6-AA

jhoutsider

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East Ridge at Grundy will be played at 4:00 central time today. Game was cancelled on Tuesday due to one of Grundy's players being in an auto accident on the way to school and was life flighted to Erlanger. The player, Loren Pickett was very lucky to only have some deep cuts to her left arm which will require several surgeries (skin graphs) to repair. As bad as her arm looks it appears there is no ligament or tendon damage or broken bones. Thanks to Coach Mauser at East Ridge and everyone else that has called to check on Loren and please continue to pray for her.

Shawn DiGianfelice

Grundy Softball

Not completely sure since some games count in the standings, some don't, and a couple of teams don't seem to call in their scores. Hixson is first regardless. Chattanooga Christian's loss to Hixson gave them three overall, should knock them out of second place and maybe down to fourth. The big thing is staying out of fourth as that's likely a second round matchup with Hixson.

From the scoreboard and from the paper it looks like Hixson (0 losses), Grundy (1 loss to Hixson with CCS, ER, Bledsoe, Notre Dame and Marion to play), Sequatchie (2 losses with Bledsoe and Howard to play), CCS (3 losses) might make up the top half. Grundy could finish as high as second or potentially drop to seventh or eighth. I'd call them the favorites over Notre Dame, slight underdog to Chattanooga Christian with the East Ridge, Marion and Bledsoe games being tossups, so who knows where they might end up.

Did East Ridge play Bledsoe Wednesday?

Not completely sure since some games count in the standings, some don't, and a couple of teams don't seem to call in their scores. Hixson is first regardless. Chattanooga Christian's loss to Hixson gave them three overall, should knock them out of second place and maybe down to fourth. The big thing is staying out of fourth as that's likely a second round matchup with Hixson.

From the scoreboard and from the paper it looks like Hixson (0 losses), Grundy (1 loss to Hixson with CCS, ER, Bledsoe, Notre Dame and Marion to play), Sequatchie (2 losses with Bledsoe and Howard to play), CCS (3 losses) might make up the top half. Grundy could finish as high as second or potentially drop to seventh or eighth. I'd call them the favorites over Notre Dame, slight underdog to Chattanooga Christian with the East Ridge, Marion and Bledsoe games being tossups, so who knows where they might end up.

Did East Ridge play Bledsoe Wednesday?

I have no clue but I'll try to find out....

Indian,

East Ridge beat Grundy 5-3 on Wed. Hope that helps clear up standings a little. All I know is this tournament could be crazy and I'm sure a lot of fun. This is the most parity that I have seen in the district in my seven years at Grundy. Thanks for all you do to give 6-AA softball a voice on this site. Everyone please continue to keep Loren Pickett in thier prayers! It appears that she will make a full recovery but it will take some time.

Shawn DiGianfelice

Grundy Softball

That ER win is good for Sequatchie but unless it affects Seq in the district like that, I always like to see the valley teams win over the Hamilton County teams. For a lot of years there have been coaches (not all but some), players and parents (same, not all but some) offended when one of the teams from over this way does well in "their" sport. Same for individuals doing well in the summer, though that seems to have lessened as they've come to understand such individuals can sometimes really help their traveling teams.

From the way I see it now, Grundy will have to win out with CCS, Bledsoe, Marion and Notre Dame or Sequatchie will get second if they beat Bledsoe and Howard. With wins, second and third would meet in the second round if they do 1-8 again so there's not much difference, but you can get a slightly easier first round game. ER is capable of getting wins too, Sequatchie just beat them by a run at the start of the season.