone on for ab out 2-3 years. Go figure...can you say conflict of interest TSSAA??

I have written the TSSAA office and hope to get an answer on this matter. Nothing agaisnt Joyner, its just common sense. You dont officiate games where your daughters school could benefit one way or the other...hello?? There are 6 other schools that this affects, really 7 if you included his daughters team.

Waiting to see what happens. Although, I dont expect a reply. Because theres no reasonable explanation they can give to justify it.

She is out for the season. She has a fractured vertabre in her lower back. When you take 15 points out of your starting lineup it hurts and our girls still only lost by 4. Great job Gibson County and congrats to miln. Our focus should be on Heather and speedy anquick recovery.

Thanks gcfan2.... keep her in your prayers... she would have given anything to have been able to help her teammates in the game against Milan the other night...it was hard to keep her off the floor... she is in a lot of pain... but she will never let anyone know that... that's just her... our girls are tough.... and hopefully they will bounce back after the lose... i think Murphree and Huey did a great job on Poston the other night...Quicknees they have... but strength is what we needed.. they just weren't strong enough to hold her down...but they did the job coach asked them to...

Go Lady Pioneers!!!!!

Obion County's girls showed alot of heart tonite from coming back from a 12 point deficit to force overtime and win the game 66-61....It looked like Heather Butler was going to be the big story as she had a game high 31 points but the two OC sophs Chassidy Fussell(20) and Aubrey Reedy(18) combined for 38 points and got help from Jana Roney(12pts) and Gentry Reedy(10pts)to complete the comeback win....These two teams will hit the road for quarter-final games with OC taking on the Fayette Ware/Jax N-S loser while Gibson County will travel to face the Fayette Ware/Jax N-S winner...Either way those two home teams are going to have their hands full with 13AA.....

I'm going to add my 2 cents worth on the official thing....It is a conflict of interest for Joyner to be officiating 13AA games period...It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out....You will never be able to give an instant or an example of the guy making a difference in the game..It's the perception...Think of this,how would it look if Dan Boykin was officiating games in 14A involving his grandson who plays for Union City or Ronald Ward doing games involving Union City,where he is the school's 3rd leading scorer....I don't know if Joyner does Milan games,surely not...I do remember Ward doing a UC/Westview game the last season UC was in 2A and there was an uproar from Westview fans then....Personally with all the games he could officiate,I don't see why he would put himself in that sort of situation...If he is such a great official we could sure use him in 14A where officiating is very thin....

Boykins, great job tonight my friend. NOT! The technical fouled you called was pitiful. I never saw either team getting warned throughout the night. You finally T'd Gibson Co. up when the game was in our hands and Obion Co. was in desperation. We should've won it in OT but it didn't happen.

I'll guarantee you, Gibson Co. is the best 4th place team in the state. Take any other 4th place team in the state and I'll bet my money on Gibson Co. This just goes to show how good this District is. A team that has been ranked at #1 all year and only had 4 losses in the regular season ending up at the #4 seed. If Milan wins tonight, as they are winning 50-32 at the half, that puts Milan in the opposite bracket of Gibson Co. That would put Gibson Co. V. NS/Fayette Ware winner and then the winner of the GC/14AA game will play the winner of most likely Westview and whomever they play. Being opposite of Obion Co. and Milan was the best thing for Gibson Co. going into Regionals. I know it's not ever good to lose but in a way it DID help us.

Good Luck in regionals GC!!!!